• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Substitute (1 Viewer)

Bells88

HSC
Our poor English Extension teacher was diagnosed with cancer at the end of term 4, and obviously had to leave for treatment. We were given a substitute english teacher who was pretty terrible, and we hardly touched our texts except for occasionally reading random bits, with no analysis. While we have now got another (substitute) teacher, and she's pretty good, we effectively wasted 25% of our class time this year. Is there any way this could be considered for our classes marks in the course?

ncoul

HSC
Wow that's unfortunate. I think that because you were under the supervision and guidance of an English teacher, you will receive nothing extra. Maybe consider dropping if you feel that this is going to be to your detriment.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Our poor English Extension teacher was diagnosed with cancer at the end of term 4, and obviously had to leave for treatment. We were given a substitute english teacher who was pretty terrible, and we hardly touched our texts except for occasionally reading random bits, with no analysis. While we have now got another (substitute) teacher, and she's pretty good, we effectively wasted 25% of our class time this year. Is there any way this could be considered for our classes marks in the course?
I doubt it. The school and the English faculty sanctioned this appointment so unless her removal was strictly based on poor performance on her part, then leniency won't be provided.

Bells88

HSC
I doubt it. The school and the English faculty sanctioned this appointment so unless her removal was strictly based on poor performance on her part, then leniency won't be provided.
It actually was, as the class went to the head english teacher and said that we were doing nothing.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Still, there's a lot of kids who have sucky teachers. While its unfortunate, I don't think there's much you can do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)