• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Summer Holidays Chatter Thread 09-10 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaKitten

HSC
How did you get into that? Are you a part timer, are you still at uni?
Full time uni, part time work. I mainly work weekends, theyre quite flexible and let me work around my uni schedule.

Got to cut out snowflakes at work today :p There's an Xmas decorations competition between each of the departments which is being judged tomorrow. Now that's what they don't teach you at uni :p
Our department never wins. Its always those damn nursing staff up on the wards that win :(

amber44

HSC
Full time uni, part time work. I mainly work weekends, theyre quite flexible and let me work around my uni schedule.
How did you get into it? I'd really like to do something like that part time aswell.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
is it HSC time today?

KarmaKitten

HSC
Awesome thanks!! Do you need any sort of specific skills, what are you studying?
Like health related? No, not for the admin positions. Most of the admin/telephonist positions want obviously admin, receptionist, office junior type skills. But its not really complex skills, if you can type and talk on the phone, that's pretty much it.

amber44

HSC
Like health related? No, not for the admin positions. Most of the admin/telephonist positions want obviously admin, receptionist, office junior type skills. But its not really complex skills, if you can type and talk on the phone, that's pretty much it.
Cool. Do you get enough hours, how do you fit it in with uni?
Also, I just found a position and it's at my local hospital...

HealthJobs - Health Jobs View

lala2

Banned
HSC
Our department never wins. Its always those damn nursing staff up on the wards that win :(
Yeah. I think it's because a) they've got more space to work with, and b) there's more of them who can contribute. We hung tinsel and snowflakes....looks quite wintry actually (if that's a word). There's no 1st, 2nd, 3rd place, you just win a prize for anything particularly meritorious. We won a prize for singing (I think we were the only ones who sung to the judges as a greeting--we used an Australian version of Jingle Bells), and a prize for multiculturalism (we stuck Merry Xmas in various languages all around the department, all reflecting each of us). We had English, Cantonese, Urdu, Pushtu, Irish, Scottish, Serbian, and then some other random ones which we felt like sticking up.

kokodamonkey

HSC
on my dinnerbreak tonight at work decided to buy can of coke from machine. it ate my $1.20. put in another 10c. nothing happened.

phoned up the number on the machine. they are sending me cheque out for $3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)