Summer School '07 (1 Viewer)

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
thnx skeeta and staz

and to ur q about my sig staz, i got no idea. Cut a long story short, this isnt my acc, my friend and i swapped accounts, this helped limit our bos usage.

latvia

HSC
N/A
If there are two differen't workshop times for one unit, can you choose the one you want to attend upon registration?

There might be a clash if you go to another one.....so will they automatically allocate you to the one that you can attend or just randomly put u to either one of the workshops?

If there is a clash (because they allocated you the workshop time that overlapps with another one), are you able to change it later on (tell them your situation, etc)? Or are you only a dead end......

Markazzo

HSC
Any idea if Sydney will give me credit for a subject I do at UNSW or somewhere else? There's not much choice for subjects at Sydney.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
latvia said:
If there are two differen't workshop times for one unit, can you choose the one you want to attend upon registration?

There might be a clash if you go to another one.....so will they automatically allocate you to the one that you can attend or just randomly put u to either one of the workshops?

If there is a clash (because they allocated you the workshop time that overlapps with another one), are you able to change it later on (tell them your situation, etc)? Or are you only a dead end......
The timetabling unit will always spit out the timetable with the least clashes.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I don't think they put timetables up for summer school. How would they know how many classes they need until enrolment date ends?

the summer school website tells you the times and days they are on. For example, the English subject I'm doing (well 90% doing next year in summer school) is on Tuesdays and Fridays Lecture 12-1, Tute 2-4. So 3 x 3, 6 hours per week.

I reckon it wont be as bad as everyone makes it out to be!

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Can you guys tell me which month summer school will be on??

latvia

HSC
N/A
I heard that this is the 1st year in which they "spreaded out" the dates for different summer subjects....so they now span across dec, jan, feb.

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Hey guys!

Those of you who are not so keen on paying upfront, there is this thing called "FEE-HELP". It's just that the government pays for you now. It is not HECS, its like the FULL amount for the subject, however, you pay it off through the tax system, just like HECS.

I attended summer school 06, and my course cost more than $3,000.

But hey, you have to pay the Student Union Fees yourself.

You can just go up to the Summer School office, speak to them about FEE-HELP. They'd get you to fill some form.

Well, this was the procedure last summer.

I found summer school to be pretty good. Since classes are small, you can have a good discussion - as opposed to semester lectures.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
u should ring up the summer school office, although I hear u have to wait for awhile to speak to someone. If it's under postgrad, then it most probably means you hgave to be a post grad to do it, right?

I'm officially doing summer school! Hooray for me (I think! lol) A lot of people think I'm a complete nutter for CHOOSING to do summer school, however funny enough, my family support me all the way :S I think I drive them crazy during the summer holidays.

But i'm looking forward to it! Victorian Literature, oh yeh! :p

Skeeta

HSC
grk_styl said:
u should ring up the summer school office, although I hear u have to wait for awhile to speak to someone.
a while!?
How about ringing every day for a month, only getting an answering machine and no return phone call for about 3 weeks.

The best way to do it is not ring the summer school phone number directly (because no-one is there), but to ring the main usyd phone number and get them to transfer you directly.

It's probably easier for you guys though, because you're at the campus on which the office is, but everyone that i did summer school with had huge probelms trying to get in contact with them!

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
grk_styl said:
u should ring up the summer school office, although I hear u have to wait for awhile to speak to someone. If it's under postgrad, then it most probably means you hgave to be a post grad to do it, right?

I'm officially doing summer school! Hooray for me (I think! lol) A lot of people think I'm a complete nutter for CHOOSING to do summer school, however funny enough, my family support me all the way :S I think I drive them crazy during the summer holidays.

But i'm looking forward to it! Victorian Literature, oh yeh! :p
Did you get FEE-HELP? If so, how hard was it to get? :confused:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I dunno why you'd bother with Summer School just to make the load go down to 3 subjects for one semester, I'm doing 3 subjects at the moment and it doesn't feel any lighter than 4...

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
I'd feel lighter when I'll be doing 3 PSYC subjects, as opposed to 3 psych + arts, well for me anyway.

Plus...if i don't get into my degree next year, I have to swap degrees, so I'll need to make up arts units anyway, otherwise I'll be at uni for 6 years. I'm swallowing up my parents' bank account enough as it is!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)