Summer School Statistics (1 Viewer)

blackrifice

HSC
Hi Guys,

I just received an email from UNSW saying that Summer School for 09/10 was full fee paying, which means I would have to pay $3,240 for doing QMB (total rip)

Basically I've currently got a cadetship and am in my second year at UNSW and have loaded up with 3 subjects a semester and did 2 subjects last summer.

Next year I get time off my regular cadetship and in its place have landed a part time (2 days a week) job at Deutsche Bank, which means I will have enough time to go full-time uni.

Furthermore, to finish my degree in 3 years and to do that I need to do one summer subject. I was planning to do QMB at UNSW this summer (last year it was supported by HECS), but due to it being full fee paying this year, I want to do it at other Uni's. So far I have seen that both USYD and Macquarie are also full fee paying and my only remaining options are UTS or UWS.

Can anyone confirm that the QMB equivalent at UTS is "Business Statistics" (26134) and at UWS is "Statistics for Business" (200032).
Can anyone also please confirm if the above two subjects are offered in summer and are they supported by HECS.

Thanks for your help.

BeeCom

HSC
Hi Guys,

I just received an email from UNSW saying that Summer School for 09/10 was full fee paying, which means I would have to pay $3,240 for doing QMB (total rip)

Basically I've currently got a cadetship and am in my second year at UNSW and have loaded up with 3 subjects a semester and did 2 subjects last summer.

Next year I get time off my regular cadetship and in its place have landed a part time (2 days a week) job at Deutsche Bank, which means I will have enough time to go full-time uni.

Furthermore, to finish my degree in 3 years and to do that I need to do one summer subject. I was planning to do QMB at UNSW this summer (last year it was supported by HECS), but due to it being full fee paying this year, I want to do it at other Uni's. So far I have seen that both USYD and Macquarie are also full fee paying and my only remaining options are UTS or UWS.

Can anyone confirm that the QMB equivalent at UTS is "Business Statistics" (26134) and at UWS is "Statistics for Business" (200032).
Can anyone also please confirm if the above two subjects are offered in summer and are they supported by HECS.

Thanks for your help.
Are you sure HECS people don't just have to pay the full fee amount on their HECS (so not getting the partial subsidy from the government)?

What job did you get at DB?

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Summer school subjects are NOT supported by HECS.

UWA normal maths unit cost = $520
ANU summer maths unit cost = $2500 or something AND it is all online/self study (well that was a stochastic unit anyway)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help.
I doubt you'll be able to do a subject at another university which doesn't count towards a qualification at that uni on HECS. Cop the $3000 or overload by one. It's only a first year subject.

blackrifice

HSC
The job at DB is a junior research analyst position.

With regards to overloading next year, I'm going to be doing 5 subjects as is and next sem am doing 3 with full time work, so its going to be a bit hard to overload.

cerene

procrastinator
HSC
Best thing to do is to give the uni a call. You wouldn't want to do a subject at UTS and then find out that it was a waste of time.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Best thing to do is to give the uni a call. You wouldn't want to do a subject at UTS and then find out that it was a waste of time.
Unis won't help you with advanced standing, they are cunts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)