Super Smash Bros (1 Viewer)

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
which is why i said samus not zero suit samus
i know but i'm assuming Ozko was referring to zero suit as there is literally no way anyone would think normal samus is OP lol

photastic

HSC
i know but i'm assuming Ozko was referring to zero suit as there is literally no way anyone would think normal samus is OP lol
Normal Samus was pretty good in melee tbh. Every other game killed her.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Gamecube Controller FTW.

Nothing beats the speed of the original and melee. And where dafuq is Isaac?
also whilst i haven't got it myself, only got 1, you can connect 2 gamecube controller adaptors allowing for 8 player smash with 8 gamecube controllers lol

i actually prefer this to the original and i prefer this over melee when it comes to just chilling and casual fun, just because of the variety. But melee, as stated earlier, is better for more competitive play

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Normal Samus was pretty good in melee tbh. Every other game killed her.
yep

severely nerfed in brawl

buffed in this one relative to brawl but nowhere close to OP and there are a lot of other characters i prefer

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Little Mac is very fast and very strong but has awful recovery (if he didn't have the latter he would defs be imbalanced imo because he is probs one of the 3 or 5 fastest fighters in the game and hits like a goddamn truck)

photastic

HSC
also whilst i haven't got it myself, only got 1, you can connect 2 gamecube controller adaptors allowing for 8 player smash with 8 gamecube controllers lol

i actually prefer this to the original and i prefer this over melee when it comes to just chilling and casual fun, just because of the variety. But melee, as stated earlier, is better for more competitive play
Yes agreed, but never understood the casual side of super smash bros which is why I have too many gc controllers.

yep

severely nerfed in brawl

buffed in this one relative to brawl but nowhere close to OP and there are a lot of other characters i prefer
Lol, its not about OP characters, its about OP skills. :p

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
This almost made me cry I liked that move cos of how annoying it is
His final smash has also been redone since palutena is her own character now

Final smashes as a whole seem to be less powerful this time around though i haven't played with them extensively (most of my matches so far have been devoid of items)

seanieg89

HSC
cool, going to sort that out later

does it play alright? Like no lag or anything like that (assuming decent computer/internet)?
Super late reply, but yeah it is decent. There is some lag, but it is less than what you will experience with any actual nintendo wifi connection.

It makes it hard to play characters like melee fox, but for the most part it's great.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Most annoying is Pikachu's OP Down b :))))
Thunder is less spamtastic in this one, im not sure entirely but i think the vertical range has been reduced and it covers less ground when it hits

seanieg89

HSC
Played smash 4 today, didn't like it much. Too much of a roll fest, and the defensive options and recoveries are too good still. At a tournament yesterday, the smash 4 games were so boring because people were trying to time out and stuff.

Melee (and to a lesser extent PM) for life.

Swaan

Stupid Fat Hobbit
HSC
His final smash has also been redone since palutena is her own character now

Final smashes as a whole seem to be less powerful this time around though i haven't played with them extensively (most of my matches so far have been devoid of items)
All I know Kirby's final smash with hammer remains strong :D I don't play many characters HHAHA only Kirby, Ike and Pitt tbh and sometimes Meta K

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Played smash 4 today, didn't like it much. Too much of a roll fest, and the defensive options and recoveries are too good still. At a tournament yesterday, the smash 4 games were so boring because people were trying to time out and stuff.

Melee (and to a lesser extent PM) for life.
Noticed this at times too tbh, though to a lesser extent than you might have

You are definitely a better person to analyse the competitive aspect of smash as my friends and I are average lol. The timing out wasn't prevalent with the people i played with but some of the stages coupled with the mobility of certain characters meant there were some matches where a lot of time was spent just chasing people down rather than actual fighting, which makes it kinda annoying and might be what you experienced too

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
No comment.

Awks haha

I haven't checked out the custom moves though (nor am i particularly interested in them) but im guessing that a custom samus might be OP with that but im honestly not sure

Standard samus still feels rather floaty and a bit slow

seanieg89

HSC
Noticed this at times too tbh, though to a lesser extent than you might have

You are definitely a better person to analyse the competitive aspect of smash as my friends and I are average lol. The timing out wasn't prevalent with the people i played with but some of the stages coupled with the mobility of certain characters meant there were some matches where a lot of time was spent just chasing people down rather than actual fighting, which makes it kinda annoying and might be what you experienced too
Lel, I played shit yesterday. Placed 3rd/4th in Melee/PM and lost to a couple of people I shouldn't have.

But yeah, after playing for as long as I have, you can figure out how effective various strategies are pretty quickly. Its not as bad as brawl, but eventually smash 4 will be quite a snoozefest between two reasonable players. I hope I am at least partially wrong, but whatever. The series has already delivered me two of my favourite games of all time, so I don't care all that much.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Awks haha

I haven't checked out the custom moves though (nor am i particularly interested in them) but im guessing that a custom samus might be OP with that but im honestly not sure

Standard samus still feels rather floaty and a bit slow
It's either because the only SSB game I've played extensively is the N64 version, or I'm absolutely super noob at all the other characters.

I'm probably playing the game wrong tbf.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Lel, I played shit yesterday. Placed 3rd/4th in Melee/PM and lost to a couple of people I shouldn't have.

But yeah, after playing for as long as I have, you can figure out how effective various strategies are pretty quickly. Its not as bad as brawl, but eventually smash 4 will be quite a snoozefest between two reasonable players. I hope I am at least partially wrong, but whatever. The series has already delivered me two of my favourite games of all time, so I don't care all that much.
im aiming to check out online in two or so days once i've unlocked all the stages and finished event mode so that will probably give me a better idea of 1v1 play. Im hoping the online is not as terrible as brawl where i have successfully connected to a grand total of like 6 matches out of a far larger number of attempts, it was very laggy too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)