Superstition. (1 Viewer)

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Does anyone have any pre-exam, pre-assignment or pre-result processes they go through to try and get a good mark?

I know this is kooky, but whenever I get a test back, before I look at the mark, I go through a whole mental process of adjusting my expectations to achieve the mark I want. E.g - Year 11 Half Yearly Maths Test first I thought I'd failed, then that I'd pass, then that I'd failed and finally that I'd go really well. Turned out that I went well. Therefore, in getting my Year 12 Half Yearly Maths Test back I'll find myself going through the same process.

Oh, and before a test, my friend used to feed his cat dog food and he used to always go well...uncanny.

Abbeygale

HSC
I'm the same about downplaying my chances. I always try to convince myself I failed, because I find that whenever I come out of the exam room hating myself I end up with like, 90%, but when I feel really good afterwards it turns out I failed hideously.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I don't have any pre-result rituals but I have loads of pre-exam rituals.

I have to have my hair in a certain way and I always use the same pens for all my Exams but thats only if I go well in all of them. For instance if I felt I went bad in one of them, I'll stop using the pens I used in that exam. I know i'm weird.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i dont have any specific ones at the moment. well for me, when reaching my seat, i had to set up all of the equipment that i needed for that exam. i'd arrange my booklets in acertain way for comfiness.

and i sometimes have that thing about going shit, then actually doing better than my expectations. i think i did heaps crap these halfys!

snowblack

bleh
HSC
Abbeygale said:
I'm the same about downplaying my chances. I always try to convince myself I failed, because I find that whenever I come out of the exam room hating myself I end up with like, 90%, but when I feel really good afterwards it turns out I failed hideously.
So True !!!!

Sweets said:
I don't have any pre-result rituals but I have loads of pre-exam rituals.

I have to have my hair in a certain way and I always use the same pens for all my Exams but thats only if I go well in all of them. For instance if I felt I went bad in one of them, I'll stop using the pens I used in that exam. I know i'm weird.
Once again So True !!!
so glad to know im not the only one :D

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
william lawry i always do that as well. like every morning before a test, i'd do a shit, so that i would not worry about it during a test.

ichiraku

HSC
Well generally, if I feel I went shit in english assesments, I'll end up doing well and vise versa.

The opposite happens for math assesments though, where if I feel I've screwed up, I end up actually getting a shitty mark

Jessisbored

HSC
i usually wear a certain bracelet for exams..

in the hsc i did that and alwyas had my glasses on-even though i needed them i felt like they were lucky too, ummm i also brought in this tiny toy like thing to the exams under my desk

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
wrong_turn said:
william lawry i always do that as well. like every morning before a test, i'd do a shit, so that i would not worry about it during a test.
Just as I read that I swallowed a huge glob of gooey chocolate ice-cream...

lala2

Banned
HSC
ichiraku said:
Well generally, if I feel I went shit in english assesments, I'll end up doing well and vise versa.

The opposite happens for math assesments though, where if I feel I've screwed up, I end up actually getting a shitty mark
Me too! What's with English assessments? At least MAths assessments you can actually tell, with raesonable accuracy, how you went.

roadcone

HSC
i use a particular sort of pen, during school times i write in blue but for some reason during exams i have to write in black... its weird but i also have like a lucky blouse and skirt that i like to be wearing for my exams

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Pre-assessments:
Picture a Jaguar XJ220 in my garage. (I keep a picture of it in my wallet)

Then snap back into reality, focus on what I need to do now in order to get there.

X

xeuyrawp

Sweets said:
I always use the same pens for all my Exams but thats only if I go well in all of them. For instance if I felt I went bad in one of them, I'll stop using the pens I used in that exam. I know i'm weird.
Wow, I'm exactly the same. For trials I had my pens labelled, but the lady at the door of the HSC told me to take the labels off.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
i heard it's lucky to carry a quartz into the exam. don't know the reasoning behind it though

X

xeuyrawp

table for 1 said:
i heard it's lucky to carry a quartz into the exam. don't know the reasoning behind it though
yes, I also rent my luck out for 5$ per exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)