Supp Texts - Imaginative (2 Viewers)

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
I did Imaginative Journeys last year and my core text was also Coleridge. For my sup-texts I used:
- Margaret Atwood's Journey Into the Interior, as the title suggests, it is mainly about self exploration.
- Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness- Self exploration and self- discovery and redemption.
- Peter Jackson's LOTR (First movie)- Also self-exploration and reflects and criticises fascism.
I don't exactly remember how I linked everything, but I do have my old essays lying around. The AOS essay was one of my strong points because it was basically 20 weekends of rewriting different responses.

click here

to see my profile
HSC
I did Imag. Journey last year and I recommend the poem 'Ode to a Nightingale' by John Keats. Lots of imaginative imageries, metaphors, siimiles, etc

Cab31

HSC
I did imaginative journeys last year and in the actual HSC exam i used 'Back to the Future' - partly because it is my favourite movie and partly because it kicks ass as an imaginative journey! lol!

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I'm thinking of doing Butterfly effect for my portfolio, anyone else do it and got good marks?

ameradrian

HSC
Frida as Supplementary Text Imag Journeys

Hi I was wondering if anyone was doing the movie "Frida" 2002 as a supplementary text for Imaginary Journeys. If you are I wouldn't mind bouncing some ideas around.

Cheers.

icarus

HSC
N/A
im doing 'fire coming out of the monkey's head', by gorillaz from their album, demon days, unbelievably awsome, lots of imaginary stuff there, its a song, and as far as im concerned, pretty much no one is doing a song

bEAbEA

HSC
i am doing "i have a dream" spoken by martain luther king jnr, imagine by alanis morisette and/or the song, lucy in the sky with diamonds.
How many do we need to refer to in the exam?

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
bEAbEA said:
i am doing "i have a dream" spoken by martain luther king jnr, imagine by alanis morisette and/or the song, lucy in the sky with diamonds.
How many do we need to refer to in the exam?
no ur not, i have a dream is prescribed within the speeches module and hence ur not supposed 2 use it for anything else, unlucki....

bEAbEA

HSC
damnit - didn't know that! Thanks for telling me though, or else i would have done it in the exam!!!

dramaqueen462

Well Well Well....i am so so sick of this HSC thing every keeps reminding me about! I'm TRYING my best to block it out but you know its just not working. One question for you all. With this Coleridge dude, whats up with that? And why has no one at my school ever mentioned him/his poetry? I'm confused with that so if someone could explain it that would be sweet!
Thanks

dawso

HSC
lol, well this dude wrote some fuked up poetry wen he was tripped out on opium, and they make us study it, but it hasnt been mentioned at ur skool cause it obviously isnt ur prescribed text....

dramaqueen462

HmMmMm....I'm quite worried about myself....see I could've worked that out but this whole stupid thing has drained me of any real intelligence that ever existed within me. So yeah.... CLEARLY....IM SCREWED
so yeah! oh and one more question. With the stimulus booklet, can any text be nominated? Like do you have to know them alllll or can you study a few in depth and just kinda "browse" the rest?? (please god be the second option!!) And if they nominate say Atwoods poem and one of your chosen supplement texts is a poem, isnt that like a big no no?? Thanks guys I'm pretty clueless!

dawso

HSC
technically they can do anything they wnat...however, as the question is generic for physcial, imagainative and inner journeys, the diff texts in stim booklet cover diff areas so they prob wont...

tomcats 72

HSC
could a memory be an imaginative journey? And if so for a supp text could a flashback from any movie be used? Also I'm doin coleridge so should I use another poem as a supp text?

blueroze

*whatever*
on my bedroom floor... waist deep in books and pap
HSC
hey i just thought you could do goodbye lenin too... it could be the journey the guy goes on, because he's recreating the DDR that he ideally wanted... or that of his mother, because she has to believe it all blah blah blah... my other text is amelie... things that aren't in english are so much more interesting hehehheehe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)