Supp Texts - Imaginative (1 Viewer)

Natalie Chicken

HSC
hi guys. i have an english assignment where i have to pick three texts (one from the bos booklet) and analyse them and then compare them to two of coleridge's poems.

i was thinking the road not taken or the ivory trail from the bos booklet and now ive got no idea what to do for the other two.
i was leaning towards the usual suspects but i have no idea how to link that to coleridge hehe! any help is greately appreciated! thanks all!

Dee Dee

nak_yim
HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
Film (anime):
Spirited away
Arjuna:Rebirth

poetry:
The Jabberwocky - Lewis Carroll
Daffodills - William Wordsworth
La Belle Dame sans Merci - John Keats

i am doing the daffodills one too ..wait are you doing it on that too?lol
does any one knows any pics that represent an imaginative journey? i have two texts a film and a poem..but i am too lazy to read ahah i need somethign simple..

Cab31

HSC
hey i guess
u could use them.
i dont see why not
not the disney version though
use the novels coz otherwise it frowned upon.
if u wanna use a short like picture book, go into a lot of detail about it and stuff.
that will make it ok to use.
check out ur school library...there is a reason why they put picture books in for high school students
good luck

clerisy

HSC
Do our supplementary texts need to be different media to the one we choose from the stimulus book? Because I have a few poems up my sleeve and I really want to choose one of them for a related text, but I'm pretty set on doing Journey to the Interior from the stimulus.

ie
Would it be better to do in addition to The Tempest (drama) a book/movie/poem combination or is two poems and a book okay?

keladry

lady knight
HSC
u dont have to use different types of texts - no rules against it

but it is better to show u have an understanding of a variety of texts and techniques :D

malkin86

HSC
Run, Lola, Run could be a good film to do - basically this girl has a certain amount of time to get a lot of money for her boyfriend who is in trouble with the mob; and the film goes trousers-of-timeish and shows possible ways she gets the money, depending on little things like if she rides a bike or not.

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
where the wild things are!!!!
yeh, that was suuuch a kewl book! wasnt it banned fromt he states though? ah.. gotta love americans.... but im not doing it as a related text.
we're ALL doing imaginative journey arent we? because right at the start of this thread i thought i read something to do with imaginative journey specifically, but by reading some of the responses.. it seems as though there are some confused people......

jess87

yea u can do peter pan... well i am anyways, oh and supposivley its best not to do poetry, as that is the text were already studying and it doesnt look as good as a novel or something else.

chauie

HSC
N/A
alice in wonderland

hey can anyone help me out by telling me how alice in wonderland relates to imaginative journey?

just link it (briefly) for me and list any themes and/or techniques you can think of

im so blank...

Last edited:

Dee Dee

nak_yim
HSC
Originally posted by nessie_lee
I'm doing the daffodills one too, but what journey is it. i need it to somehow relate to imaginative journies... any ideas?
want to share notes lol..the teachers wouldn't know haha different school..damn my response on it is due this friday, the whole 3 texts..what did u say about how it relate to imaginative journey?
i wandered lonely as a cloud is wat i am talking about to those who might be doing it too

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
Re: alice in wonderland

Originally posted by chauie
hey can anyone help me out by telling me how alice in wonderland relates to imaginative journey?

just link it (briefly) for me and list any themes and/or techniques you can think of

im so blank...

the whole text is an imgainary journey and aloows the reader to question what is reality and what is imaginary as the composer was too high on drugs to give a shittio!!!
hahhaa

skittlebrau

)

Originally posted by chauie
Try the Victorian Web
http://www.victorianweb.org/authors/carroll/carrollov.html

Also, just go to Google and search for 'Lewis Carroll'... I'm doing a different one of his texts and I've found heaps about him - mainly about Alice in Wonderland. (Which is bad news for me, but good news for you!)

yobbodude

i saw that movie daredevil last night-i reckon dat would suit an imaginary journey-if it isnt someone let me know coz im gonna use it! :p

i havent read the whole thread but i cant remember seeing the song Imagine by John Lennon listed. very very simple one to use.

mugbe

hey all,

need help for pre-trials, we're supposed to find a web site (web site ONLY) that relates to the imaginative journey (or what we percieve it to be anyway) and review it in the exam.

Anyone come across something that jumps out at them, grabs them by the throat and screams IMAGINATIVE JOURNEY!!!!!!!

Last edited:

shellabella

The Beatles song - "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds" - extremely imaginative, although possibly drug induced! (brings forth the idea that humans imagintions can be possible heightened through the use of LSD - assisted journeys)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
link it to the fact that apparently coleridge wrote kubla khan under the influence of opium...:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)