Supplementary Texts - Physical (1 Viewer)

Anisja

HSC
does anyone have any notes on the song "A Hard rains a-gonna fall" by Bob Dylan?

Spanna2168

HSC
Does anybody know any supplementary text for one of Bruce Dawe's poem BIG JIM? A book would be good! HELP!!

montypython

HSC
Are you allowed to use a single episode of a TV show? I really want to use an episode of Doctor Who for my supplementary text.

I was going to link the episode (The End of the World) to Skryznecki's "Crossing the Red Sea", to show how people on physical journeys tend to look back to where they came from.

I'm also thinking of using "The Joy Luck Club", mainly focusing on the journeys of the mothers, and linking it to "Feliks Skryznecki" to show how the journeys affect children and parents differently.

jaxxa

HSC
N/A
I think you are.

I used an episode of Dr Who for one of my English assessments for into the world.

I would check with your teacher first though.

airforce1s

HSC
hey ur sick thnx for all the jouneys stuff..... do u no any cartoons by any chance.. thankS champ!

sammygrace123

HSC
My gosh thankyou so much for that list it has saved me heaps of trouble! I thought i was absolutely screwed for my trials. Hehe i really like that song "horse with no name" so I am going to use that XD.

hopefully analysing it won't ruin it for me.

elawrence90

HSC
Elise i think you should do Harry Potter and the philosphers stone. Excellent choice. I'm thinking of doing Saving francesca.

Goodluck in the trials

Lexii-

HSC
Yeah, this will probably sound dumb, but in Looking for Alibrandi, where is the physical journey? It all seems like more of an inner journey to me. Except for the part when Josie goes to Adelaide with Michael, but that's only a really short bit..

pw3nd

HSC
omgsh thankyouz so much :D helped me alot =]

kwinnall

HSC
Does anyone have any notes on how the film 'Almost Famous' (directed by Cameron Crowe, 2000) ties into AWAY by Michael Gow

philinebuendgen

HSC
I have to get a new related text and i was thinking 'Oh, The Places You'll Go' by Dr Seuss.
Is it a good phys journey?

Lopalis

HSC
im doing rabbit proof fence.
and my related text in the road not taken and the rabbits picture book.
i need imformation about these texts and how they relate to rabbit proof fence
cheers

juliAAAh

HSC
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY NOTES ON CAST AWAY (2000 FILM DIRECTED BY ROBERT ZEMEKIS)
IF YOU DO PLEASE SEND MY WAY, OR POST UP ON HERE.
>_<
PLEASE && THANKSYOUUUUU
<3 <3 <3

nisseltaria

HSC
I'm using the film "The Darjeeling Limited" as my main supplementary, and I'll decide which of my other prepared texts (one of my assessment tasks involved finding and analysing a variety of texts for a portfolio).

Sorry, got nothing on Castaway.

krissy7

HSC
Re: SUP.TEXT QUESTION!!!

Im in year 11 and am studying journeys. We just read Michael Gow's book away which is based on physical journeys and self discovery. I now have a major asseeement due and have to schoose 3 supplementary text which relate to that. Do you think THE WORLD'S FASTEST INDIAN is a good choice for one of them? If so how would I explain how it relates to journeys?

Any advice???? :eek:

timhart

HSC
Re: SUP.TEXT QUESTION!!!

I dont know. What do people think of the stories of the stolen generation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)