Swine Virus (1 Viewer)

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A
Heh, I've already been avoiding contact with hand rails, traffic light buttons, train door buttons (rofl I just stood there and waited for someone else to press the button :D) and the like. Seriously though, it'd help (in general) if people were more hygienic and actually did things like covering their fucking mouths when sneezing. I've seen idiots just squeeze their nose while leaving their mouth wide open. People who were overseas and didn't take their sick children to see a doctor before coming back, are also morons of the highest order.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
Heh, I've already been avoiding contact with hand rails, traffic light buttons, train door buttons (rofl I just stood there and waited for someone else to press the button :D) and the like. Seriously though, it'd help (in general) if people were more hygienic and actually did things like covering their fucking mouths when sneezing. I've seen idiots just squeeze their nose while leaving their mouth wide open. People who were overseas and didn't take their sick children to see a doctor before coming back, are also morons of the highest order.
You're meant to sneeze into your shirt (NEVER your hands).

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A
You're meant to sneeze into your shirt (NEVER your hands).
If they cover their mouths it would at the very least give me a fighting chance to avoid their high velocity germ droplets. In any case, they can just wipe their hands on their shirts after they cover their mouth. It might not be the cleanest approach, but it sure as hell beats spraying a jet of jerms on the faces of other people.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Very well. You sound like a silly paranoid right-winger, so it's really not worth responding to you, but oh well.

First off: I may not be a medical expert, however, my parents are.
Oh come on, let's not all gloat about our parents. My dad could be the Prime Minister. That doesn't mean I know anything more about how to govern silly people like you than anyone else out there.

And yea... love the hypocrisy when internet people say 'talking to you is a waste of time' and then go off to type some essay lecturing others. I never make childish comments like that because if I honestly thought it was a waste of time, I wouldn't even reply at all.

Anyway here's a news article from our very own The Australian telling us to wear facemasks:
Australians should wear face masks to protect against swine flu, says professor | The Australian

Anyway can find silly internet websites to support their argument. And all I did was type into Google 'should face masks be worn for swine flu?' And this was the first thing that popped up. How nice, our own least-biased newspaper comes up as the first hit to that search. As I always say, love embarrassing the egos of little kids on the internet.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
Oh come on, let's not all gloat about our parents. My dad could be the Prime Minister. That doesn't mean I know anything more about how to govern silly people like you than anyone else out there.
Actually, if your dad was Prime Minister and he told you we're about to go to war with North Korea, I think it would be reasonable to say he probably knows what he's talking about.

And yea... love the hypocrisy when internet people say 'talking to you is a waste of time' and then go off to type some essay lecturing others. I never make childish comments like that because if I honestly thought it was a waste of time, I wouldn't even reply at all.

Anyway here's a news article from our very own The Australian telling us to wear facemasks:
Australians should wear face masks to protect against swine flu, says professor | The Australian

Anyway can find silly internet websites to support their argument. And all I did was type into Google 'should face masks be worn for swine flu?' And this was the first thing that popped up. How nice, our own least-biased newspaper comes up as the first hit to that search. As I always say, love embarrassing the egos of little kids on the internet.
You don't trust the media, accuse me of bias in choosing my sources, and then you go on to cite 'The Australian' as evidence the Centre for Disease Control is incorrect?

What a moron.

If they cover their mouths it would at the very least give me a fighting chance to avoid their high velocity germ droplets. In any case, they can just wipe their hands on their shirts after they cover their mouth. It might not be the cleanest approach, but it sure as hell beats spraying a jet of jerms on the faces of other people.
No, the wiping their hands on their shirts afterwards would not do anything except contaminate both their hands AND their shirt. The reason you don't cough into your hands is because you use your hands to touch your mucous membranes (easiest attack vector for viruses) as well as other people and things other people use.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Yeah anyway as I've said a countless number of times, we're fucking doomed because people can't adhere to basic hygiene principles, such as WASHING YOUR HANDS UPON ENTERING A HEALTH FACILITY, AS PER THE FUCKING SIGN YOU JUST WALKED INTO.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Some points:

1) Death rate seems average for a flu. We can't tell yet how deadly it is because it's not flu season.
2) Infection rate is higher than average.
3) This flu contains lots of novel DNA and is ripe for mutating into something deadly come flu season (Which for us is quite soon), similar to the Spanish flu, which came in 4 waves, the first one very mild.
4) The elderly are resistant to this flu. This is really weird. Normally they are the most susceptible. Perhaps they have resistance from the flus early/mid last century?
Some points.

1. It is the flu season.

4. Anybody over the age of 65 has already been exposed to this strain of the flu, hence the resistance that we don't have.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
You can't catch flu by walking past somebody unless they cough in your face and even then you probably wouldn't catch it (but you might).
Are you retarded.

The flu has a high rate of infection and is predominantly spread by aerosol droplets, caused by spacktards coughing on shit/people/the air. Also the difference with this virus is that it can live for 48 hours on a variety of surfaces.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
True, but it would have been nice to delay it more so we'd have more time to immunize the population.

If this is like the Spanish Flu, which came in 4 waves, it will not be as devastating. Arguably, we are in the second wave now, and by the time the 4th wave comes, hopefully we will have immunized the most vulnerable of the population.
Okay dudes stop comparing this shit to the Spanish Flu.

For one, the reason this strain of virus had devastating effects in 1918 was because
a. We'd just come out of a war, our young fit men were malnourished and vulnerable to disease
b. Our methods for containment and treatment were shit.

The reason this flu killed so many in Mexico is
a. Mexico is shit
b. They don't have the over the counter flu medications like Tamiflu, like we do
c. Their ability to respond and cope with outbreaks like this is diminished, because it's fucking Mexico.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
re: the face masks

The only face masks that are of any use to any of you, are P2 masks.

Everything else is useless and shit and is doing absolutely nothing.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Actually, if your dad was Prime Minister and he told you we're about to go to war with North Korea, I think it would be reasonable to say he probably knows what he's talking about.

You don't trust the media, accuse me of bias in choosing my sources, and then you go on to cite 'The Australian' as evidence the Centre for Disease Control is incorrect?

What a moron.
1. My dad would. But I wouldn't. Just as your doctor parents know what they're tlaking about, but you don't necesarilly. Obviously you didn't get what I was trying to say. Clear case of message lost in translation as a thick brain tried to process it. Perhaps that's why you never made it to becomming a doctor?

2. My point about 'The Australian' article was that anyone can find some internet website to support their cause. I even said that. I also made the point that all I had to do was google it. In other words, the websites that you pluck out have very little authority because you probably did the same as me (ie just randomly googled some stuff). So I guess this is the same issue as before. You obviously don't understand what my point was and that reflects on how thick you are.

I'm not even going to bother looking at this thread anymore so you can cry all you want in your next reply. Perfect way to deal with little kids like you, with so much ego on the internet. Why? Because I get to have the last go at you and I'll never know what you have to say about me. But go on - don't resist the temptation and reply with your next flame. Any bets you'll probably misinterpret my post again and somehow think I'm going to reply. You really need to ask your parents why you didn't get the doctor-level genes that they had. Such thickness in that head...

Anyway, hope you don't pop a blood vessel in your head after reading this. But I do love making kids cry.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
tbh i am not worried about it, it is apparently no worse then then the normal flu , i just don't like getting sick , I just cover my mouth / nose if i cough or sneeze like everyone else should and carry instant hand sanitiser when i am in places like the train e.t.c, but i have done that for a while now cos i have a habit of touching my face and getting acne.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Okay dudes stop comparing this shit to the Spanish Flu.

For one, the reason this strain of virus had devastating effects in 1918 was because
a. We'd just come out of a war, our young fit men were malnourished and vulnerable to disease
b. Our methods for containment and treatment were shit.
Cytokine storm!

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
Some points.

1. It is the flu season.

4. Anybody over the age of 65 has already been exposed to this strain of the flu, hence the resistance that we don't have.
It's the start of flu season in Australia, not Europe and North America.

Um, and people over 65 most certainly have not been exposed to this strain of flu before. Something is certainly at work, and it's possible they have resistance from a similar flu earlier in their lives (most likely not Spanish since that's too far back - more like the WW2 ones) but your claim there is nonsense.

Are you retarded.

The flu has a high rate of infection and is predominantly spread by aerosol droplets, caused by spacktards coughing on shit/people/the air.
Are you? What I said is true: simply walking near somebody with the flu won't give you the flu unless a) you touch them, or b) you walk right into an area they just coughed in, or they cough on you.

Also the difference with this virus is that it can live for 48 hours on a variety of surfaces.
Actually, this virus's lifetime is identical to normal influenza, no?

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
1. My dad would. But I wouldn't. Just as your doctor parents know what they're tlaking about, but you don't necesarilly. Obviously you didn't get what I was trying to say. Clear case of message lost in translation as a thick brain tried to process it. Perhaps that's why you never made it to becomming a doctor?

2. My point about 'The Australian' article was that anyone can find some internet website to support their cause. I even said that. I also made the point that all I had to do was google it. In other words, the websites that you pluck out have very little authority because you probably did the same as me (ie just randomly googled some stuff). So I guess this is the same issue as before. You obviously don't understand what my point was and that reflects on how thick you are.

I'm not even going to bother looking at this thread anymore so you can cry all you want in your next reply. Perfect way to deal with little kids like you, with so much ego on the internet. Why? Because I get to have the last go at you and I'll never know what you have to say about me. But go on - don't resist the temptation and reply with your next flame. Any bets you'll probably misinterpret my post again and somehow think I'm going to reply. You really need to ask your parents why you didn't get the doctor-level genes that they had. Such thickness in that head...

Anyway, hope you don't pop a blood vessel in your head after reading this. But I do love making kids cry.
So in other words you're a git who doesn't believe the CDC and accompanying research organisations and thinks they know less than the all authoritative Australian?

Woteva636

HSC
lol, the open high school, a nsw distance ed centre, has cancelled all of its upcoming student days, ie kids cant meet their teachers to discuss stuff face to face anymore, what a waste of time, the virus isnt that easy to pass on, especially if simple precautions are taken.

theres over 500 cases in australia, and over 400 of them are in victoria. why?

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
lol, the open high school, a nsw distance ed centre, has cancelled all of its upcoming student days, ie kids cant meet their teachers to discuss stuff face to face anymore, what a waste of time, the virus isnt that easy to pass on, especially if simple precautions are taken.

theres over 500 cases in australia, and over 400 of them are in victoria. why?
The viruses seems more virulent (read: transmissable, not deadly) than average flu, but even assuming it's virulence is average for a flu, that still actually makes it rather easy to pass on.

Victoria just got hit harder because a large cluster of cases were offloaded there at once, instead of one or two. It was that 2000 person cruise liner wasn't it? It's also colder there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)