• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Syd Uni summer school (1 Viewer)

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
I didn't watch Oceans 11, we went to the comp room in the college. I remember being swindled for Skittles.
Yes this teacher was a lady teacher. She had a British accent. I don't remember the lectures very well though (I still have the big thick book however XD).
I might've been one of those pyramid makers, though I doubt it (was when I still liked coke). Those cool magnetic keys that we got to use to get into the computer room at the college.

I'm getting all nostalgic now.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
yes you are.....from the lectures i just remember the seats were hard, and moved if anyone else shuffled in their seat...

Last edited:

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
From the lectures I remember the sleep. He had such a soothing voice. Almost everyone slept. Everywhere I looked there were people sleeping.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
yeah...i liked it when the screensaver came on, on the big screen and everyone would just shift their focus..and then he'd turn it off:(

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by poloktim
I remember I had an English teacher in my group. I found out by saying that English was the biggest waste of time in the world. I also remember playing Quake all night. My friend called herself Britney and one of the tutors called her Britney for the rest of the week.

Also I remember Monsters Inc.
did u go to the one at the start of this year?

Edit: jus read ur first post:D, so u did one of the presentations did u

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
did u go to the one at the start of this year?

Edit: jus read ur first post:D, so u did one of the presentations did u
Yes I went to the one at the start of this year, and yes I was a presentation giver.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
I had: Mary, Michael, Mei Po and Jackson. I was in the programming part so I had Mary, Michael and Mei Po. (At least I think his name was Michael).

We, like everyone else, built a Diabetes Australia website :D

Rahul

Dead Member
lol...i dont think that was my group...:p

i did *programming*, spent some time preparing the speech for our group and spent a lot of time reverse engineering online games; slimevolleyball, etc.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Ah that was a good week.
Too bad I wasn't offered to go back next year. Oh well.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Exactly. I can be just as much, even more of a computer nerd than they can. Hey, I bet I am. XD.

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
You wont find out whether you get invited back for a while yet will you? (it was about the time applications were being accepted last year - maybe a bit before)
Unless you won a programming prize - i'd say that those people will get to go back.

Is it application time now? Wow... This year has gone (is going) so fast...

Aaaahhh... we claimed the one couch for the movie night, while you guys all sat on the floor/hard plastic chairs...

It was just as good the second time around too (if not better) - so go back if you get the chance...

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Screw the floor, I sat on the counter.

Hmm, well I just assumed the people who won awards got to go back while the rest of us missed out.

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
There were more awards this year - so i dont know... I only remember there being 3 last year. (And the prizes were way better too last year...)

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Fosweb
There were more awards this year - so i dont know... I only remember there being 3 last year. (And the prizes were way better too last year...)
well u can tell who would get asked to come back. there was one certainty in my group, no not me :rolleyes:...

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
There was someone who won a prize in every group. It was funny as I was right. I assumed a lot of potential duces would be there. There was one from my school (not me), and in my group I counted like a majority of people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)