• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sydney Swans 2005 AFL Premiers! (1 Viewer)

HSC
Well then, the swans beat the eagles......How about that ay....
(that was an awsome game to watch!!!)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Smokey_22 said:
I'd put my house on sydney losing the first week of the finals.

Also it doesnt matter what game plan they play against the eagles this weekend. They'll either get comprehensively beaten or thrashed. West coast have faster midfielders, taller forwards, better centremen and a better ruckman. I just hope it wont be a negative flood game - like so many swans games are against quality.

I'll be watching the game purely to see Cousins shit all over kirky - football wise of course.
Well none of yo predictionz came true, so now itz time to eat a big humble pie.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
haha yeah. Kirk played well, but it was the size of the ground that plays the most part - the lack of space has gone against the eagles who like to spread it around and run.
Sydney should be confident coming into the finals - a home final will be very valuable. But on a bigger ground you'll find they'll come undone.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
omg omg omg omg omg the swans won thats like the best tings ive heard all day im so excited:p

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Then again, it's Sunday afternoon. It's Sydney. It's the team way out in front of the competition coming to play us...

Anyone else thinking about St Kilda in Round 11 last season? :D :D :D
*Nods head*

Good to see that the boys still have their giant-killing abilities.

Adelaide Crows, here we bloody well come!!!

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
^^ :D

I cant believe they beat west coast, oh well im really happy...although i missed most of hte game coz i was out :( i missed a good one...

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
Woo hoo Sydney beat West Coast. Unbelievable. :)

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
Last night was a classic example why the Swannies won't be premiership contenders. They have convert opportunities.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Sydney certainly aren't pretenderz, but true they have to be mo accurate.
Fuck O'Keefe had a shocker of a game...

cabanaboy21

HSC
swans hav a good chance if they can get over the crows an the eagles... ive given up on the bombers this season so it will be swans 2005 an bombers 2006

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
pat the cat said:
swans hav a good chance if they can get over the crows an the eagles... ive given up on the bombers this season so it will be swans 2005 an bombers 2006
Ummm, hello pat the cat.

Turns out we've already played (and beaten) the Eagles, and we've also already played (and lost to) Adelaide. Both matches happened in the last fortnight, but I'm sure you already know this.

Perhaps you are talking about the Finals... one would imagine that if a team can beat BOTH Adelaide and West Coast, then they have probably won the Grand Final.

Your Bombers are going DOWN tonight. I hope. Swannies haven't won against Essendon in Melbourne since 1989.... that changes tonight!

cabanaboy21

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Ummm, hello pat the cat.

Turns out we've already played (and beaten) the Eagles, and we've also already played (and lost to) Adelaide. Both matches happened in the last fortnight, but I'm sure you already know this.

Perhaps you are talking about the Finals... one would imagine that if a team can beat BOTH Adelaide and West Coast, then they have probably won the Grand Final.

Your Bombers are going DOWN tonight. I hope. Swannies haven't won against Essendon in Melbourne since 1989.... that changes tonight!
yes i was talkin bout finals an yes if they win agains the crows an eagles they probs will hav won the finals... an i dont doubt that swans will win tonight... but i juz hope the bombers put up a decent fight...

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
pat the cat said:
an i dont doubt that swans will win tonight... but i juz hope the bombers put up a decent fight...
Hmmm.

The score at the moment:

Sydney Swans 16.7.103 vs 15.6.96 Essendon... Q4 15 mins

The lead has changed 12 times during the match.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
A good win by sydney...

nevertheless they havent got finals experience or a positive enough game to win the premiership. Essendon arent a good model for form - they are struggling.
Even if they played west coast or adeleide in the finals - they'll be shown why its a step up in class.

They need top four for any chance.

cabanaboy21

HSC
i was expecting essendon to put up a fight but im pretty impressed that they kept the swans to 20 points an held them out till the last quater... anyway my afl team one so it looks like we will b minor premiers n then go for the flag...

mcbec

HSC
Smokey_22 said:
A good win by sydney...

nevertheless they havent got finals experience or a positive enough game to win the premiership. Essendon arent a good model for form - they are struggling.
Even if they played west coast or adeleide in the finals - they'll be shown why its a step up in class.

They need top four for any chance.
as Sydney showed when they gave West coast a good beating, they can win anything when they want to. and i think this season is their season. Just because they havnt been to that many grand-finals before or arent from Melbourne, doesnt mean they havnt got a darn good shot at top spot. Besides, good teams often have shocking days or even seasons (Port won last year and look at them now!). Experience in finals and whether teams sometimes have "positive" or "negative" games has nothing to do with it. Its all about skill, how u play on the day and the team's determination, along with a smidget of luck. Sydneys got a good shot and i reckon they can go all the way no problem if they want to.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
yay omg we so kicked the lions butt yesterday 124-40...go the SWANNIES...hehe yay we're gonna win the premiership now :):):)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)