• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sydney Swans 2005 AFL Premiers! (1 Viewer)

Robbo_m8

Swans can beat any side, with West Coast at Subiaco, and St Kilda in Melbourne the only two games i would not expect us to win. If we can get a good draw in the finals, hopefully we play west coast first up, and st kilda play adelaide and loose - then we'll be in with a good shot.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
sydney are a hot favourite to win this season so i hope we do coz they havent won since like 1996...*finger crossed* we win

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
tasha1188 said:
sydney are a hot favourite to win this season so i hope we do coz they havent won since like 1996...*finger crossed* we win
Hehe not quite, miss.

St Kilda are the hot favourites to win. And not even that hot, considering West Coast are right on their tails as far as the bookmakers are concerned.

Sydney rank fourth in premiership favouritism, and I still see nothing which changes my perception of this.

St Kilda have won 7 in a row and don't look like slowing down. West Coast will have two matches at Subiaco, so they are already guaranteed a spot in the Grand Final. And Adelaide just keep on beating whoever comes up against them ... they have 8 wins in a row and 11 wins in their last 12 matches.

Sydney, by comparison, haven't won 4 in a row all season. In fact, their recent run has read W W W L W W W L W W W L W W ....

Looking at that, I'd be tipping a victory against the Kangaroos this weekend before a Round 22 loss to the Hawks ;)

September is nearly upon us! CARN THE SWANNIES!

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
tasha1188 said:
The swans havent won a premiership since 1933.
In 1996 they were walloped by the roos.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Smokey_22 said:
The swans havent won a premiership since 1933.
In 1996 they were walloped by the roos.
And we were the mighty South Melbourne Bloods back then :D

In '96, the Kangas were obviously the better team. At least we had a 38 - 20 lead at quarter time. It was close at halftime, with the Roos up by 2 points, but unfortunately we got gunned down from there on.

However, THIS weekend the Swans are going to thrash Nth Melbourne. No Shinboner spirit shall be in evidence at the SCG whatsoever :)

jmac101

swans arent that brilliant away from home. it has to be said
anyone who wants to jump on the bandwagon, get on us sainters. we struggled early in the year cos of stacks of injuries, but now with gehrig, riewoldt, hamill, kosi and ackland starting to run into great form, its gonna be tough for anyone to stop us.
im psyching up to avenge 97, im ready for the saints to bring it back, ive copped my crap now im ready to soak in the glory!!!!!!!!
GO YOU SAINTERS!!!!!!!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
We're decent at Telstra Dome. Won 5 of our last 6 there or so.

Everyone said St Kilda would win in 2004.

They choked.

Wonder if it'll happen again.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Every team in the top 4 iz lookin very good, anyone of them can win the flag.

The only possible chokerz thiz yr can be West Coast, since they're overwhelmin favouritez.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Fremantle 12. 8. (80) def. St Kilda 11. 9. (75)
Geelong 16. 13. (109) def. West Coast Eagles 5. 3. (33)

both St Kilda and West Coast lost :D:D
If swans win today they'll be third...
(ladder atm)
West Coast Eagles 68
Adelaide 64
St Kilda 52
Sydney Swans 52

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
West Coast got smashed into piecez. Lookz like they'll choke come finalz time.

We'll play Adelaide in the first week of the finalz, should be a good one.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Was at the game today, swans smacked the roos in the 1st quarter and never looked like being beaten. If they carry momentum, the swans will be tough to beat in the finals

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
Its funny how crowd attendance has increased over the last couple of weeks, cos the Swannies are playing well. Everyone's jumping on the bandwagon like every other year.

They played well for the 1st half again yesterday.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
im so pissed off, damn that was really close...

vwola

HSC
farout....so bloody close!!!!
the swans missed so many opportunities, although they played well for the amount of chances they missed
stupid wests...
oh well... at least the swans have got another chance to prove that theyre premiership contenders...and they better use that opportunity.
other than that, i reckon they have a real chance of winning the premiership (wishful thinking i know)

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
Tough loss last night. A few calls didn't go there way, actually mnore than a few.

Missed some chances too.

What time and day do they play next week?

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 9
Loser Qualifying Final 1 vs Winner Elimination Final 1 at Venue and time not yet confirmed 7:30 PM AEST
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 10
Loser Qualifying Final 2 vs Winner Elimination Final 2 at Venue and time not yet confirmed 7:30 PM AEST
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 16
Winner Qualifying Final 1 vs Winner Semi Final 2 at Venue and time not yet confirmed 8:00 PM AEST
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 17
Winner Qualifying Final 2 vs Winner Semi Final 1 at Venue and time not yet confirmed 7:30 PM AEST
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 24
Winner Preliminary Final 1 vs Winner Preliminary Final 2 at M.C.G.

wait and see...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)