• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sydney Swans 2005 AFL Premiers! (4 Viewers)

HSC
Ahhh, its times like this I am proud of my user name!

score :7.14 (56) to 7.11 (53)

Last edited:
HSC
Sydney at times can play some god-awful football - short passes, simply using the wings, defensive football but that game sure was exciting.

I hope they win the flag this year, but they'll have to score at least over 70 points to do so! :rolleyes:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I was at the SCG, the crowd went ballistic after the buzzer beating goal
Everyone just hugged everyone around them

But my god the swans played shithouse for the first 3 quarters...Barry Hall barely touched the ball

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
at the start it looked like they were goin to lose :\

but i saw just at the end when nick davis kicked an AMAZING goal....with like seconds to go!

cheer cheer teh red and teh white!

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Sydney played their customarily shithouse tactics and Geelong deserved to win. Mat Scarlett won almost every contest on hall.

But well done Nick Davis, what a great last quarter!

I feel a bit sorry now, the swans are gonna be hyped by the Sydney media to all buggery, so its gonna be real a downer to the fans when they are shown a complete footballing lesson by the saints.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Minai said:
I was at the SCG, the crowd went ballistic after the buzzer beating goal
Everyone just hugged everyone around them

But my god the swans played shithouse for the first 3 quarters...Barry Hall barely touched the ball
i feel almost depressed I didn't go :(
Those moments on TV how strangers were hugging each other, cheering, all their problems forgotten.
It'd be something I remember for my whole life.

Btw, is there any chance (if the swans win the next game) for there to be a home final at the SCG? Or is the venue set?

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
that was amazing...i thought the swans had no hope coz geelong kept pushing the ball to the boundary line...and that kick omg...

but playing the saints in melbourne next week...i dont know...i hope they win but odds are against them...
its going to probably end up being saints vs eagles final :(

krabby_me

Footy Fan (go cats)
HSC
Geelong should have won that game. The timers were waiting for Sydney to kick a goal. It a bit of a coincidence that the siren went just after the bounce.
Even though we lost we are still better than Sydney. We were a much better team that day, and Sydney won on pure luck. I hope that get thrashed next week by the saints.
Geelong is clearly better.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
sydney are the champions of the nations
they'll keep on fighting till the end
they are the champions
they are the champions
there are no time for losers
coz sydney are the champions
of austalia

hehe i had that song in my head :p
yeh so sydney are soooooo gonna win coz like we sooooooooo rule :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
krabby_me said:
Geelong should have won that game. The timers were waiting for Sydney to kick a goal. It a bit of a coincidence that the siren went just after the bounce.
Even though we lost we are still better than Sydney. We were a much better team that day, and Sydney won on pure luck. I hope that get thrashed next week by the saints.
Geelong is clearly better.
HAHHAHAHAHA! How bias. No, there was still time on the clock when Sydney kicked the goal. The time expired pretty much just before the bounce.
No, we didn't deserve to win that game as we played shit.
But you're better than Sydney?
Sydney Swans 16. 9. (105) def. Geelong 7. 9. (51) at S.C.G. 7:10 PM AEST

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
That post wasn't THAT biased.

Geelong deserved to beat us last night, and we had no right to win... well Nick Davis and Magic had a right, because they both played well.

When we beat them about 6 weeks ago, they had 8 players out, and the flu had gone through the club in the week leading up to the match, so they had sick players on the field. Anything less than a 50 point win would have been disappointing.

Player for player, I will agree that Geelong are better than us.

But the Swannies have always been a TEAM ... not a collection of stars.

St Kilda are the exact opposite. A star-studded line-up. If we play the same way as we did last night, expect nothing better than a 60 point hiding.

Hopefully the momentum can carry us through the match, and we play far better than what we did last night. *Hopes*

As far last night, Bay 22, Row XX, Seat 213 is MINE! I wonder if you can pre-order a specific seat ... cuz I want it in the future. Right behind the goals where Davis went crazy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)