Sydney Swans 2005 AFL Premiers! (1 Viewer)

otay

HSC
stazi said:
agreed. it was boring and pretty terrible up until the final quater (but that's only because of the scoreline)
Are you fucking kidding me? I don't even watch it much but I was glued. Sure there weren't many goals, but there was some brilliant play, action the whole time, it was a truly great match. I have never seen such commitment in the rucks before. Leo Barry is a fucking legend.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Not the best of gamez in termz of quality, but definitely one of the most intensifyin GF contestz ever. Great day fo the AFL, and a great day fo the Sydney supporterz.

Lewis Roberts-Thompson played awesome today, he waz instrumental in defence. But nothin can beat Barryz final mark befo the siren.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Not the best of gamez in termz of quality, but definitely one of the most intensifyin GF contestz ever. Great day fo the AFL, and a great day fo the Sydney supporterz.

Lewis Roberts-Thompson played awesome today, he waz instrumental in defence. But nothin can beat Barryz final mark befo the siren.
can you please, please, please stop putting 'z''s at the end of every word. it's fucking annoying, its stupid its lame, its gay and its many other things

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Great job swans!
I was at homebush in front of the big screen, atmosphere was pretty intense

Swans looked dead at 10 points down, I was thinking that the last 3 weeks have caught up to them, but what about Leo Barry?? mark of his career!

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Smokey_22 said:
For the GF:

Expect to see
- scrappy, interrupted play with plenty of stoppages
- 10 swans around the ruck at any one time.
- 6-8 swans in defensive 50 at any one time.
-The Eagles to play man-on-man
-6-8 goals at half time. Then the game to open up.

For the swans to win they must at most opportunities get it down quick to hall and o'loughlan, by kicking it long and not pussyfooting around. They also must tag tightly on judd, kerr, embley and cousins, while also winning the ball themselves. They must zone-up at kick-ins and, yep, flooding when the eagles gain momentum in the second half.

Eagles by 21.
Cousins for Norm Smith medal.
he was pretty much right...except for the last bit :p

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
I joined the sydney bandwagon last night and wore a mates swans gernsey into town. I had to admit, i felt hollow, but i got a few cheers. Nevertheless good on them for pushing daylight between afl and the other codes. It has to be a fairytale story for them. Andrew demitriou would be dancing.
The game was pretty much as expected. If it was a normal H/A fixture i would have turned it off at half time in favour of something more spectacular - like marbles. The fact that it was a grand final and 92000 people were there gave the game its spectacle. Sydney turned the game into an environment that suited them - many players back and many players following the ball (reminds me of under-10s soccer). They stopped the more-skilled eagles from running and choked the game into their typical mud-slinging match. John Newman said on TripleM "the swans may have won the match, but they are killing the game". A lone banner in the outer at the mcg read 'go back to New Orleans!'. But none of that matters one iota, because the premiership cup has sydneys name on it.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
If Cousins could have half the spark of Judd, West Coast would've won. Judd waz amazin.

persephone

HSC
Beckiki_S said:
Haha.
No chance.
Like, they're not shit.
But no chance of winning the premiership.
If they do, I'll eat my hat. Or something of equal or lesser value.
Out of curiosity, how did that hat taste?

mcbec

HSC
Smokey_22 said:
John Newman said on TripleM "the swans may have won the match, but they are killing the game". A lone banner in the outer at the mcg read 'go back to New Orleans!'. But none of that matters one iota, because the premiership cup has sydneys name on it.
whoever is saying that crap (like John Newman etc), i dont care how experienced they are, is a complete idiot. AFL, like any sport, can be played in so many different ways by different teams. Obviously Sydney played the game their own way, and it worked for them, so those sore losers should stop complaining about bloody "quality" and "ruining the game"! Sydney won it fair and square, all in good effort and because they all put their heart and soul into it. Just because the game may not be played the way it used to be or supposedly the way it "should" be played, doesnt mean its being ruined!! Teams can choose to play however they want, abiding by the rules. So every sore loser sayin crap should shove their words up their arse and get over it!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I agree with that to an extent.
The dynamics of the game changes over time, and if clubs don't adjust to compete against different tactics, they'll just lose, and lose badly (ie Brisbane Lions a couple of months ago)

hopey989

HSC
weetbix said:
Thats one thing i`d like to see, Sydney winning a Melbourne based game.

whats that i hear? CHEER CHEER THE RED AND THE WHITE.....2005 Premiers!

Somebody has egg on their face!!

HAHAHAHA

Go tha mighty swannies

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Smokey_22 said:
I joined the sydney bandwagon.
Oh man. This remains quoted FOREVER.

Who's going to the Ticker-Tape Parade on Friday in the city? It looks like I may well be heading out to scream my support for this amazing team.

Props to these guys:

Jude Bolton - Played the last 8 weeks with a dislocated AC joint in his shoulder.
Leo Barry - Played the last 3 games with a fractured cheekbone smashed in 3 different places.
Adam Schneider - played the last month with a fractured cheekbone.
Darren Jolly - Broke his hand 6 weeks ago.
Craig Bolton - played the whole second half on Saturday with a broken nose.
Jared Crouch tore ligaments in his ankle in the first 5 minutes of the GF but kept playing.

And to Daniel Kerr as well, who played the whole second half with a broken leg.

C'ARN THE SWANNIES.

Benno

HSC
well done swans, 72 years is along wait, but so is 40 for my saints!!! god i hope we win next year after getting to the prelim twice in 2 years only to lose to the two teams that go on to win the premership, god it hurts, ah well it was a good grand final despite the flooding, the close score line was even making my heart jump and o'loughlin's kicking omg i wanted to kill him, hats off to judd though he played well, but then so did syd

carn the saints 2006!!!

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
so, who went to the parade?
my mum and brother went.
they got some photos and my brother got a bunch of signatures on his swans flag :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)