Sydney train stabbing (1 Viewer)

gosh

Sydney train stabbing: student to undergo surgery
August 24, 2005 - 6:44PM

A Sydney high school student has been stabbed twice in the back while travelling on a suburban train.

The 15-year-old boy was attacked as the train pulled into Strathfield station, in Sydney's inner west, at about 3pm (AEST) today, police said.

The teenager managed to make his way to the stationmaster's office where he was given first aid until ambulance and police arrived.

The youth, from west suburban Fairfield, was taken to The Children's Hospital at Westmead where his condition was described as stable.

He will undergo surgery overnight, police said.

A crime scene was established on the train at North Sydney station, where it had travelled after leaving Strathfield.

A number of witnesses to the stabbing were being interviewed by police.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...undergo-surgery/2005/08/24/1124562914611.html

shows how dangerous travelling on the train in Sydney can be these days

transcendent

HSC
N/A
that's in broad daylight with lots of witnesses. who the fuck does these kind of things?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
That's even scarier considering I pass Stratty every day.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
Shit, in the back too.

mishka

HSC
N/A
omg I catch the train to Strathfield every Monday :eek:

I wonder if there was a motive, or if this was a brazen attack??

julius

Banned
HSC
Shit, I sometimes go to Hornsby via Strathfield. I think somehow we must grow eyes at the back of our heads.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Thanks for stating the obvious, lengster, now please tell me why it is that we should all act as though we have eyes in the back of our head?

Quite frankly, enough is enough. Despite the supposed levels of violence and the terrorist 'threat', the transport system isn't that bad in terms of personal safety, and making statements to the contrary achieves nothing.

Edit: Yes, it could be better, but that isn't to say that the current situation is that bad.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Sorry, I should have realised (I felt like making such a comment myself). However, the comment still stands (just ignore the reference to transcendent :p).

julius

Banned
HSC
Greater awareness of what's going on around you. Hell, place the eyes correctly and you could have 360 degree vision.

HSC
poor kid, 15 damn, i wonder what the person who did it was like hmm, i hope, for everyones sake that it wasnt a random attack otherwise we could get more like this

also, was the offender caught?

EDIT: it happened near my friends work and he said it was gang-related....he thinks it was asian gangs, but he isnt sure.

Last edited:

^___^
HSC
1Time4ThePpl might know a bit

afterall, his friend's stepfather is the boss of some asian gang
maybe that kid looked at some asian gangster in the eye :rolleyes:

HSC
there would have to be a motive... unless the attacker was off his face on something. like if you catch the train at all different times of the day you see some wierd stuff, obviously not that bad, but from the shouting etc. you can always tell its for something.

HSC
i go to normanhurst boys high... we got a real small station pretty well for the two schools in the area. A gang from penrith way can up and put two of yr 12's in hospital and fors 3 others onto the tracks to protect themselves...

a couple of weeks later we found out that the guys from my school had be messing round with them in the first place... so yeah... seems fucked up at the time but it kinda makes sence when put into context (not that i am condoning it in any way)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)