Sydney... (1 Viewer)

doe

HSC
N/A
yeah check out leichardt poindexter, its got some awesome stuff.

miss_b you should go check out the fish markets in pyrmont. theres heaps of stuff to do in sydney, melbourne is borink :p

you should catch a train to circular quay, go for a walk through the botanical gardens and past the opera house, then catch the ferry to the zoo or luna park. the harbour is awesome.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
EnterNameHere said:
Our public transport reliable?? Pfffft. Funniest thing I have heard all day :uhhuh:

Miss_b, it really depends on how much money you have to spend and how far from the city your willing to travel (assuming your going to Wynyard). Sydney is great in a sense that there is always something to do, and you dont need to spend alot of money to have a good time.

But the shopping is always good..... :D

+Po1ntDeXt3r+ There is a great indian place in mosman... cant remember the name :p I have only heard good things though :uhhuh:
it is reliable... to a certain extent... least majority of the time you get from a to b, with the occational detour via c.

i gotta admit sydney does have pretty decent food... gotta love the jap...
which india are you on about? the one near spit junction?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
miss_b said:
Ok, i have not got too much money to spend so i need cheap things...

But also, i have noticed that a lot of the stuff that i can do at syd, i can do at melb...

I like markets :D I think i went to two last time i was there...

Specific food recomendations?
we kinda markets do we have? we have paddys and glebe... but thats it i think... and the one out west cept i doubt you could get there via public transport.

is kk really why your coming to sydney? cuz you could get it shipped express... 1 day delivery (give or take a day)

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
Orange Juice said:
is kk really why your coming to sydney? cuz you could get it shipped express... 1 day delivery (give or take a day)
Not really...

I want to go somewhere in summer but have a low budget...

Can't affork hong kong so sydney it is!!

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
if ur coming here in summer go to the beach (I personally prefer Manly to Bondi, but thats personal choice)
Shopping - chinatown, pitt street, oxford Street or any westfield
Culture - Australian Museum, Museum of Contemporary art, Opera House Tour, climb the harbour bridge, Art Gallery, explore the Rocks
Clubbing - Kings Cross (but be careful....)
Pubs - The Rocks
and if you can manage it - The three sisters in Katoomba

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Sydney... Hmm... *lived here for 19 years should know it by now :p *

Id recommend:

- Centerpoint tower- and Sky tour.. (sky tour is interactive ride, which also includes the Centerpoint tower observation deck)
- Powerhouse Museum
- Sydney Harbour -Ferry Ride around the local areas
- Manly Beach
- Down south, - Cronulla Beach
- Bronte to Bondi Beach walk, (or by bus or car)
- Coogee Beach
- Pubs, Definatley the Rocks
- CBD for Shopping, Bondi Junction Westfield (if you wanna go and spend a hell of a lot)
- China Town
- the Blue Mountains, Including Katoomba, Oberon (if you have time- also include Jenolan Caves, 1 hr from Oberon) , Leura , and Wentworth Falls
- Toronga Zoo- mind you, i don't know .... Aussie tourists.. meh.. nah
- Clubbing: South of city, - Darling Harbour Cockle bay (prime touristy spot, like Cargo Bar and Pontoon and Home.... etc.) Kings Cross, Coogee Palace, and Coogee bay (tee hee i just had to put those in there)
- Imax ( although you have one in the Melbourne Museum.. lol)
- Royal Botanic Gardens (visit the Sydney Conservatorium of Music along the way too ^^ )
- Centennial Park
- Sydney Olympic Park - all sights down there you can see in a package tour ... etc..
- SCG, and Aussie Stadium (moore Park)
- The Entertainment Quarter of Moore Park Precinct ( although everyone knows it as Fox Studios) - Don't ask me why people go there.... I've been there so many times (Seeing as i live practically next door) and its pretty boring.. waste of money... apart from the Ice Skating.. but the movies there are extremley pricey.. 14.50 for a concession.
- Sydney Explorer bus trip (through Sydney)
- Circular Quay ( to see the Opera House, Harbour Bridge etc)
- Luna Park Sydney ( I know you have one down at St Kilda, but come see the sydney one.. Its open EVERY day, - unlike Melbourne Luna park which is open on weekends and hols :p )
- Art Gallery of NSW
- Museum of Contemporary Arts (while down at the Rocks)
- The Sydney Observatory - well observatory Hill
- and yes, there is Paintball in Richmond.. but that is really far from teh city, and rather costly.. its really not worth it , to go and get battered and come home really really sore and spend the rest of your holidays complaining about massive brusises and sore spots on your back ^^

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
ill summarise what bunny said cuz its too long...

double bay for ice cream
bondi for fried mars bars (well hopefully theyll have some when you come)
check out some bars... clubs and pubs...
check out jap food...
ride our trains... great experience!
star city... good way of earning some extra cash

kirabolton

HSC
It seems so funny asking what there is to do in sydney, coz i live here it feels so boring. But if you want to see beaches don't go to bondi, the best beaches are on the northern beaches, especially up the peninsular way e.g Mona Vale, Palm Beach because there are beaches everywhere and they are much nicer than bondi. Manly is really good and interesting too. Food wise i suggest newtown also because newtown is just a good place to go for interests sake. The museum side of the city is nice, the art gallery and st. mary's cathedral. Also, to the ferry trip from Manly to Circular key it's the most beautiful trip. Manly's also a good place to go out in on saturdays coz there are some bars such as the wharf bar etc. blah blah

bex

HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
Actualli
Im looking for good indian food in sydney! :S ... i dunno where to go.. been recommended a place in parra .. but i want to know any others cos i got 1 week left here!!?!

thanks!
hmm you have probably left by now but try Jaipur Bizarre on Victoria Rd at Gladesville. The food is AWESOME. best indian ive ever had.. On saturday night they also have a belly dancer and the place itself has a really great atmosphere

olchik

HSC
miss_b said:
I am coming to sydney at the end of this year; what is there to do here?

Any suggestions?
I want to go to Sydney too! But I need to save some money for this trip:)

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
anyone know of any hotels that are right on or close to darling harbour that aint like $500 a nite? thanks

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Hotel Ibis, Darling Harbour, $175 per room for a standard room. Cheapest, & good value for money.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
Hotel Ibis, is it good? i mean the rooms and the view too..thats wat im interested in really..the view..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)