Taking Notes in Uni (1 Viewer)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Easy as pie.Print off lecture slides so there are 2 to a page.Bring lecture slides, pen and highlighter to lecture.Write extra info on lecture slides with pen and highlight important shit with highlighter.???Profit.
jesus christ how much paper do you waste

I print 12 to a page double sided.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
jesus christ how much paper do you waste

I print 12 to a page double sided.
yeah another reason why i want to trial using an ipad. I've got so much paper from first year.

ct92

HSC
I use an iPad with GoodReader for PDF annotation, or Ghostwriter Notes if I want to write or draw. I started out printing the slides and writing on them for the first week or two of my first semester, but I find that if I have any piece of paper I will definitely lose it, so having everything in Dropbox works a lot better for me.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
im just going to use my macbook pro.
Depends on your units. For mathematics units then a pen and paper is recommended. Anything that is heavily theory related then have a window open containing your lecture notes and then a blank document for writing extra notes.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
You'll feel right as home at uni then. I still can't believe that ratio of OSX machines to Windows machines at uni is so damn high.
Because most of the laptops are really slim and light especially when you have loads of textbooks to carry along with you because they don't have an e-book version. Why carry a HP when you can carry a Macbook?

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
Because most of the laptops are really slim and light especially when you have loads of textbooks to carry along with you because they don't have an e-book version. Why carry a HP when you can carry a Macbook?
I have a solid all-rounder HP laptop and it weighs less than a comparable 15" MBP. You can't deny that the power in a Macbook is overpriced compared to all the other alternatives available on the market. Weight has got fuck all to do with why Macs would be preferred. What bugs me though is all those hipsters which complain about their cash yet they choose to buy an over-priced laptop.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I have a solid all-rounder HP laptop and it weighs less than a comparable 15" MBP. You can't deny that the power in a Macbook is overpriced compared to all the other alternatives available on the market. Weight has got fuck all to do with why Macs would be preferred. What bugs me though is all those hipsters which complain about their cash yet they choose to buy an over-priced laptop.
True true. But I bought a secondhand Macbook for University so I saved a bit of money and it works fine... but I prefer my HP for gaming etc.

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
It's just so darn hard to find consistency in the laptop market. Apple are overpriced. Dell and HP have suspect build quality. Toshiba's are built like tanks but aren't very nice to use. Annoying.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
It's just so darn hard to find consistency in the laptop market. Apple are overpriced. Dell and HP have suspect build quality. Toshiba's are built like tanks but aren't very nice to use. Annoying.
We can never have the best of both worlds.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I'm using a Toshiba now. It's great!

I thought I wouldn't get used to the keypad on the right side but... it's pretty handy actually. I just realised it has page up and down buttons so I can scroll more easily through forums... and stuff. YAY!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)