Taking the turbo out of a Skyline GTST? (1 Viewer)

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
7th Sign said:
Why do I even bother with these types of threads,

obviously you didn't notice the sarcasm in my above post...when I was referring to autos and NA skylines, because a high percentage of NA skylines are auto...meaning their crap.

DC2R (p plater legal) vs. NA R33 AUTO skyline (because a high percentage of na's are auto) who would win?

thats just one off the top of my head, their are so many cars better then NA skylines that are p plater legal basically any v6 sports car thats light.
I'm fucking speechless. How the fuck does the type of transmission mean that the car sucks in general. Could the large number of automatic transmissions be due to the fact that a certain demographic was the sales target of the manufacturer, ie people that live in the fucking city. And lets not forget the fact that people who ARE interested in performance would get a manual, not a fucking auto, completely destroying that argument.

And no shit a high powered V6 is going to kill a 2 cylinder 4 litre engine. The fact remains that skylines are cheap as chips, making them a perfect first car for a performance enthusiast, myriad of bolt on's and aftermarket parts aside.

7th Sign

HSC
Riet said:
Yeh, he only noticably pulled away when he hit vtec in second.
he hit VTEC in 2nd did he? at 120 in second gear :S hmmmmmm

7th Sign

HSC
Azamakumar said:
I'm fucking speechless. How the fuck does the type of transmission mean that the car sucks in general. Could the large number of automatic transmissions be due to the fact that a certain demographic was the sales target of the manufacturer, ie people that live in the fucking city. And lets not forget the fact that people who ARE interested in performance would get a manual, not a fucking auto, completely destroying that argument.

And no shit a high powered V6 is going to kill a 2 cylinder 4 litre engine. The fact remains that skylines are cheap as chips, making them a perfect first car for a performance enthusiast, myriad of bolt on's and aftermarket parts aside.

dude I us to drive auto when I first got my red p's but when I got onto greens I got 2 manual cars and I have never looked back, I was once a fan of AUTO too, but once you actually drive manual you can understand why people say real drivers drive manual because it is the 100% truth, if you have a sports car get it in manual, If you drive a family sedan get it in auto.

case closed.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Yeah cuz fully sick post n shit, but I DO drive manual, and im on my red p's, meaning I learnt on a manual. Theres no need to tell me how much better manual is than auto cos I already know, you rice farmer.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
7th Sign said:
he hit VTEC in 2nd did he? at 120 in second gear :S hmmmmmm
I didn't say we stopped racing then, idiot. Second in the Skyline is about 90, we kept going for a while in third which tops out at about 140.

7th Sign

HSC
Riet said:
I didn't say we stopped racing then, idiot. Second in the Skyline is about 90, we kept going for a while in third which tops out at about 140.

hahahah who is the idiot here,

1) you said VTEC kicks in at 2nd gear on

answer:

VTEC kicks in when you hit 4500 RPM, further more the VTEC on type R integras kicks in on higher RPM at 5600 so theirs no way in second he could have kicked into VTEC in second, your talking shit, you also stated you were going 120 in second then you edited your post.

its quite clean you have no idea what your talking about.

Please go ride your push bike...

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Wtf I know exactly how Vtec works you fuck tard. We started at a red light and in first gear we trounced him off the the line, he caught up a bit shifting into second and then when he reached VTEC in second gear (70-80 km/h) he pulled away so we were just behind him, and we stuck with him up until about 120. I never once stated I was going 120 in second, they were two different posts. Why would I suddenly forget the gear speeds when I have driven my friends car alot and have even talked about what the shift points are with Aza in other threads on this board.

"VTEC kicks in when you hit 4500 RPM, further more the VTEC on type R integras kicks in on higher RPM at 5600 so theirs no way in second he could have kicked into VTEC in second, your talking shit, you also stated you were going 120 in second then you edited your post."

What the fuck do you mean? When he gets to 5600 rpm in second gear, Vtec will be actuated... care to elaborate on why it's impossible to kick into VTEC in second? I doubt you've ever driven a VTEC car, or a Skyline for that matter. The Straight-6 makes a fair bit more midrange torque than the B18C and that's why he didn't pull away until his Cams kicked in. If my friends RB25DE had a neo head with VVT it would have been a different story. As it stand though, we were in a car with slightly less power and about 150-200kg extra weight.

Edit: Found it:

Riet said:
Re: Economic Driving
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoolies_2004
Lol I remember reading about this, I find it hard to believe it does anything... the RPM stays exactly the same in neutral or drive so how can it be using less fuel!?!?
In drive it is just turning the torque converter over, puts more load on the parts such as drivetrain and brakes uncessarily. I'm not sure about fuel economy though because my Camry actually idles high (very marginally) in neutral. Also, the camry has a 4 speed, does over 100 in second :p My friends R32 which I was driving on monday night (he was drunk, lol) redlines at 55, 90, 140 and don't know about 4th and 5th, but 180km/h in 5th was 5000rpm, and it got a 7000rpm redline, fuel cut at 7500.

Also, I didn't do 180 on a cold rainy night in Sydney, it was on the highway out past bathurst.

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
My Myspace, feel free to add!
Last edited by Riet : 11 Jul 2007 at 3:49 PM.

Last edited:

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
lengy said:
Ignore 7th Sign, he's a douche.
Mocking people with lesser UAI's than you is the soul purpose of these forums. Which is why 7th sign doesn't exactly pay anyone out.

KaneOosty

VIP Member
HSC
seremify007 said:
LOL Good analogy.

To TC; even if you take the turbo out, it'll probably still be classified as a prohibited vehicle because of the model of the car itself and not the lack of turbo; and again even without the turbo, I'm pretty sure insurance won't come cheap for the Skyline name. When you go to quote the model number, people will assume it has a turbo.
Definetally true, Just Cars wants $4000!!!

But I went with Famouse Insurance which is half!

I have a 2001 R34 Nissan Skyline GT-V by the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)