Talent 100 (1 Viewer)

whatup

HSC
N/A
yeh i go talent 100,

i also go to sydney boys, and was in lower end of the grade in yr 10. once i realised all my friends were going tutoring and they were a mile ahead of me especially in maths.

after that i decided i would jump on the bandwagon and at high we have this thing called an academic list in which a student has to score a rank of over 50% in 10 subject units. i just missed out by 1 unit.

so yeh its amazing what 2 terms of tutoring doe

btw i noe the guy who runs this place, just quote "high" to him and he'll give u like 4 weeks free trial lessons

rfpchua

HSC
Hi Taggs,

Its 3 hours a week now. We've changed the way we do things to make it more time efficient.

However, if you need extra help, you can book a tutorial at no extra cost. We've got a four week free trial running - email info@talent-100.com.au if you are interested

Regards,

Richard.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
im thinking of going for a trial here, sounds interesting, espescially 4 weeks...

EDIT: i finally got a reply, looks like im gonna have to attend a seminar for the free trial...

Last edited:

jayteee

HSC
blakblupink said:
and if you like the idea of spending 4 hours a week on one subject, go for it
haha, you're kidding right? maybe i'm just stupid but i remember doing at least 5 hours a subject every week (not including tuition) towards the end

smushieex

HSC
errrm, cbb looking through the previous pages.
where exactly is talent 100?

-4 hours a week isn't as bad as where I go now.
I do 1.5 hours on wednesday and 6 hours on saturday. T_T

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
smushieex said:
errrm, cbb looking through the previous pages.
where exactly is talent 100?

-4 hours a week isn't as bad as where I go now.
I do 1.5 hours on wednesday and 6 hours on saturday. T_T
Parramatta Level 6, 91 George St, Parramatta NSW 2150

City Suite 8, Level 14, 528 Kent St, Sydney NSW 2000

plus a new epping location coming soon...

shaon0

HSC
rfpchua said:
Hi Taggs,

Its 3 hours a week now. We've changed the way we do things to make it more time efficient.

However, if you need extra help, you can book a tutorial at no extra cost. We've got a four week free trial running - email info@talent-100.com.au if you are interested

Regards,

Richard.
Richard, when is the seminar and is it optional?
Thanks

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
shaon0 said:
Richard, when is the seminar and is it optional?
Thanks
even though im not richard, the seminar is on the 20th september (finished already) and the 6th of october. also $49 entrance fee...

shaon0

HSC
electrolysis said:
even though im not richard, the seminar is on the 20th september (finished already) and the 6th of october. also $49 entrance fee...
mm, where is it at?

rfpchua

HSC
Hi Guys,

I'll respond to your enquiries.

Time Commitment: The time commitment has been scaled down to 3 hrs for seminar. The seminar is lengthened so the teacher can go through homework answers in class. In regards to whether it's worth the time, it basically takes time to go through hw thoroughly. A lot of our students pick at the marking guide so they know what a top answer is, rather than wandering if its merely substantively correct.

In all honesty, we could probably teach the whole course in two hours a week, but you wouldn't get the same sort of results that we are getting. The '100' part of our name comes from the fact that that is what we are aiming for. No olympian aims for a silver. They aim for a gold and might end up with a silver. It's the same thing and that's why we are so thorough.

I think the new system is time efficient and represents a good compromise, whislt allowing for on-call individual attention via the tutorial when it is needed.

4-week Trial Offer: The four week trial offer is for anyone in Year 11 now going into Year 12 in 2009. The secrets of the HSC seminar is compulsory for the 4 week free trial offer, because it puts you (as a student), your parents (as fee-payers and hence parties interested in your progress) and us (as an education institution) on the same page.

It's really a good seminar, and will show you how to approach the HSC in a v. unique and results-oriented way. I really don't think anyone else is saying it how it is, and I can guarantee you, most parents usually end up saying 'oh, that's how they calculate it afterwards'. There's a lot of practical detail on how to organise studies effective, remember large amounts of info and improve exam technique.

The fee is $49. If you're weighing up whether $49 is worth it, I'd challenge you to find a better offer: You get a 30 page full colour HSC Study guide booklet it with articles written by the top students in Physics, Chem, Maths and English (RRP $30). The HSC seminar is 2 hours and you get 12 hours of free tuition and marking of all your homework

We believe we have the best product on the market, and the one that gets the best results. This promotion is about spending some money to inform you guys as consumers that this is the case.

Location: The Seminar to be held in Paramatta premise on Level 2.

If you're looking for top marks in your HSC year, you should really consider this offer. Talent's on track for some stellar results and this is a great chance to trial us without any obligation and to see if you can benefit from it yourself. Contact at info@talent-100.com.au or 1300-UAI-100

Regards,

Richard

shaon0

HSC
rfpchua said:
Hi Guys,

I'll respond to your enquiries.

Time Commitment: The time commitment has been scaled down to 3 hrs for seminar. The seminar is lengthened so the teacher can go through homework answers in class. In regards to whether it's worth the time, it basically takes time to go through hw thoroughly. A lot of our students pick at the marking guide so they know what a top answer is, rather than wandering if its merely substantively correct.

In all honesty, we could probably teach the whole course in two hours a week, but you wouldn't get the same sort of results that we are getting. The '100' part of our name comes from the fact that that is what we are aiming for. No olympian aims for a silver. They aim for a gold and might end up with a silver. It's the same thing and that's why we are so thorough.

I think the new system is time efficient and represents a good compromise, whislt allowing for on-call individual attention via the tutorial when it is needed.

4-week Trial Offer: The four week trial offer is for anyone in Year 11 now going into Year 12 in 2009. The secrets of the HSC seminar is compulsory for the 4 week free trial offer, because it puts you (as a student), your parents (as fee-payers and hence parties interested in your progress) and us (as an education institution) on the same page.

It's really a good seminar, and will show you how to approach the HSC in a v. unique and results-oriented way. I really don't think anyone else is saying it how it is, and I can guarantee you, most parents usually end up saying 'oh, that's how they calculate it afterwards'. There's a lot of practical detail on how to organise studies effective, remember large amounts of info and improve exam technique.

The fee is $49. If you're weighing up whether $49 is worth it, I'd challenge you to find a better offer: You get a 30 page full colour HSC Study guide booklet it with articles written by the top students in Physics, Chem, Maths and English (RRP $30). The HSC seminar is 2 hours and you get 12 hours of free tuition and marking of all your homework

We believe we have the best product on the market, and the one that gets the best results. This promotion is about spending some money to inform you guys as consumers that this is the case.

Location: The Seminar to be held in Paramatta premise on Level 2.

If you're looking for top marks in your HSC year, you should really consider this offer. Talent's on track for some stellar results and this is a great chance to trial us without any obligation and to see if you can benefit from it yourself. Contact at info@talent-100.com.au or 1300-UAI-100

Regards,

Richard
When is this seminar?

h3ll h0und

HSC
is it possible for me to have a trial lesson at talent 100 if im in year 10 and going to year 11 ?

starf1sh

HSC
no theyre quite crap, in the unprofessional sense. well the chemistry one anyway.
actually ill take half that back, if you get sophie, shes the best. she doesnt care about money and will talk until you understand, no matter how long it takes you.

however, they do want money and rep, so if you go in a group, you can bargain down. my friends bargained down the $800 exam thingy in term 3, down to $450.

like its one thing being smart, and another thing being able to teach people. private message me if you want my personal experience, i dont want to diss them too much publicly.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
starf1sh said:
no theyre quite crap, in the unprofessional sense. well the chemistry one anyway.
actually ill take half that back, if you get sophie, shes the best. she doesnt care about money and will talk until you understand, no matter how long it takes you.

however, they do want money and rep, so if you go in a group, you can bargain down. my friends bargained down the $800 exam thingy in term 3, down to $450.

like its one thing being smart, and another thing being able to teach people. private message me if you want my personal experience, i dont want to diss them too much publicly.
Sophie is good, but shes to complex and dwells into unrelated stuff, on the other hand alex is clear, concise, knows his stuff and straight to the point.

i dont know what you're on about with the exam thingy in term 3 (called 'Mastering the HSC' course), it is $450 straight off.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
My friend is interested and emailed me today.

Is this like Matrix in a sense that it has got set classes? Or is it just like program that comes up every term or so?

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
lyounamu said:
My friend is interested and emailed me today.

Is this like Matrix in a sense that it has got set classes? Or is it just like program that comes up every term or so?
its set classes, 3hrs per subject, MX2 is 3.5 hrs off the top of my head

shaon0

HSC
electrolysis said:
its set classes, 3hrs per subject, MX2 is 3.5 hrs off the top of my head
MX2 usually goes longer than 3.5 hours.

lindaguo

HSC
Lol @ the sudden change of opinion of this thread from animosity and suspicion against talent 100, to a few eeringly positive testimonials in favour of talent100 amidst general animosity and suspicion.

Makes me wonder if that Richard Chua fellow said to some of his students "go on BoS and say some neat things about us" and shoved some cash in their pockets :haha:

From their gamesmanship approach to the HSC, and the earlier comments by "richboychua", that really reflects on their cutthroat nature as a business, and its this sense of dodginess and lack of integrity that i detect which makes me want to avoid them like the plague. What kind of tutoring centre would let you bargain them down from $800 to $450??! James An might... but then that just brings them down to James An's level of dodginess.

Anyway for the record, I have a private tutor :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lindaguo said:
Lol @ the sudden change of opinion of this thread from animosity and suspicion against talent 100, to a few eeringly positive testimonials in favour of talent100 amidst general animosity and suspicion.

Makes me wonder if that Richard Chua fellow said to some of his students "go on BoS and say some neat things about us" and shoved some cash in their pockets :haha:

From their gamesmanship approach to the HSC, and the earlier comments by "richboychua", that really reflects on their cutthroat nature as a business, and its this sense of dodginess and lack of integrity that i detect which makes me want to avoid them like the plague. What kind of tutoring centre would let you bargain them down from $800 to $450??! James An might... but then that just brings them down to James An's level of dodginess.

Anyway for the record, I have a private tutor :)
I think you are thinking too much about this. I have personally heard good things about talent 100 (I don't go there btw). I don't genuinely think that they are just makin them up.

ttong

HSC
lol saw a talent 100 ad in an asian newspaper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)