Teachers Being Away!!!! (1 Viewer)

dpospination

HSC
i feel for u man, and hope ur teacher gets well soon. i would say just keep pre reading so u have a good idea of wats going on, and do the set work left by the teacher if applicable

slowjam10

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Schools do have policies for this sort of thing. The teacher leaves work, the substitute provides the work, and the students are expected to complete it.
Well if you read my post, you'd have discovered that the subsitutes we have are really unqualified.

Some sleep, chat on their mobiles, can't string a sentence together, eat breakfast in class, talk about their sex life, bitch about other teachers they don't like, bitch about the principal or substandard working conditions or being the bodyguard of Olivia Newton John.

The work our teachers end up leaving is summarise the textbook or do the sheets, usually which have no relavnce to what we are studying.

Then when they come back they forget what work they've left or they say ohh i didn't expect you to do that, I just had to give something to you to make it seem like i was doing my job sufficiently.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
slowjam10 said:
Well if you read my post, you'd have discovered that the subsitutes we have are really unqualified.

Some sleep, chat on their mobiles, can't string a sentence together, eat breakfast in class, talk about their sex life, bitch about other teachers they don't like, bitch about the principal or substandard working conditions or being the bodyguard of Olivia Newton John.

The work our teachers end up leaving is summarise the textbook or do the sheets, usually which have no relavnce to what we are studying.

Then when they come back they forget what work they've left or they say ohh i didn't expect you to do that, I just had to give something to you to make it seem like i was doing my job sufficiently.
Then your schools suck (no offence intended towards you). If a school teacher misses school for a long period of time, they should find teachers (qualifed ones) to cater for your academic needs. It's quite ridiculous.

dpospination

HSC
use the syllabus, try and maintain knowledge of the courses by pre reading, ensuring u fulfill syllabus requirements...

slowjam10

HSC
lyounamu said:
Then your schools suck (no offence intended towards you). If a school teacher misses school for a long period of time, they should find teachers (qualifed ones) to cater for your academic needs. It's quite ridiculous.
I know our school really just tries to cover it up and pretend like everything is just dandy.

This issue is affects over 40 people in our grade.

Parent Teacher Interviews are coming up this week, so we'll see what happens there.

slowjam10

HSC
dpospination said:
use the syllabus, try and maintain knowledge of the courses by pre reading, ensuring u fulfill syllabus requirements...
yeha that's what I've been doing, but it really does help having a teacher. It's not like you get to ask the textbook questions..lol..don't worry I've tried.

But yeah, this is really terrible for a catholic school, but then again looking at our schools ranking not as suprising.

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
slowjam10 said:
My philosophy is - you go to school to learn via a process called teaching by a person called a teacher!
Exactly, though four of my teachers are completely useless, and I have needed to teach myself also. I could only advise what everyone else has - complain.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
slowjam10 said:
yeha that's what I've been doing, but it really does help having a teacher. It's not like you get to ask the textbook questions..lol..don't worry I've tried.

But yeah, this is really terrible for a catholic school, but then again looking at our schools ranking not as suprising.
Uhh... do you have to pay alot in fees? Cause if you do... :uhoh:

slowjam10

HSC
Continuum said:
Uhh... do you have to pay alot in fees? Cause if you do... :uhoh:
yeah they are the usual price for a secondary catholic school

michael1990

HSC
How did you go?

Have you tried sorting it out with your school yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)