Teachers with easiest & hardest jobs (1 Viewer)

69^boi

HSC
N/A
i want to know your opionons on which teachers has the easiest & hardest jobs.
before you say anthying i know that bad misbahaved students & class discruption is a common problem amongst all teachers. The main point is in terms of subjects
(faculty)here:
- Maths
- English
- Social Science
- Science
- PDHPE
- Home Economics
- Industrial Arts
- Performing Arts
- History

i think PDHPE teachers got the easiest job since its mostly pratical (except yr 11+12) and the theory part is not that hard to teach, like general knowledge. For the hardest i reckon is science since lots of planning in praticals for like 25+ students if there large class and they have moniter & ensure the safety of students which can be real pain. anywayz that's my opinion

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
i think english might be the hardest because teachers have to study texts and make class notes on them. Oh and they also have to mark school exam essays and practice essays :eek: imagine reading that many essays! oh how repetitive!

as for the easiest i have to agree that it has to be PDHPE.. hehe

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
english is def. the hardest. They get stuck with people who don't want to be there in the senior years.

Yep, them PE teachers have it the easiest.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
guy at work was lik..
"i never want to be a teacher.. but figured that PE is good.. "

he never wants to teach anything but PE .. so im goin with PE

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
it's not on the list but i think that LOTE teachers have the hardest job...they teach you a whole new language and have to constantly work with you, eg. pronunciation, vocab, grammar, stuff like that.

easiest, maybe IA or social sciences (especially geo).

What's home economics?

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
4unit maths teacher would be the hardest I reckon. Youd have to know all your stuff and be able to answer all the questions your students ask you. Lower level maths wouldnt be too difficult to teach and in terms of marking, the answers given are either right or wrong.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I don't think that any subject is necessarily 'easy' to teach, as every subject has its own little difficulties and such.

For the record, English teachers read HEAPS more practise essays than most teachers because basically every assessment is guaranteed to be essays (or extended response in some form) whereas with most other subjects you have a mix of multiple choice, short answers etc which are generally on a right/wrong basis. My mum spends hours marking practise essays around exam time.

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
I reckon it all depends on the teacher himself/herself really. It all lies on their confidence and the ability to make a class an enjoyable and an enthusiastic experience on the students' behalf.

But, yeah, as most of you are saying, I think English teachers have it the hardest.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
id say english teacher would be the hardest job
followed by maths...

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
o...and i 4got the easiest...
id prob say PE...
especially for junior years
maybe not seniors but still...

69^boi

HSC
N/A
Kazuya said:
it's not on the list but i think that LOTE teachers have the hardest job...they teach you a whole new language and have to constantly work with you, eg. pronunciation, vocab, grammar, stuff like that.

easiest, maybe IA or social sciences (especially geo).

What's home economics?
food technology,hospitality, communtity & family studies, textiles & design etc.

tennille

HSC
Hardest would definitely be English because it is a very subjective course, unlike maths or science. History teachers would also have a hard job, but because English is compulsory, it puts pressure on teachers.

I don't know what would be easiest. Maybe maths (most probably won't agree with me), because problems are usually solved by one particular method which could be taught to the majority of students. I don't know about the other subjects, though.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Hey, I think you should at least admit that the offspring of teachers may have some idea :p

69^boi

HSC
N/A
yea but that offspring can be biased from their parents view

HSC
english, if you got a chem teacher for example, most people want too be there, but you get your good mix of retards who waste spacei n year 12 for eng so your screwed

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
i'ld say PE teachers, IPT teachers and Mr Ducleis (IT admin) have easiest job, and English teacher or special ed teacher has hardest job of all teachers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)