Telecommunications Engineering (1 Viewer)

MoNNiE

HSC
that's true....
or you can start begging to people for donations
"one dollar a day, is all we are asking "

C

ChironStar

Can anyone tell me more about the Telecom Eng program? Is there a lot of computing? Any software / programming involved? Does anyone know what they mean when they say you have to study data networks and such? Because I've heard of Telecom Eng, but I really don't know much of it at all, and just seeing the courses in the program isn't telling me much either because the descriptions are so brief...

Does it involve more physics or electrical eng? What type of things does Telecom Eng deal with, during study and even when you go out to work?

I really want to know what the program is like, and if anyone can tell me, that'd be great!

numberone

well firt two semesters show alot of maths going on

phsyics is pretty much maths, just practice how to do the questions and learn some physical concepts on the way

also theres some programming which i really hate and theres exam on it next week which im gonna fail

elec is alright just study

make sure u dont fall behind

and unilife is awesome, love it

tigerboi

peanut butter jelly time!
HSC
my opinion: dude TELECOM ENG IS THE WORSE! I WISH I NEVER CHOSE IT. STEER CLEAR OF THIS COURSE. At first i thought it was mobiles and stuff, But TELECOM ENG IS ANOTHER NAME FOR ELEC ENG. CHIRONSTAR, I BEG U, DONT DO IT, Nooooooooooooooo..

leathaface

I'm really thinkingabout doing this course as well...

Also... is Industrial Design a good course? Compare these two for me?

The problem is that, I'm not a recent year 12 applicant and I'm scared that they will give priorities for recent year 12 students...

franklhy

HSC
hi i'm digging up this thread.

i'm an international student who is enroling into UNSW coming july 2009, telecommunications. i got exempted the first 2 years and hence i'm jumping straight to the 3rd year. hence i am kinda worried about going straight into 3rd year as i may not have the required knowledge that the 3rd year courses may require me to have. afraid that i won't be able to catch up easily.

any current telecom students can give any advice or your own experiences on this program?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)