[TENNIS] The 2014 Australian Open Thread (1 Viewer)

Troller

Lol
HSC
Re: [TENNIS] The Official 2014 Australian Open Thread

Also if Tomic had won the first set, what are the chances he would have kept playing?
He might've pushed himself, but his overall game would've declined and nadal would've pounced on that.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC

Please, he was moving fine and actually keeping up with Nadal. The last time Federer was injured was in 2013 with a back injury. When do you recall a top player retiring in a final? I'm interested to know.
Again it's the idea of risking letting the injury (which might be only just bearable now) get worse as you play on which means you have to pull out in later tournaments/grand slams or even later rounds if you happen to win. Would you rather see him retire later on in the match potentially in excruciating pain which would wipe his chances for the French Open and maybe even Wimbledon?

Regarding Federer, pretty sure he said somewhere that he regretted playing with the injury as it screwed with his form.

Justine Henin retired against Amelie Mauresmo in 2006 Aus Open grand final due to stomach cramps

Last edited:

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

''Baby Fed'' Grigor Dimitrov triumphs over the ''Missile'' Milos Raonic in 4 sets

def.

Hoping Grigor can meet Rafael ''Clay God Topspin Superhuman Forehand'' Nadal.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Question: Who do you think will win the Australian Open 2014 (Men's and Women's singles)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk:

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
Economics, Agriculture.

HSC '15- ATAR Goal: 90+

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Question: Who do you think will win the Australian Open 2014 (Men's and Women's singles)?

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
Economics, Agriculture.

The clear favourites are Novak and Serena for the title.

However...

My top 3 favourites on the men are..
1. Djokovic
2. Nadal
3. Murray/Federer (Federer has been playing well of late so I give him an outside chance instead of no chance... plus he's my favourite player :haha:)

3rd favourite belonged to Del Potro until he got upsetted....

Tsonga and Berdych have chances but their ability to beat the Big 4 back to back is questionable... (same with Wawrinka)

Ferrer can't beat any of the Big 4 at a slam... period. (unless it's an injured Nadal or against Murray on clay)

I'll be very surprised if Nadal or Djokovic doesn't win it... If Federer or Murray wins it, it'd be surprising... if anyone else wins it, the tennis world will go crazy :haha:

Last edited:

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
YESSS Good for tennis that Dimitrov is making a strong run in a grand slam. I really think his new coach has vastly improved his fitness so he can contend in these best of 5 matches. Has great potential to make tennis become more prominent

Same old Djokovic and S.Williams

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
The clear favourites are Novak and Serena for the title.

However...

My top 3 favourites on the men are..
1. Djokovic
2. Nadal
3. Murray/Federer (Federer has been playing well of late so I give him an outside chance instead of no chance... plus he's my favourite player :haha:)

3rd favourite belonged to Del Potro until he got upsetted....

Tsonga and Berdych have chances but their ability to beat the Big 4 back to back is questionable... (same with Wawrinka)

Ferrer can't beat any of the Big 4 at a slam... period. (unless it's an injured Nadal or against Murray on clay)

I'll be very surprised if Nadal or Djokovic doesn't win it... If Federer or Murray wins it, it'd be surprising... if anyone else wins it, the tennis world will go crazy :haha:
I swear I will be surprised if Federer makes it to the final. His draw makes it so hard for him to win the title: but I will be hoping that he wins (he's my fave player lol). Women's tennis is so inconsistent that it's unpredictable: and that's why I'm not too into it.

Economics, Agriculture.

cjporter97

HSC
The truth is, I think everybody wants Federer to win (he's my favourite payer as well). It doesn't look like he will though :(

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
The truth is, I think everybody wants Federer to win (he's my favourite payer as well). It doesn't look like he will though :(
I know :(

Economics, Agriculture.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Ana Ivanovic's forehand has been absolutely stunning today :inlove:

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

THE SERBIAN PRINCESS, ANA IVANOVIC has DEFEATED the ALMIGHTY QUEEN, SERENA WILLIAMS for the very first time in 5 meetings.

Ana winning 4-6 6-3 6-3.

THE FAVOURITE IS OUT.

Looks like the favourites now are...

Azarenka
Sharapova
Li Na
Ana Ivanovic

Sharapova and Azarenka must be cheering right now...

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
Apparently Williams had back injury and played through it. Li Na has an open draw to final now, hopefully won't face Azarenka.

In other exciting news for Tomic *fans* here, he will have hip surgery which will sideline him for 3 months. The issue is entirely different to his groin tear in which some hip problem was discovered to have been undiagnosed for a decade - particular problem has been known to hinder speed and movement.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Apparently Williams had back injury and played through it. Li Na has an open draw to final now, hopefully won't face Azarenka.

In other exciting news for Tomic *fans* here, he will have hip surgery which will sideline him for 3 months. The issue is entirely different to his groin tear in which some hip problem was discovered to have been undiagnosed for a decade - particular problem has been known to hinder speed and movement.
Wow... I can see why Tomic is a not so gr8 mover now...

Feel sorry for the guy. Hope he gets better soon.

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
HSC

Ivanovic had some blasting forehands. Just kept coming.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A

now Sharapova is my fave

my dad has the biggest celeb crush on her and always texts me from work asking how her matches are going haha but srsly, she is a much stronger contender now that Serena is out

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Soon to come...

The KING of aesthetically pleasing tennis, Roger Federer takes on the French Showman, Jo Wilfried Tsonga!
VS

I think Tsonga comes in as the favourite against Federror or Olderer (despite his lower ranking) but a vintage Federer could pull it off.

Expecting this to go to at least 4 sets, no matter who wins.

williamdaft

HSC

Soon to come...

The KING of aesthetically pleasing tennis, Roger Federer takes on the French Showman, Jo Wilfried Tsonga!
VS

I think Tsonga comes in as the favourite against Federror or Olderer (despite his lower ranking) but a vintage Federer could pull it off.

Expecting this to go to at least 4 sets, no matter who wins.
yeah I love it when they verse each other.. so amazing to watch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)