Test and compare your internet speed (1 Viewer)

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
it's so frustrating, any ideas on how to fix it, how are other ppl in this thread getting 100mb+
im on telstra cable but I have friends on NBN and they blow my upload speed out of the park like they get 40mb jesus

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
My ping on speedtests dropped considerably too when I got NBN, the speed is no better than what I could often get on there a few years ago with cable - but the ping has halved!

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Just might be your provider as well as the location of their nearest server.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I had a friend call and complain once then he said it magically jumped up by a bit. Give them a call if you aren't getting anywhere near (which for your case is quite obvious being around 20 times less than) what you originally intended to pay for.

Mr_Kap

HSC
However at some times my download speed can go up to 60Mbps, depending on how many people in the other apartments are using the WIFI (i am living in a serviced apartment while my house is being fixed - had a house fire around 6 months ago)

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4678200661

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

Top: Home Internet
Bottom: UNSW (to be precise, CSE Building, Level 4)

That contrast...
UNSW internet never felt that fast when I was a student there - I even remember the days when we had to sign up and then get a VPN login... but later on it was fast enough to make me come in to do my system updates on a weekend!

Thought I'd casually try speedtest over wifi on my Surface 3 >

Not bad given I now have quite a lot of devices on my router (40+) including a NAS... and I'm also running Windows Update on my Intel Compute.

Last edited:
HSC
2.03mb/s
evidence that I live in a forest
checked again and mine's still the same

However at some times my download speed can go up to 60Mbps, depending on how many people in the other apartments are using the WIFI (i am living in a serviced apartment while my house is being fixed - had a house fire around 6 months ago)

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4678200661
That speed is really good for an apartment
Download is 286kb. Yes, kb, not Mb.
Upload is 17kb.
NBN I NEED YOU!
LOL
That's strange

Christofu01

HSC
Download is 6.59Mb/s
Upload is 0.26Mb/s
Loving the excellent internet speeds...

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC

Speed from my work portable WiFi dongle (adapter).

Pretty good, I think it might be better then my home speed funnily enough.

On a similar note my work sent an email out today that they recently saw a spike in excess data being used from the portable dongles and the culprits being Netflix,Youtube, Spotify and other streaming sites - had a good laugh

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
On a similar note my work sent an email out today that they recently saw a spike in excess data being used from the portable dongles and the culprits being Netflix,Youtube, Spotify and other streaming sites - had a good laugh
Sounds funny now until they start capping speeds on some sites and outright blocking others. And such is my work Internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)