Test Papers (1 Viewer)

shaon0

HSC
I need past papers for Maths 3unit, Physics and Chemistry.
Are there sites where it is possible to get past papers for preliminary HSC from other schools?
If so could someone PM me the links to thesse sites...Thanks in advanc.ed

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
shaon0 said:
Are there sites where it is possible to get past papers for preliminary HSC from other schools?
This website has all the past papers. Go to Resource page and have a look. I just completed all the Preliminary exams from NSBH, NSGH, Carlingford, Normanhurst Boys High School, JRAHS, SBH, SGH, Blakehurst High School and etc. :)

They are very good revisions.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Also, look for the respective sections of the forum. Our Prelim forum also has past papers in one of the pinned threads.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
lyounamu said:
This website has all the past papers. Go to Resource page and have a look. I just completed all the Preliminary exams from NSBH, NSGH, Carlingford, Normanhurst Boys High School, JRAHS, SBH, SGH, Blakehurst High School and etc. :)

They are very good revisions.
How come you always mention NSBHS first? :confused:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Continuum said:
How come you always mention NSBHS first? :confused:
I do it unconsciously. It's not that I am obsessed with that school. Please don't get me wrong. I also had that school's Trial paper on my desk at that time so I just wrote down all the schools' names whenever they came up in my head. NSBHS one was just the first Trial paper that I saw on my desk. :D

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
lyounamu said:
I do it unconsciously. It's not that I am obsessed with that school. Please don't get me wrong. I also had that school's Trial paper on my desk at that time so I just wrote down all the schools' names whenever they came up in my head. NSBHS one was just the first Trial paper that I saw on my desk. :D
Haha ok. :wave:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
shaon0 said:
Try CSSA papers. They are absolutely fantastic!!!!!! I just did 40 pages of it and I don't get tired of it (except when they give tedious ones, which are completely useless).

It is a bit off topic, but does Cambridge Year 11 Unit 3 include Year 11 Unit 2 components as well? I have it but the book doesn't have the plane geometry topic in it. Can anyone tell me?

Last edited:

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
Try CSSA papers. They are absolutely fantastic!!!!!! I just did 40 pages of it and I don't get tired of it (except when they give tedious ones, which are completely useless).

It is a bit off topic, but does Cambridge Year 11 Unit 3 include Year 11 Unit 2 components as well? I have it but the book doesn't have the plane geometry topic in it. Can anyone tell me?
If you mean 2U advanced components, then yes :).

Oh, and where can I get the CSSA papers? I did a few of them I think for my Chemistry half yearly exam given by my tutor, and a few questions popped up exactly the same in the exam :D. Are these preliminary past papers for half yearly and yearly exams? If you happen to have any Namu, please PM them :). Thanks.

Last edited:
L

lsam

Razizi said:

Oh, and where can I get the CSSA papers? I did a few of them I think for my Chemistry half yearly exam given by my tutor, and a few questions popped up exactly the same in the exam :D. Are these preliminary past papers for half yearly and yearly exams? If you happen to have any Namu, please PM them :). Thanks.
I didn't know there were CSSA papers for Chem. You can get CSSA papers from the resource page for Mathematics. I think Namu is referring to that.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Razizi said:

Thanks for the answer. I get CSSA papers from the Resouce page like Sam said. I don't know about Chemistry though.

There are tonnes of Preliminary past papers. Some papers are good but some aren't. I did all the past papers out there, the ones that I personally recommend are NSGHS, Sefton and Carlingford papers. There are few Blakehurst High School papers. They are like typical HSC exams-style questions. Therefore, they are good revisions too despite their easiness.

In general, you will find that CSSA papers are much better than school exams. But I guess you cannot do CSSA papers at the moment because there are all Year 12 contents. Try some Preliminary papers. There are few difficult ones where you have to think carefully. :)

shaon0

HSC
lyounamu said:
Thanks for the answer. I get CSSA papers from the Resouce page like Sam said. I don't know about Chemistry though.

There are tonnes of Preliminary past papers. Some papers are good but some aren't. I did all the past papers out there, the ones that I personally recommend are NSGHS, Sefton and Carlingford papers. There are few Blakehurst High School papers. They are like typical HSC exams-style questions. Therefore, they are good revisions too despite their easiness.

In general, you will find that CSSA papers are much better than school exams. But I guess you cannot do CSSA papers at the moment because there are all Year 12 contents. Try some Preliminary papers. There are few difficult ones where you have to think carefully. :)
Which past papers are hard?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
shaon0 said:
Which past papers are hard?
CSSA papers are relatively difficult in comparison to normal school exam papers. I just completed few CSSA papers from the Resource page and found that they were tougher than NSGHS exam paper. :)

shaon0

HSC
lyounamu said:
CSSA papers are relatively difficult in comparison to normal school exam papers. I just completed few CSSA papers from the Resource page and found that they were tougher than NSGHS exam paper. :)
Are the CSSA papers for Year 11?

eliseliselise

HSC
i have a CD full of HSC resources [exams, notes etc]- i advertised in the 'buy/sell' forum and got a few good responses ;) actually.. excellent ones. if i hadn't posted that fateful thread then i would be lost!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
shaon0 said:
Are the CSSA papers for Year 11?
Sorry, no. They are used as Trial HSC papers by some schools. So they are for Year 12 students. You won't be able to use them effectively because of that reason. If you want Preliminary resources. Go to the Preliminary section and search for exam papers from different schools such as JRAHS, NSGHS, Carlingford and Blakehurst High School. They are quite good.

shaon0

HSC
lyounamu said:
Sorry, no. They are used as Trial HSC papers by some schools. So they are for Year 12 students. You won't be able to use them effectively because of that reason. If you want Preliminary resources. Go to the Preliminary section and search for exam papers from different schools such as JRAHS, NSGHS, Carlingford and Blakehurst High School. They are quite good.
i can't find any preliminary HSC test papers from JRAHS, NSGHS, NSBHS...I hate blakehurst High papers they are way too easy.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
shaon0 said:
i can't find any preliminary HSC test papers from JRAHS, NSGHS, NSBHS...I hate blakehurst High papers they are way too easy.
You should find NSGHS though. Sorry about the JRAGH & NSBHS. I guess I got confused with my own papers. I have got them through mates and that's why I have them.

I need to remind you about the Blakehurst High School papers. They are easy but they are really good practices for HSC as the difficulty of those exams are quite similar to the HSC papers in general (except the Q9 & 10 in HSC). They are also good to make sure your basics are well taken care of.

I actually found that Blakehurst exams are not much easier than the exams from Selective High School like NSGHS or NSBHS. They are all quite easy. If you can get 100% in Blakehurst, it won't be difficult for you to get over 90% in Selective School exams.

shaon0

HSC
lyounamu said:
You should find NSGHS though. Sorry about the JRAGH & NSBHS. I guess I got confused with my own papers. I have got them through mates and that's why I have them.

I need to remind you about the Blakehurst High School papers. They are easy but they are really good practices for HSC as the difficulty of those exams are quite similar to the HSC papers in general (except the Q9 & 10 in HSC). They are also good to make sure your basics are well taken care of.

I actually found that Blakehurst exams are not much easier than the exams from Selective High School like NSGHS or NSBHS. They are all quite easy. If you can get 100% in Blakehurst, it won't be difficult for you to get over 90% in Selective School exams.
I did 3 Blakehurst High School, Prelim HSC papers...got 100% in the first one, 98% in the second one and 94% in the third one. Blakehurst High school papers are way eaasier than my school's tests

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)