• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Tests so far? (1 Viewer)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ND
Believe me, if i can get Ds this sem, they give out marks too easily. I've been doing very little work all semester (i've had fully no motivation), the only subjects i went to were econs (cos there's no way i'm gonna read that textbook) and acst (only went to lectures, stopped going to tutes 1/2 way through) cos it was half interesting. I knew only up until topic 6 (out of 13) in STAT until about 1 week ago. Like i said, if i do even half well this sem, it's too easy.
hahaa, back in my day, i didn't even understand the last two maybe three weeks worth of work for stat171 (even now i dont know what a power-test is), and was very confused until i finished crib sheet.. we had accg100 which was all crammed (w the help of pal).. comp115 was easy cos i spent too much time actually doing the owrk, and acst151 was just alot of work at the end because i forgot heaps.. but it was alright cos we had a couple of adys between everything.. so i guess in that senes, one could get away with good marks.. and maybe its even true for second year, but hard to tell atm

if you guys get our timetable for semester two, that won't work, ie. we had wed(econ111),fri(acst101), mon(accg101),tue(math133),wed(acsst211).. all in the morning besides acst101.. no time to cram..

also, macq are stingy with marks so you'd probably get even high marks elsewhere =p
Originally posted by redruM
ND=No Distinctions?

:p

i knew nothing up to a couple of days before econ...i kid you not. fully cramming and preparing answers.

i learnt periodic worksheets about 30 mins before the exam and worked it out :p
the funny thing is, people never learn and are equally behind come semester two

Last edited:

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
when approximately do we get our final final results ?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
approximately 19th July, 11:59pm =p (maybe earlier)

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
ive only done one test so far.. on the satday.. ahst100.. grr.. evil.. i know i faield taht.. left early... 2 u math hsc exam all over again..
got comp115, chn148, and math130 to go...

RIZAL

HSC
"I've been doing very little work all semester " - ND

i can actually verify this haha :D

so if u get good marks this sem - RESPECT.

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
lol you guys are all heros!
cant wait til comp115
im gonna get a EHD -> extra high distinction
=\

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
sukiyaki
im with ya there lol i was only tryin to make myself feel better
im hopin to pull in a PC as well
"hopefully"
passing the test doesnt look really good atm
im cant even understand the tut + answers

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
approximately 19th July, 11:59pm =p (maybe earlier)
lol is it the sit on the net and wait like the hsc? or an i don't care type of thing

sort of, or very off topic - when does mac get their text list up? they're going to do it after the 30th right so then we have to pay the extra 8%?!

zxl

HSC
Econ110: did alrite in all sections, so think no prob with C, maybe D if lucky
Acst151: took some guesses(5) in MC but mostly ok, wrote answers to Q31 but not sure if i'm right, so most likely C
Stat171: got all formulas in my cheating paper, so nothin should go wrong, except maybe the 2 sample vs pair test bit...(i used 2 sample t-test btw)...so praying for a C

ND

HSC
It was paired, but it doesn't matter you shouldn't lose too many marks.

*hopeful*

HSC
im just 'hopeful' bout accg and mktg
lets not even talk bout econ
havent done acst101 yet but i think it'll b just ok

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
ive pretty much done nothing all weekend cause ive been demoralised by how little i know for comp =\
im taking cramming to a new level!
4hrs 2mr to try learn everything

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Well 2 down, 2 to go for me.

Srsly i must have the longest gap betw. the first and last exam. I started on the 16th w/ Econ110, and won't be finished until Chn104 on the 29th!

But i guess its better than having 4 exams in 5/6 days lyk some of u other guys. :cool:

swisstruffles

HSC
im screwed 4 BBA103..cant remember all the graphs..in micro, we got all graphs no notes, and in macro, all notes no graphs! how the hell r we meant to write the responses 4 micro..sum it up in a few graphs!
does anyone know if they give general Q's for the longer responses or are they really tricky and specific?

acst its so annoying i keep mixing up NPV and IRR

its weird; the two exams i thought were gonna b easy(ier)- psy104 and mtkg101 were much harder than i thought..and now my harder subjects r up hopefully they'll b the other way around..

~ForAGoodCause~

always been the easy kill
Can we take a ride? ... get out of this place whil
HSC
Originally posted by swisstruffles
im screwed 4 BBA103..cant remember all the graphs..in micro, we got all graphs no notes, and in macro, all notes no graphs! how the hell r we meant to write the responses 4 micro..sum it up in a few graphs!
does anyone know if they give general Q's for the longer responses or are they really tricky and specific?

you still have two and a half days to study for bba103. We were even given the compulosry question, so it cant be that hard to pass!
For macro do the text readings for the last two weeks, its not long. (First week of macro not tested, and second week was in assignment) (Focus on international and government policies)
For micro, stuff the notes you took down, just read the text, its a good book. Focus on elasticity, market structures etc.. theres bound to be a question on that.
As for the questions.... i take it you didnt go to the last lecture? :p , beause they gave us sample questions... here

Micro
Why does price elasticity vary along the length of a negatively-sloped, linear demand curve? Carefully explain how the impact on total revenue of a change in price, depends on the price elasticity of demand. Why would businesses find it useful to have an understanding of elasticity?

What is meant by the law of diminishing marginal returns? Explain how this law helps to shape the key short-run cost curves. What factors are responsible for increasing and decreasing returns to scale in the long-run?

How is the equilibrium price determined in a perfectly competitive market? Explain why a perfectly competitive firm would continue to produce in the short-run even though it is making a loss. What conditions are satisfied when the perfectly competitive industry and the individual firm are in the long-run equilibrium?

Macro
Question from last year – This isn’t in it, first week not tested.
What are the key dimensions of the macroeconomy? In what sense are the measures of these dimensions flawed? How are different groups in the economy affected by inflation?

Approach each section separately, dont tie them together

Goodluck!!!

swisstruffles

HSC
thanks there. And i did happen 2 go to the last lecture lol~ i need all the help i can get! its fitting that the subject i dread the most is the last exam 4 me. but first acst is 2moro, so i have less time 4 bba than i would like. im so scared! i think ive built up bba103 to be a greater evil than it really is. ive jus got 2 go in there with a cool head and not panick. easier said than done...

p.s foragoodcause, since u seem to understand everything, can u explain what exactly is endogenous & exogenous variables? i hope they dont ask us to explain the keynesian model ugh...

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by william
does a raw mark of 65 means CR in stat171?
i dont think the marks are changed that much.. so yes.
Originally posted by zxl
Econ110: did alrite in all sections, so think no prob with C, maybe D if lucky
Acst151: took some guesses(5) in MC but mostly ok, wrote answers to Q31 but not sure if i'm right, so most likely C
Stat171: got all formulas in my cheating paper, so nothin should go wrong, except maybe the 2 sample vs pair test bit...(i used 2 sample t-test btw)...so praying for a C
woah, it's amazing how people can estimate their marks especially without ever receiving any final marks =p should be good to see how close your guesses are..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)