Textbook whinge (1 Viewer)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Or, better,

bookdepository.co.uk

UK prices for books, which are generally better than Australian prices, and free (!) international shipping.

spence

HSC
Spent 350 this semester. And if I buy a big german dictionary which our tutor recommended it'll be another 90 on top of that

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Your an Art's student, if you dont rock up to any classes you can still pass. You dont need any BS textbooks. A monkey wearing a HAT can complete your degree.

sandersen

si seulement...
HSC
OP: over 700 bucks for one semester??? I would wait until you're sure you need all of it, you can probably get by without some of it. Also have a look @ the french book before you buy, if it has exercises/questions etc in it, buy it because if it's anything like the japanese unit I did in first year you will work from the book every class. If it's just like a plain book of grammar you could probably get away without it.
I have checked it out, and bought a second hand copy of one book for $75, borrowed two more for one subject. I'm still up for about $150 for the two sociology books and $125ish for the French book. So $350 in all... The french one does have exercises, so I think I will have to buy it, but its a 3rd year subject, you would think they moved on from that kind of thing...

Edit: I checked the websites, and they dont have the books I need, unfortunately :(

jaimebien

HSC
Or, better,

bookdepository.co.uk

UK prices for books, which are generally better than Australian prices, and free (!) international shipping.
HOLY CRAP. I just looked up this website for the English texts I need next semester and it is the best deal by far. For example, I need Raymond Chandler's The Big Sleep. Doing a price comparison (of exactly the same book with the same ISBN):

Bookdepository.co.uk - £4.51 (AU$9.24) plus free shipping worldwide!

Boomerangbooks.com.au - $17.96 (or $14.37 on the discount days, which gives you 20% off) + $6.95 flat shipping

Co-op Bookshop - $19.95 (or $18.15 for members) + $7.50 shipping (or $0 for shipping if you go in person to the bookshop)

Just found a code for a further 10% discount on Bookdepository.co.uk purchases from Whirlpool.net.au. The code is lovepoem and it is applied when you order through this link: http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/missingyou. I'm going ahead with getting my English texts now.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)