The 2004 HSC - Mathematics Extension 1 Paper (1 Viewer)

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
did no-one mention...
NO MORE MATHS EVER!!!!!:) :) :)

Rorix

HSC
attempted 84/84, -1 for stupid error and -2 for not reading the question properly...:(

thats what i know of

johny

locus question

Hey guys i think that its y= 4a not y= -4a, because if <QOP= 90 degress, then the gradient of the straight line OQ has to be -ve ???

whenever2gether

HSC
Omg~

hey ppl

i reckon this test was hard+long+too much reading

dont u guys reckon?

max mark i can get is 69/84

can i get E4 with it?

wat can that mark be scaled up to ?

johny

locus question

Hey guys i think that its y= 4a not y= -4a, because if <QOP= 90 degress, then the gradient of the straight line OQ has to be -ve ??? do pq= 1

Rorix

HSC
it's y=-4a.

among other reasons, the tangents must meet outside the parabola

DeadFish

whenever2gether said:
hey ppl

i reckon this test was hard+long+too much reading

dont u guys reckon?

max mark i can get is 69/84

can i get E4 with it?

wat can that mark be scaled up to ?
Depends on what the judges think of the exam.

Mill

HSC
I just did Q7b in 10 minutes, all right. I don't think it was that hard, nor do I think it was that out of the ordinary. It was in the same vein of the 2002 HSC final quesiton and I think it is something that really should be almost expected of Q7s these days almost.

That said, I am a second year Uni student so I expect I did it faster than the general HSC student.

But my assertion stands. It was ultimately a predictable question, and not unbelievably hard. Hard, yes, but manageable.

Well that's what I think.

Anyway, you HSC students shouldn't be in here depressing yourselves anyway :)

fasin8r

answer

yeh it was y=4a,
that paper was impossible to finish for even the abova average kids....i think not many ppl in the state finished, this years average will be lower way lower...man i thought trials were meant to be harder then the hsc !!!

yvonne_710

Don't Lie
HSC
stupid long questions

its freaking hard...much harder than last year...what the hell is that! BOS so supid...damn...hope can get 70%...shit

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
REALLY easy exam.
i found i ran out of time though.

i expect 62/84
74% or so.... plus scaling, i'm happy.

msi

man what the hell is wrong with you losers

that test was the hardest in like the last 10 years and if you fools are complaining about "omg i sux so much i only got 87/84 omg i'm gonna die" well then f you.... your just being gay and and no one cares for you

but for the cool ppl who fail and are happy... well i'll see you there (Y) anything around 50% i tink would be a good mark and you's should be proud... well done!!

i'm a bit of alrite at maths.... in the better half in my pretty good state school.... well best public school for hsc anyways ;) (and yes you can work it out).... and i thought that test was a BITCH!!! and i'm aiming 60-70%... GO ME!!!

and i think i finish about here..... and yes..... NO MORE MATHS!!!! *until next year*

and ALSO i like this quote written by some fool.... ".......do u guys friggin speak maths at home or something?...." that was good :p

GOOD LUCK FOR THE REST OF YOUR EXAMS :->:->

bhavo

didnt think it was an easy exam, but manageable nonetheless. btw if the SHM q was 4:28am, i can push my expectation to 83/84. yay me. pfft.

i would like to know wot ppl thort of the last q tho. imo it wasnt straightforward, coz i found it hard to prove, but i did it nonetheless.

Rorix

HSC
yeah, it's 4.28 and the last question wasnt straight forward but they did give you the hint

nit

HSC
As last questions go in extension 1, I'm pretty sure that today's was as easy as it gets, especially easier than last year's one where they simply threw you into the deep end...

mathock

HSC
i seriously fucked up this test, worse than i fucked up 4 unit, which i didnt think was possible... it was a really long test i thought, pushed me for time and i started to stress out... oh well, sucks to be me... sucks even more to be my uai

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)