• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Abortion Debate (continued) (1 Viewer)

*Minka*

HSC
bshoc said:
Because abortion is first and foremost a violation of the most basic rights of any indavidual, the right to life.
It is not an indivdual at that stage. So why is it not an issue of womens rights?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
bshoc said:
Yes becuase men are there in life to be blamed for your personal mistakes and inadequicies, and at the same time be there to bail the woman out at life? Correct?
Is that you saying that placing partial responsibility of the child onto men is blaming our mistakes onto them?

Can you re-phrase or elabourate that if that's not what you meant?

SkyScout

HSC
Heys everyone... Im merely posting here directly to wat the topic suggest nothing against anything or anyone has said...

My opinion on this matter is that the reason why abortion has been emphasized alot in today's society is because it has to do with women. Strangely yet truly, if this matter concerns men it wouldn't have such a strong attention. (It's obvioulys impossible for guys) but my point is that the same thing a women did compared to a guy who did the same thing would receive a lot is criticism and discrimination only because of her gender. It may not be obvious but it is tehre subtlely.

Abortion on the other hand can be mean as you have practically destroyed a life that you are carrying. However to bring in another perspective, with if that female person did have that baby and instead of raising him/her, gave it away to foster care or perhaps wasn't able to provide the basic necessity for that baby? That would itself be hell for the child and the child, being innocent shoulnd't be subejcted to such suffering.

There are obviously more perspectives and standigns that can be taken on this. Please be rest assurred that i do not have any strong standings at all. My philosophy is that there is a different solution for everyone and everything. There is no such absolute generalisation that we can ever come up with because there is 6 billion people in this world so it would be unjust to create some sort of generalisation.

*Minka*

HSC
bshoc said:
Yes becuase men are there in life to be blamed for your personal mistakes and inadequicies, and at the same time be there to bail the woman out at life? Correct?
It is not soley the womans mistake if she falls pregnant - the man was perfectly willing to stick his dick in and have a part of the sex as well.

You have large contriditions in your arguements.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
Is that you saying that placing partial responsibility of the child onto men is blaming our mistakes onto them?
Not the child itself, but its conception, it is afterall the woman who has the first and last say in the matter (unless ofcourse she is raped, which everyone accepts as an exemption.)

Mostly what I'm getting at is that Minka is rather confused when it comes to womens rights, as the fetus is not part of the woman per se. Also the fact that she belives that somehow "womens rights" is universal and permits the woman to do away with other living humans, this is wrong - infact rights that are given and not earned, such as womens rights, have very little, if any, value.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
*Minka* said:
It is not soley the womans mistake if she falls pregnant - the man was perfectly willing to stick his dick in and have a part of the sex as well.
Whilst true, only the woman risks preganancy, not the man. Thus as a derivative of responsibility, it is the woman not the man who bears ultimate responsibility - like you keep bitching on about a womans right to her own body, at least try and be consistant.

*Minka*

HSC
bshoc said:
Not the child itself, but its conception, it is afterall the woman who has the first and last say in the matter (unless ofcourse she is raped, which everyone accepts as an exemption.)

Mostly what I'm getting at is that Minka is rather confused when it comes to womens rights, as the fetus is not part of the woman per se. Also the fact that she belives that somehow "womens rights" is universal and permits the woman to do away with other living humans, this is wrong - infact rights that are given and not earned, such as womens rights, have very little, if any, value.
I am not confused fuckstick. I just don't believe a fetus is an induvdual human life - I believe the woman has the right to decide what to do with it because it is not a person.

*Minka*

HSC
bshoc said:
Whilst true, only the woman risks preganancy, not the man. Thus as a derivative of responsibility, it is the woman not the man who bears ultimate responsibility - like you keep bitching on about a womans right to her own body, at least try and be consistant.
Actually, you are the one that is sitting here painting all women are murderous bitches who want to conceive babies just so they can run out an have an abortion. I am making the point to you that it takes two people for the pregnancy to occure, so calling women sluts who need to keep their legs shut is unfair and demeaning to all women.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
*Minka* said:
I am not confused fuckstick. I just don't believe a fetus is an induvdual human life - I believe the woman has the right to decide what to do with it because it is not a person.
Your whole argument has been a series of contradictions, firstly you want men to take responsibility for pregnancy whilst at the same time state that they have no say in the matter of the result of that pregnancy, then you bitch on about "womens rights" and forget that 1/2 of the fetuses are female anyway, get your story straight bitch.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
*Minka* said:
Actually, you are the one that is sitting here painting all women are murderous bitches who want to conceive babies just so they can run out an have an abortion. I am making the point to you that it takes two people for the pregnancy to occure, so calling women sluts who need to keep their legs shut is unfair and demeaning to all women.
Not all women, 60000 abortions minus the approximate 10000 legitimate ones per year = 50000 murderous bitches, per year, deminishing per deflator as some women no doubt abort more than once a lifetime.

*Minka*

HSC
bshoc said:
Your whole argument has been a series of contradictions, firstly you want men to take responsibility for pregnancy whilst at the same time state that they have no say in the matter of the result of that pregnancy, then you bitch on about "womens rights" and forget that 1/2 of the fetuses are female anyway, get your story straight bitch.
No, I want you to stop calling women sluts and bitches while conveniently forgetting that men have sex as well.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
*Minka* said:
No, I want you to stop calling women sluts and bitches while conveniently forgetting that men have sex as well.
Men are sluts and bitches too, there are no exceptions, except men dont get pregnant.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
No need for that abuse
There was no need for fuckstick or fuckwit either, but hey, seeing as how you only want to critasize me, who am I to argue?

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Nolanistic said:
Not living.

By the same token, that means that a woman would 'technically' have an abortion every two months through menstruation. That's 2x 1/2 of the material required to create life, thus a waste of life, thus she's evil.
Masturbation and mensturation only get rid of the components of life, not life itself, each has half the required chromosomes for human life, and shares directly the genetic print of its host - as opposed to a fetus which has the full set and whose genetics are unique.

Women having periods is against God.
Do you really think I'm a christian? Perception isnt your strong point.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
bshoc said:
Men are sluts and bitches too, there are no exceptions, except men dont get pregnant.
But are partially responsible for getting her pregnant.

I also feel that a man's say on the potential child is important, so don't think I'm one to push the male aside. Assuming they are a communicating couple, I have a good feeling that men are very influential on deciding whether to have an abortion or not, and thus I find it uneasy when you imply that women are the "murderers" in your posts.

Generator

HSC
N/A
bshoc said:
There was no need for fuckstick or fuckwit either, but hey, seeing as how you only want to critasize me, who am I to argue?
There's no need for that from anyone, no matter the provocation.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
bshoc said:
I didn't see it.
I'll note them both but I hope that's final.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
But are partially responsible for getting her pregnant.

I also feel that a man's say on the potential child is important, so don't think I'm one to push the male aside. Assuming they are a communicating couple, I have a good feeling that men are very influential on deciding whether to have an abortion or not, and thus I find it uneasy when you imply that women are the "murderers" in your posts.
But their opinions are in no way legally binding, thus you either advocate mens rights to their babies and thus joint responsibility, or a woman right to her baby and thus her sole responsibility. You're being unfair if you accord men the responsibility without the rights.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
You're being unfair if you accord men the responsibility without the rights.
If you give men the right to absolve their legal responsibility to the baby however and the mother goes through with it, then society has to pick up any possible slack in absense of the man. The man is at the very least more responsible than society, so should be forced to pick up some of the slack.

You will probably respond with 'No it's all the womans responsibility because she had a choice' - I agree with that, but in the end we're still left with the baby and the woman. If we don't put the responsibility still somewhat into the court of the man involved, then we have to make society as a whole pay for it. I don't think it's as clear cut an issue as a womans abortion rights (to me) but I do think there are some possible practical problems with allowing men to absolve their legal responsibility to the child.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)