The Abortion Debate (continued) (1 Viewer)

K

katie_tully

This thread is enough evidence for leaving abortion legal.

veridis

droog
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
How about

Race is a set of beliefs often, but not necessarily, based upon skin-deep physical differences between people determined in a biological manner whilst religion is a set of beliefs one can choose whether to hold or not :rolleyes:
i can get much more pedantic if you want me to.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
No I'm pretty sure one can objectively determine that black people have different coloured skin to white people, I mean that's not a belief that's just fucking obvious.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure Dan meant race as in the actual differences I referred to not some 10 page sociological definition of race you're thinking of as its socially constructed interpretations and the associated beliefs people hold about race. The whole point is that those beliefs (eg. racism) are wrong because discriminating against people on the basis of minor physical differences is fucking stupid while discrimination on the basis of religion is different since they're voluntary beliefs.

Last edited:

veridis

droog
HSC
but the concept of race is a belief. the point of distinction between races is arbitrary. the exact shade that you define as the boundary between races is arbitrary

i agree that Dan was aiming at a more voluntary/involuntary distinction but as i said i can be mroe pedantic if you want me to.

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
I'm for arbortion, but say an individual has too many e.g. 4 abortions, I think "the system" should put a limit on how many abortions you can have.

beentherdunthat

HSC
I disagree. I think abortion should remain illegal. Otherwise, people might think it's a good idea not to use contraceptives, and reside with the reason 'if i get pregnant, i'll just go to the nearest practitioner and have an abortion, boohoo'

Having a limit on the abortion ??? 4 abortions is pathetic. It's like homicide. Imagine the baby is alive when you have the abortion? I think if it's not alive, and there is a solid reason to have the abortion, then indeed, go for it.

As well, If it's pregnancy through rape, then I do agree to abortion.

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
I disagree. I think abortion should remain illegal. Otherwise, people might think it's a good idea not to use contraceptives, and reside with the reason 'if i get pregnant, i'll just go to the nearest practitioner and have an abortion, boohoo'

Having a limit on the abortion ??? 4 abortions is pathetic. It's like homicide. Imagine the baby is alive when you have the abortion? I think if it's not alive, and there is a solid reason to have the abortion, then indeed, go for it.

As well, If it's pregnancy through rape, then I do agree to abortion.
I think the second point you raised is kinda contradictory to your original point. I agree on your third point though.

But in a broad perspective, abortion is very tormenting experience for a woman, (I've personally known people who have gone through abortions). But it relies heavily on morals and ethics of the person. But it should not be restricted by the law.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
I couldn't imagine the emotional pain of something like that.

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
abortion is leagal tho..??

like my mum had a medical termination; cause if she had another kid the chances of her surviving were extremly slim let along the babys' but i know other people at school that have had 3-4 abortions, like didn't you learn the first time?

Therefore i think a limit to abortions would be sufficient, because since there is no limit , Personally i think that because it is legal and accessible to nearly everyone, they think the option is always there nd can resort to it becuase they can't be fucked to buy condoms or the pill.

By allowing abortion to be legal, it provides a last resort option, but a limit would definately help.

Abortions fuck up the babies lives while possible screwing the mothers womb, leading to inferility.

well thats my point.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
In terms of legality let me put it this way:

The main goal of an abortion is not "to kill a baby", instead it's about removing the fetus from the mothers body. If there was a way to keep the fetus viable that would be great and I'm sure most people would be happy with that but we don't live in that reality. As such, as a side effect of the abortion, the fetus dies. So really the question should be "Does a woman have a right to a choice as to what will be inside her body?"

The answer according to current law is yes, there is no precedent where you are obligated to use your body to keep another's alive. There is no legal precedent to force you to donate bone marrow to someone in dire need of it. You might do it but under no circumstance are you obligated to do so. Thus abortions should be legal in that case.

Better sex education would lead to a lower abortion rate I'm sure but that's a debate for another time.

Also, abortion laws in Australia vary from state to state.

HSC
Oh hey it's the hobbyist abortions thread again, long time no see!

I've changed my mind on what I said here before, I think abortions should be made completely illegal, just in case people decide to casually inflict massive amounts of trauma on themselves because an abortion is super convenient and obviously will appeal to millions as a better option than the use of contraceptives.

Edit: typo!

Last edited:

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
Ennaybur said:
And, please show me all the millions who actually would prefer an abortion to condoms or the pill.
I can't show you but I'll tell who would prefer an abortion to condoms or the pill....stupid and insolant teenage whores who don't pay attention in PDHPE.

K

katie_tully

Abortions fuck up the babies lives while possible screwing the mothers womb, leading to inferility.
I don't know man, they're dead so I don't know how much life fucking is going on.

For the record, obesity, drugs, alcoholism and two headed sperm also cause infertility.

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
katie_tully said:
I don't know man, they're dead so I don't know how much life fucking is going on.

For the record, obesity, drugs, alcoholism and two headed sperm also cause infertility.
sorry for blurring the lines but, before the abortion the baby is living breathing or embryo which ever, then after the abortion they are screwed/fucked/dead.

I didn't say that abortions are the ONLY cause to infertility in women, I simply stated with the 4+ abortions your chances of becoming infertile from the abortion procedure would of have increased, and therfore there should be a limit on how many abortions a mother could have.
http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Abortion_procedures?OpenDocument

Some complications with abortions incluce
Haemorrhage – bleeding after an abortion should be similar to the bleeding experienced during a normal menstrual period. Heavy bleeding may indicate that pieces of the placenta remained inside the uterus. The treatment for this is to do a repeat suction curettage of the uterus. Blood transfusion is rarely required.
Injury to the uterus – the walls of the uterus are muscular but soft. A suction tube or knife can puncture the uterus, potentially causing abdominal infection (peritonitis) and severe blood loss.
Injury to the cervix – the cervix opening is stretched during an abortion. This can occasionally cause the cervix to become weakened, or ‘incompetent’. An incompetent cervix can cause problems in later pregnancies, because it might be too weak to remain fully closed under the weight of a growing foetus.
Infection – a fever (high temperature) may indicate pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), or infection of the uterus and fallopian tubes. Damaged fallopian tubes increase a woman’s risk of experiencing a future ectopic (tubal) pregnancy, which means her fertilised egg lodges in the fallopian tube instead of the uterus. If a woman already has the sexually transmitted disease chlamydia, her risk of PID increases. Retained pieces of placenta can also cause local infection. Treatment includes antibiotics.
Now, imagine that happening multiple times. DO you think they'd be infertile yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)