• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Abortion Debate (continued) (3 Viewers)

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
Yeah most abortions are for medical reasons, I cannot believe no one can get this through their heads?
Yeah 60000 women a year have genuine, medicinal reasons for their abortions.

'tard.

Also beentherdunthat, you're not just willy nilly going to ignore contraception and think 'Hey I can get an abortion', that's just downright stupid, you can however say "Hey we'll use contraception and there's an alternative route that we can take if the contraception fails (Which is highly unlikely) so that we're not forced into a situation we can't deal with at this point in time."
If you can't deal with the consequences of something, one shouldn't undertake the activity in the first place. I don't see killing an unborn child as a legitimate way out.

And if you think about it from a purely catholic perspective, if you dip the abortion tools in holy water before you perform the abortion you get to perform a baptism AND an abortion!

That kid is going somewhere straight away and it's NOT Hell.
Dude sign up for Stand Up Australia!!

You're lame and unfunny enough to meet their standards.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Re: 回复: Re: The Abortion Debate (continued)

katie_tully said:
I believe pro choice won. Again. Go freedom.

Freedom 1 - Freedom hating fascists 0
I was under the impression that fascists were about genocide? To the tune of 60000 people a year, and god knows how many worldwide.

A society where one person is given absolute power over the life of another is a true fascist society, a genuine free society is one that protects all its citizens, especially the innocent.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
It's hilarious because in most of these debates when people are anti abortion they assume that the abortionists are so morally corrupt and evil that they have some kind of 'customer loyalty' system. Abort 6 babies and get the 7th and 8th FREE!

Also I'm trebly stoked because my mum is the only person in the state who can legally prescribe RU486. Smoke it Abbott.
I hope someone prescribes your mum some RU486, a few bottles in fact, for her to consume in one night.

K

katie_tully

After reading the last few pages, I think beentherdunthat should have been aborted in retrospect.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Also, most contraceptive pills are an abortive agent if 'overdosed' on. It isn't recommended, but hey, it's legal!

Danny Avram

HSC

Abortionists and their patients are facists? Hardly kiddo. Tell me when you think the newborn is actually considered a living human being.

K

katie_tully

Newborns are humans. Who on earth is disputing that! That's bad science.

K

katie_tully

HalcyonSky said:
on one hand, i dont believe the slaying of a foetus is immoral
on the other, i hate the sluts that get 'accidentally' pregnant in the first place and think they should be made to suffer. Maybe this could be achieved by forcing the mother to eat the foetus after aborting it.
Worst attempt at a troll. Ever.

Danny Avram

HSC

katie_tully said:
Newborns are humans. Who on earth is disputing that! That's bad science.
I don't think I explained myself clear enough. For decades the medical community has debated at what time in the embryo, foetus or birth-stage the organism can be called a human being. At the embryonic stage the 'human being' doesn't have a brain yet. Should the organism be classified as a human being and be allowed all it's legal rights even though it hasn't developed the fundamental human characteristic, intelligence? In the abortion debate don't you think this justifies for such surgeries to be carried out in the embryonic stage?

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

Danny Avram said:
I don't think I explained myself clear enough. For decades the medical community has debated at what time in the embryo, foetus or birth-stage the organism can be called a human being. At the embryonic stage the 'human being' doesn't have a brain yet. Should the organism be classified as a human being and be allowed all it's legal rights even though it hasn't developed the fundamental human characteristic, intelligence? In the abortion debate don't you think this justifies for such surgeries to be carried out in the embryonic stage?
I'm for abortion and my stance has always been if it cannot live outside of the womb by itself, it's not a viable organism and therefore the mothers rights are paramount.

I have problems with the whole 'is it a human' argument, and quite frankly I think it's an irrelevent argument. People try and demonise abortion by playing on emotions; people are less likely to agree with abortion when they're faced with the prospect of 'killing a baby'.

I think it's a human from the day of conception. I mean, it's not a freakin cat is it? But I don't think that the rights of a foetus should be taken into consideration over the rights of a mother before that foetus is even able to sustain life on its own.

K

katie_tully

HalcyonSky said:
troll? no.
You were trolling. You're full of shit. If you're going to pollute this thread with bullshit like that maybe it's time to evaluate your place on this planet.

Translated, I'm telling you to contribute properly or fuck off.

HalcyonSky

HSC
Relax woman, just because i mentioned sluts and accidental impregnation doesnt mean i was referring to you.

I'll reword my opinion for your sensitive self:

I support abortion, but only for legitimate cases. A girl goes around fucking every guy in sight and gets pregnant; this constitutes an illegitimate case. But of course theres no way to determine this and its highly discriminatory, so meh.

Last edited:

Quiet Please

HSC
N/A
Interesting to see that everyone who supports abortion has been born already......

If 'it' isn't a baby, then you're not pregnant, so what are you aborting?

K

katie_tully

Quiet Please said:
Interesting to see that everyone who supports abortion has been born already......

If 'it' isn't a baby, then you're not pregnant, so what are you aborting?
The growing parasite within ones womb?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)