The Abortion Debate (continued) (3 Viewers)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
boris said:
21 weeks. Holy hell.

I've seen first hand what is required to keep a 30 week baby alive, let alone 21.

Don't babies who are born this premature often go on to have respiratory problems later in life?
Respiratory problems, pulmonary problems, immune system problems, you name it.

jazzbaby

HSC
aw i dont know like sometimes its out of your control like if ur doctor advises u..but i still think its wrong to take a life.

HSC
Quiet Please said:
Day 1: Conception - a unique human life begins

3 weeks: Heart beats with baby's own blood

6 weeks: Brainwaves detected

8 weeks: Baby is kicking, fingerprints form

9 weeks: Baby can hear, turn head, and frown, hiccup, and react to loud noises

11 weeks: All bodily systems are functioning. Baby can grasp, yawn, suck and swallow, as well as feel and smell

12 weeks: Bodily parts that enable pain sensation are in place

13 to 15 weeks: A baby's taste buds resemble a mature adult's. The baby tastes the flavours of its mother's meals through the amniotic fluid

20 weeks: Baby can recognise its mother's voice

21 weeks: Babies born at this stage are sometimes saved

28 weeks: Baby breathes amniotic fluid, moves and kicks

34 weeks: Baby opens and closes eyes

38-40 weeks: Birth
So, when is the best time for baking it? I've heard that any time after 12 weeks is fine because that way it can feel what's going on, but I'm curious as to whether the meat produced varies in quality (particularly interested in moisture content, both prior to and after cooking). Any information you could provide would be fantastic, thanks.

Quiet Please

HSC
N/A
Jill Stanek is a nurse who discovered babies were being aborted alive and shelved to die in soiled utility rooms while working at a hospital in Illinois and since has been a strong advocate against partial-birth and live-birth abortions.

“I don't recall mentioning religion when I testified against live-birth abortion. I only recall describing a live aborted baby I held in a hospital soiled utility room until he died, and a live aborted baby who was accidentally thrown into the trash,” she told WorldNetDaily.

keep laughing you freaks......

boris

Banned
HSC
Quiet Please said:
Jill Stanek is a nurse who discovered babies were being aborted alive and shelved to die in soiled utility rooms while working at a hospital in Illinois and since has been a strong advocate against partial-birth and live-birth abortions.

“I don't recall mentioning religion when I testified against live-birth abortion. I only recall describing a live aborted baby I held in a hospital soiled utility room until he died, and a live aborted baby who was accidentally thrown into the trash,” she told WorldNetDaily.

She also said
I had specifically chosen to work at Christ Hospital because it was a Christian hospital and not involved, so I thought, in abortion.
It hurt so much that the very place these abortions were being committed was at a hospital named after my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Dude, get out.

http://www.priestsforlife.org/testimony/jillstanektestimony.htm

That looks to me like mentioning religion.

boris

Banned
HSC
The other was to attempt to change Christ Hospital’s abortion practice. Then, I read a Scripture that spoke directly to me and my situation. Proverbs 24:11-12 says, "Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die. Don’t try to disclaim responsibility by saying you didn’t know about it. For God, who knows all hearts, knows yours, and he knows you knew! And he will reward everyone according to his deeds." I decided that to quit at that point would be irresponsible and disobedient to God. Sure, I might be more comfortable if I left the hospital, but babies would continue to die.
:rolleyes:

boris

Banned
HSC
Also you twit, this was over 8 years ago, before they banned partial birth abortions at 18-22 weeks in 2003.

HSC
Quiet Please said:

So much wasted lunchmeat... life! :(

*Minka*

HSC
Most abortions are not late term or partial birth except in circumstances such as severe feotal defects or threat to the life of the mother. Most abortions occur early on when the woman decides they don't want a pregnancy and seek the abortion as soon as possible. The vast majority of women still pregnant at 25 or so weeks want the baby and only abort in circumstances such as those I just mentioned, such as the feotus being brain dead.

boris

Banned
HSC
*Minka* said:
Most abortions are not late term or partial birth except in circumstances such as severe feotal defects or threat to the life of the mother. Most abortions occur early on when the woman decides they don't want a pregnancy and seek the abortion as soon as possible. The vast majority of women still pregnant at 25 or so weeks want the baby and only abort in circumstances such as those I just mentioned, such as the feotus being brain dead.
...Okay

If a woman got to 25 weeks and suddenly the foetus was shown to be braindead then I'm not sure whether it'd be considered an abortion anyway. If a baby of 25 weeks is suddenly braindead, chances are the woman will just miscarry it or it would have to be surgically removed via C section.

Ya'll need to go google stuff.

boris

Banned
HSC
Good point, I haven't seen an opinion on abortion in ectopic pregnancies yet.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
boris said:
..I took exception to Day 1 when a human life began.

I don't think so.
Wait, so if there is no difference between a child at day one and week 25? Can't I kill a 3 year old if they get annoying?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
seano77 said:
Wait, so if there is no difference between a child at day one and week 25? Can't I kill a 3 year old if they get annoying?
Okay. I think you've misunderstood the discussion. Read the conversation again perhaps.

Or re-address your problem with abortion. :)

boris

Banned
HSC
I don't know, I don't see why you can't kill an annoying three year old.

You just can't call it abortion man, I don't need you to taint our argument further.

We already have the blood of innocent civillians on our hands.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I honestly think they just didn't read the thread.

These 08'ers keep coming into my forum, making a mess, and never coming back :(

seano77

Walk On
HSC
If abortion is ok and the murder of a young child is wrong, then what makes the 'fetus' in the womb less of a human than a young child?

boris

Banned
HSC
seano77 said:
If abortion is ok and the murder of a young child is wrong, then what makes the 'fetus' in the womb less of a human than a young child?
This has been rehashed about 3975394 times in this thread, so I suggest you take the time to read the proposed distinctions between a fetus and a three year old child.

Jess007

HSC
i feotus is not classified as a human until 20 weeks,

did no one hear of the lady who had a misscarriage at 19 weeks and they couldnt name it beacuse it was not legally a human being?

and abortion might be the only answer for some teen age girls. what if they got raped and obvisouly didnt want a kid.

Schroedinger said:
Please to be reading the thread otherwise women who have miscarriages should be charged under Manslaughter legislation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)