The Abortion Debate (continued) (1 Viewer)

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Salchow said:
I know...

but in my opinion, it does affect two, just because someone cannot speak doesn't mean they don't know about it all.

I just meant that...well, respect people's choices and beliefs, yeah?!...whether they think it's one or two.
I would never respect a belief i think is wrong.....but i would respect a person's right to have their belief:)
Good on you for saying what you think:) Even tho it is Politically Incorrect:)

Salchow

HSC
*TRUE* said:
I would never respect a belief i think is wrong.....but i would respect a person's right to have their belief:)
Good on you for saying what you think:) Even tho it is Politically Incorrect:)
I agree with you - I wouldn't respect the belief alone, but I'd be okay with their right to choose. I't an awkward place lol.

I didn't mean a personal "outlash" when I'd said "respect people and don't judge", I hadn't read any other posts, really, but thought I'd add my 2 cents worth without any influences from previous posts. I wanted my first post here to be my opinion only. I knew there'd be people who're totally against abortion and those who are for it, thus...I wish no conflict and personal attacks based on that alone.

Well, politics can only go so far. It's a war zone and believe it or not, politics involves human emotion and is therefore a mortal arena with errors. Although there are several war religions, but as a Buddhist, I leave everyone to it. Basically I choose what I believe is right and everyone else should have this choice too, based on their own destinies.

Although we believe that there's a soul (or more) inside once conception takes place, we don't force people to follow this. We show you what you can't see, but in no way do the Buddhists say: We're the only one to believe.

You take your time to learn, lifetimes maybe, but in the end you'll reach enlightenment.

Last edited:

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Salchow said:
I agree with you - I wouldn't respect the belief, but I'd be okay with their right to choose.

I didn't mean a personal 'outlash" when I'd said "respect people and don't judge", I hadn't read any other posts, really, but thought I'd add my 2 cents worth without any influences from previous posts. I wanted my first post here to be my opinion only. I knew there'd be people who're totally against abortion and those who are for it, thus...I wish no conflict and personal attacks based on that alone.

Well, politics can only go so far. It's a war zone and believe it or not, politics involves human emotion and is therefore a mortal arena. Although there are several war religions, but as a Buddhist, I leave everyone to it. Basically I choose what I believe is right and everyone else should have this choice too, based on their own destinies.
Hmm thats interesting.....
But what if someone decides that it is right for them to hack someone to death? How can everyone always choose what is right for them? Sounds like chaos to me? There really must be a universal RIGHT and WRONG... That originates somewhere?
Thats ok Salchow , i knew you werent having a go at me:)
Also , im just not sure that i agree that everyone should make choices based only on their own 'destinies' as i think almost any choice you make will affect someone else - in some way:)

Last edited:

Salchow

HSC
*TRUE* said:
Hmm thats interesting.....
But what if someone decides that it is right for them to hack someone to death? How can everyone always choose what is right for them? Sounds like chaos to me? There really must be a universal RIGHT and WRONG... That originates somewhere?
Thats ok Salchow , i knew you werent having a go at me:)
Also , im just not sure that i agree that everyone should make choices based only on their own 'destinies' as i think almost any choice you make will affect someone else - in some way:)
Yeah, there is universal right and wrong...where like, 99% of the sane population wouldn't do a particular thing, such as outright cold murder.

There're other issues, like abortion, euthanasia...that people'll always debate about.

I was aiming straight and only at the abortion debate when I mentioned individual destinies. Some say it's solely the woman's choice, as it's her body, but it'll just be selfish if she just considers herself.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Salchow said:
Yeah, there is universal right and wrong...where like, 99% of the sane population wouldn't do a particular thing, such as outright cold murder.

There're other issues, like abortion, euthanasia...that people'll always debate about.

I was aiming straight and only at the abortion debate when I mentioned individual destinies as well.
OH! Im sorry i misunderstood you!
Yeah I know. People wont ever stop debating those things. My thinking though is that perhaps they are definately either right or wrong. Truth is truth for me, i dont think i could be satisfied with anything less:)

Salchow

HSC
*TRUE* said:
OH! Im sorry i misunderstood you!
Yeah I know. People wont ever stop debating those things. My thinking though is that perhaps they are definately either right or wrong. Truth is truth for me, i dont think i could be satisfied with anything less:)
I'm not a yes-person but I agree with what you've said.

There is absolute truth, but we're all blinded by the material world. I'm happy with my following the truth, but if others want something different, then well, they're still learning in this life. No rush.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Truth is truth for me, i dont think i could be satisfied with anything less:)
Caramel is better than strawberry, true or false?

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
KFunk said:
Caramel is better than strawberry, true or false?
I like strawberry best:). I see your point.
But strawberry contains manganese TRUE OR FALSE?

Besodeiah

Banned
HSC
N/A
When the fuck did a foetus become the topic for debate over strawberry vs. placenta.

I fucking hate you trolls so bad.

Salchow

HSC
Besodeiah said:
When the fuck did a foetus become the topic for debate over strawberry vs. placenta.

I fucking hate you trolls so bad.
It's called metaphor.

Caramel vs. Strawberry. There's no absolute "better one", is there? So are people's choices over the more important issue. To abort or not? Depends on your circumstances. To me, it should be legalized, but it would never be a moral thing to do if you did something immoral to begin with - if you don't care about your body, love, etc. etc.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
my opinion

generally no abortion is wrong...
BUT...
i think it is ok if:
- the mothers health is harmed
- the baby has some disease/disability that will cause it to have a poor quality/shortened life

but its a big call to make...
what about rape babies?

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Salchow said:
It's called metaphor.

Caramel vs. Strawberry. There's no absolute "better one", is there?
It's nice when someone gets the point. Facetious? Perhaps a little. Trolling? Not intentionally, though it seems I 'succeeded' nonetheless.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Yeah. What about rape babies? By your logic, it's still wrong to terminate a foetus that the mother did not consent to conceive.

Salchow

HSC
Kwayera said:
Yeah. What about rape babies? By your logic, it's still wrong to terminate a foetus that the mother did not consent to conceive.
I delibrately left that point out...and the one about health etc.

One can still be pro-choice there and with choice, they can choose to keep. I'm more proud of those who choose to keep. People just choose what's easy over what's right at times. Miracles happen, don't they? Babies might survive, you might love them to death...and there're cases where babies have even saved mothers by taking away their cancer cells and then dying. On can also argue that you might not be able to support the child or you'd be kicked out...

...so abortion should be legalized, but in almost all cases - except for rape perhaps (where you should take an emergency pill anyway, though), you've done killing.

Still, I support pro-choice.

Where there's a choice, there's a way.

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
"You've done killing."

Hmm. I'm not quire sure you understand, then, but it's good that you appreciate the importance of choice.

There are also cases where pregnancy has given mothers gestational diabetes, which did not resolve as usual with childbirth and the mother, after 10 years on dialysis, has now had to have liver, kidney and pancreatic transplants. But that's neither here nor there.

Besodeiah

Banned
HSC
N/A
Salchow said:
It's called metaphor.

Caramel vs. Strawberry. There's no absolute "better one", is there? So are people's choices over the more important issue. To abort or not? Depends on your circumstances. To me, it should be legalized, but it would never be a moral thing to do if you did something immoral to begin with - if you don't care about your body, love, etc. etc.
Well actually there is a better one.

It's called chocolate.

Besodeiah

Banned
HSC
N/A
Salchow said:
I delibrately left that point out...and the one about health etc.

One can still be pro-choice there and with choice, they can choose to keep. I'm more proud of those who choose to keep. People just choose what's easy over what's right at times. Miracles happen, don't they? Babies might survive, you might love them to death...and there're cases where babies have even saved mothers by taking away their cancer cells and then dying. On can also argue that you might not be able to support the child or you'd be kicked out...

...so abortion should be legalized, but in almost all cases - except for rape perhaps (where you should take an emergency pill anyway, though), you've done killing.

Still, I support pro-choice.

Where there's a choice, there's a way.
Why. What is so noble about keeping a kid? I know one woman with 7 kids who really should have aborted them all, if not for their own sake but for mine.

and there're cases where babies have even saved mothers by taking away their cancer cells and then dying
WAT?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Besodeiah said:
Actually that's not that far-fetched. In certain biotoxins this can happen - for example in orcas that are contaminated with PCBs, the toxins accumulate in a fetus (which is miscarried) - thus pregnancy can indeed "clean out" the system of toxins.

But I don't know if it works that way for humans and cancer, considering cancer is a mutation rather than a contaminant.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
There is actually an interesting phenomenon where stem cells from the unborn child can implant in the mother (most notable when cells with a 46 XY karyotype are found in the mother - often around the ribs if I recall correctly?). I'm not sure about this but I seem to remember a study being mentioned to me which showed that women who have gone through pregnancy have slightly improved recovery rates for certain types of lesion/disease. Nor can I remember how common an occurence they think such cell migration is. I might have to do a bit of research on this once I get past my barrier exams in a few days (BoS procrastination is a baby rug - to keep my metaphors topical).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)