Votes: 64 62.7%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 10 9.8%

• Total voters

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Davriel said:
G'day, just me with my usual strange questions. Now, I know a lot of people will be shocked, but I am a firm believer in chivalry. In case you don't know what that means, it's the kind of thing where a guy will open a door for his partner etc

Here's my question:

For the guys: Would you act the gentleman? And what kind of things would you do?

For the ladies: Would you like chivalry? Why/Why not?
Who the fuck are you?

What usual strange questions?

I can't recall any other moronic topics by you and this particular one is not strange, it is just shit.

HSC
N/A
Personally, I seriously can't be stuffed. I believe in common courtesy, but on an equal basis. If a guy waits for a girl to go through a door first or picks up something she could pick up (I'm talking strangers here) then that's just annoying.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Emma-Jayde said:
I like it, it's sweet. But it's not something
Thats how I would put it, its nice but I don't expect it. I think most girls would be happy with it provided it is done with the intent of doing something nice but knowing the girl can open the door for herself..

I was so not used to it that on a first date with my b/f when he opened the car door for me I said "Ahh aren't you driving?". I've alson had oldies in my law classes open the door for me, so no I don't think its dead.

Davriel

HSC
N/A
brogan77 said:
Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove the speck from your eye'; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
For one with intelligence and a somewhat unjudgemental personality, are you not aware that being one of the few who see the world as it truly is is a gift. Remember, in the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
Does that mean you're a bigger asshole?
Whilst I do joke, and I am sure that you're quite a gent, dieburndie, I do hope that you do have some semblance of respect for your surrounds and fellow peeps.:)
Yeah I only posted that like 600 years ago. Why don't you shut the fuck up and kill yourself.

aerial_cowboy

HSC
i belive in it, i open doors and offer seats and that to all of my friends who are gals i always offer to pay even wen out with friends but i dont insist on it if a girl wants to be independant then let her.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
aerial_cowboy said:
i belive in it, i open doors and offer seats and that to all of my friends who are gals i always offer to pay even wen out with friends but i dont insist on it if a girl wants to be independant then let her.
a) who are you?
b) why did you bump this dinosaur of a thread?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
jumb said:
a) who are you?
b) why did you bump this dinosaur of a thread?
a) aerial cowboy
b) to let us know that he belives in the age of chivalry, he opens doors and offers seats and that to all of his friends who are gals, he always offers to pay even wen out with friends, but he doesnt insist on it because he believes that if a girl wants to be independant then you ought to let her.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
i dont really like the idea of chivalry, i prefer common courtesy. Making out like women are fragile and need to be protected i find a little patronising. Opening a door just for them, carrying stuff for them and basically acting like a little pussy whipped servant wont get you sex, at best you will get pity but most likely you will just get taken advantage of.

I prefer to treat girls like i treat men, as perfectly equal people who i dont need to talk down to or treat differently.

Guys dont put pussy on a pedestal, dont treat girls special just for sex, they dont like that.

Ged Janet

HSC
i don't think chivalry is dead. I think it's not as common as it used to be, but a lot of guys still do that stuff for females... ie. hold the door open, let them walk onto a bus first etc. I think it's really sweet and polite actually :)

PS. Davriel, what do you think about chivalry?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Serius said:
I prefer to treat girls like i treat men, as perfectly equal people who i dont need to talk down to or treat differently.
Don't think too many girls enjoy anal shenanigans or WHAM.

CieL

HSC
I reckon it's really rare..

People dont really care anymore..

It's like how the other day my bf n I went grocery shopping.. altho he paid for all the stuff, I was holding about 10kgs worth of stuff whilst he was slowly putting the receipt away in his wallet.. until I hit his ass with the bag of OJ and milk that he offered to carry it..

Oh, and screw the door opening thing.. He goes in first then I have to be lightening quick to zip into the house to avoid the door crashing into my face..

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
CieL said:
I reckon it's really rare..

People dont really care anymore..

It's like how the other day my bf n I went grocery shopping.. altho he paid for all the stuff, I was holding about 10kgs worth of stuff whilst he was slowly putting the receipt away in his wallet.. until I hit his ass with the bag of OJ and milk that he offered to carry it..

Oh, and screw the door opening thing.. He goes in first then I have to be lightening quick to zip into the house to avoid the door crashing into my face..
Its rare, but then those who do offer that set of 'attitudes' are considered old fashioned, friends or gay.

So make up yer damn minds. :p

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
a couple years ago, i stood up to let a woman sit down on the bus (this was when I was in school, so it wouldn't have mattered if it was an old woman, young woman, pregnant woman, old dude, whatever), and she completely told me off for standing up. women are a liberated race, and they don't need handouts from men anymore.
i sat back down.

having said that, i do agree - chivalry has more evolved into common courtesy.

Bethi

HSC
I've changed schools from a public school to a private school for year 11 and 12. Chilvary isn't dead... it's just not as common. Stupid girls think that by *gasp* opening the door for theselves they're suddenly liberated.

Chilvary is sweet and i appreciate people who put in the effort. Don't shoot guys down just because they are actually being polite. Isn't that obvious?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)