The Amazing Race 6 (1 Viewer)

B

badhairday

yeh i hate the hellboy guy and the dysfunctional couple. All the teams seem pretty ordinary this series but i reckon kris and jon will end up winning

Seabiscuit

HSC
I think Jonathan should be really careful about how he's acting! He pushed his wife in lat ngiht's show, and in the preview of next week's show it shows him almost hitting her. He seems like quite the wife-beater.

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
How can you script a show like that?

The interviewers can [and do] prompt certain responses out of people, and they can edit things in a way that puts together two sentences said at different times. Also stuff can be taken out of context.
However as I said, the scenes where Jonathan is being a jerk consistently are ones where it's obvious they haven't edited anything, it's all him talking to the camera.

Anyone who believes that Jonathan acts that way because it was scripted is really wrong.

Some of the other teams will mention later on that they went into the race aiming to portray characters different from themselves in order to better their chances of winning, but they couldn't keep up the facade.

As for Meredith and Maria having car troubles seemingly at a different time to the others completing the task - it's possible. The show didn't say it was at exactly the same time.
If you dislike the show then that's fine, but nitpicking unnecessarily doesn't achieve anything. One episode is edited from around 200-300 hours of footage, I'd imagine it could be difficult to keep the times exactly straight. Often they edit things to make them look like they're closer together than they actually occurred for easier viewing.

I can't wait for next week's finale. :D

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Argonaut said:
The controversial couple will stay in for ages - the woman admitted it was scripted, and I rekon the WHOLE SHOW is scripted.
Jonathon has publically stated thet he intended to act that way to get airtime. But seriously if you're on a show that demanding any supeficial layers will wash away to reveal ones true self.

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
Yup, and Jonathan also thinks he is a superhero and edits posts on his website to make them complimentary towards him. ;)
He has some serious self-image and self-esteem issues.

One of the other racers actually says he goes all Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde on them. Having other teams think you're psychotic doesn't really bode well if you want them to help you out.

routemarker

HSC
Its just very disturbing when he just shouts YEAH WERE NUMBER ONE !!!!!!! Victoria goes no were not and then HE demands an apology.

If you watch the next episode preview you can see victoria flinch when jonathon is carrying on in the cab. The ikea task looks to be a big equaliser and a chance to catch up.

LOL i cracked up when lori grabbed Phil and gave him the shock of his life.

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
haha classic!!!

There arent any soccer mums/grandmas/bowling mums. Obviously they've seen that young people are always the best in the race cos the only older couples are Don & Mary Jean and Gus & Hera (well one of them is older anyway).

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Well didn't the bowling mums come 4th..so they didn't do so badly.

I can't stand that blue haired dude. I never thought i could like some1 less then Colin but he makes Colin look like a fabulous, sensitive guy.

I also don't like that chic that made her bf do the skating thing when he didn't know how to skate.

Classic pic of Phil. He's my fav reality tv host after Jeff.

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
Sweets said:
He's my fav reality tv host after Jeff.
Yeah no host can ever top Jeff Probst.

Is there a probster fan club? Because i want to join.

I can only imagine if Mirna was on Survivor what she'd be liked about the host.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
do u think channel 7 will go straight into TAR7 if it gets good ratings?
or wait awhile to show it over here?

routemarker

HSC
mizz_smee said:
do u think channel 7 will go straight into TAR7 if it gets good ratings?
or wait awhile to show it over here?
I dont know. there are feeling over there ive heard that they dont want to rush the series. I've suggested on another net forum that seven should play TAR6 after DH and Lost and build on that +2million audience.

Something tells me they wont dare make the momentum stop. TAR is the higest rating imported reality show on at the moment. I dont think survivor will beat it now. seven have finally had some sence to make this quality show work for them.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i would love 2 eps of the amazing race a week
i hope they do.... it is an awsome show...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)