The Amazing Race (1 Viewer)

mishka

HSC
N/A
i hope they also win a holiday or something because you wouldn't get to see much!! also, i loved last night's episode - they were in uruguay... what a way to practise for my Spanish exam!! except their Spanish was pretty crap, all they could say was "gracias, senor, pronto" it was annoying me!! :)

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Jase said:
Arn't these repeats?
No theyre not, its season 5, it ended about a month or so ago in the US and all over the world.

Watch out for charla amnd mirna, they are a surprisingly good team.

I hate the twins tho.

Next week...more cows!

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
^ I hate the twins too

Don't they have some sort of medical team or doctor that travels with the crew? - coz I thought they might have a look at the military guys leg.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
do they have a film crew with every single team? cos how else would they be able to track them..? it must be very expensive

routemarker

HSC
johnson said:
do they have a film crew with every single team? cos how else would they be able to track them..? it must be very expensive
I think there is a sound guy and cameraman for every team, at airprots, detours, roadblocks there are zone cameramen ready to take shots form any angle.

Teams must purchase 4 ticks on every flight 2 for them and 2 for crew. If there isnt enough seats for the 4 of them they can go, of they are upgraded crew get the upgraded seats.

When team get into a cab the cameraman stays outside and films them driving off, the taxi then stops and the camera man gets in.

It is a big task which is why its the best show on TV.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
fark, that old army military dude was as fucken tank...

see his leg, and he went on like nothing was happening.
tank!

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
routemarker said:
When team get into a cab the cameraman stays outside and films them driving off, the taxi then stops and the camera man gets in.
So then if the camerman is too slow.. a team could potentially loose? or will the team be given exception because it was the crews fault?

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
all the teams have the same problem

and id imagine the crew couldnt possibly get them on film all the time, maybe arrange to meet up later- because if a 2 or more groups r travelling together there is no need for 2 or more film crews

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
eLmo said:
yes but for example if a camerman falls over or something - then what?
well i'm sure a lot of shit happens that we don't see on tv, they are editing potentially hundreds of hours of footage (11 teams x real-time hours of each leg of the race) into one hour of television time.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
eLmo said:
^ I hate the twins too

Don't they have some sort of medical team or doctor that travels with the crew? - coz I thought they might have a look at the military guys leg.
Yeah they do. That medical guy made the dad get stitches didnt he? Or was that a paramedic?

routemarker

HSC
well i think medical staff are a last resort, they will try to make sure a team can get their own medical care after all it is reality tv. If its in a desert then i guess medics will be sent to them.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
I assume they can get to medics at the pit stop.

As for cameramen fallling over, if you have seen other series you would know that sometimes they encounter "production difficulties" that give them time credits.

I thought the team of cousisn (with the little person in it) was annoying, simply beacuse that kept on saying "why is no-one helping us". No-one is helping anyone, it's a race, get over yourselves.

That trick with he planes was mean, but good. And two equlaisers in the first leg, interesting.

The "yeild" sounds like and interesting concept, but I hope they havn't ditched roadblocks or fastfowards. I am curious to know what the suprise difficulty is that befalls those last to non-elimnation pit stops.

Lastly, there seems to be a lot of ways in this series to make teams fall way behind. That seems like a bad idea on the production comapnies behalf, you want close finshes at every pitstop ...

routemarker

HSC
well Since the yield is introduced in this race there will only be 2 fast forwards avaliable in the entire race.

wont spoil the twist for coming last in non-elims but its jaw droppping.

Good news "The Amazing Race" pulled 942k for Seven, which the net will be thrilled with. That's a 84% improvement on what "Playing It Straight" was doing for it's 8.30 hour. That's also the best numbers for Seven all year in the 8.30 Thursday slot. For it's last 30 minutes, when it went head to head with the Donald, "The Amazing Race" thumped Nine's season prem of "The Apprentice" which got 711k, down about 28% on the average for shows first season, and down about 46% on what Nine was getting in the 9.30 hour with "The Footy Show"

Last edited:

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Love this fucking show. I never knew so many other people watched it. Espiacially seeing as though it was on at like 11:30 last season. Midget=beast. Bitchy wife=gay. Good to see the ratings were high. It will no doubt hold its timeslot :)

Brad

The Army guys daughter was a bitch... that midget was saying at one point. "lets work together" and the daughter completely ignored her. Then at the trees the daughter was like "Shhh dont tell them we got one." so when they couldnt find the box yet the midget could, they went, well they didnt want to go with us so screw them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)