• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Anime Thread (3 Viewers)

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
oh n does neone know where i could dl full metal alchemist torrents....possibly not like all eps in 1 torrent...with eng sub not dub...?
Nup, but you don't have a choice since its licensed soo... alternatively:

http://www.mininova.org/sub/93

Use BitComet and you can select which episodes to download individially from KAA batch torrents (KAA FTW). If you want to watch more, click on the torrent and pick the episodes you want to download. Your better off doing that and as long your PC supports mkv. You'll be okay.

BTW, Babelfish is your friend. Even though if the translations are too literate. It's better than nothing. =)

Last edited:

sniper_m4a1

HSC
N/A
oh n has da fma movie actually like cum out yet...liek has anyone sub or dubbed it?

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
sniper_m4a1 said:
oh n has da fma movie actually like cum out yet...liek has anyone sub or dubbed it?
Vintage: 2005
Premiere date: 2005-07-23 (Japan)

And nope, it hasn't.

funniboi

HSC
one piece is pretty cool

i'm awaitin on getting the next batch (71 - 130 for me) then i need to burn em and make space and get the rest

i wont bother watching the movies just yet (but ill get them anyway)

tenjo tenge is pretty cool tho too much talkin and the chick has fucken big tits and you always see her undies. lol!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
The dubbing has made enjoying Stand Alone Complex rather impossible. Worst dubbing since Love Hina or Eva.

malkin86

HSC
Documentary: Ghibli: The Miyazaki Temple

Wednesday 28th September at 10.00 pm

Ghibli: The Miyazaki Temple, screening on SBS Television on Wednesday, 28 September at 10 pm, looks at the growth of Japanese animated cinema through the world of director Miyazaki and his Ghibli studio – and introduces a wonderful season of Miyazaki films.

Hayao Miyazaki is one of Japan’s greatest animation directors. The entertaining plots, compelling characters and breathtaking animation in his films have earned him international renown from critics as well as both national and international recognition.

Named after a WWI Italian scout plane (from an Arabic word for the hot wind that blows across the desert in North Africa), Studio Ghibli (pronounced “Jee-blee”) was formed in the mid-1980s by Hayo Miyazaki, Isao Takahata and Toshio Suzuki.

The documentary presents Japanese animated cinema through a journey into the universe of director Hayao Miyazaki and his Ghibli studio. Through interviews with fellow Ghibli filmmaker Isao Takahata, Ghibli President Toshio Suzuki and French comic artist Jean ‘Moebius’ Giraud, we get to know the man who delivered some of the most inspiring visuals and incomparable landscapes and characters ever seen in animation.

A season of Miyazaki films will be screened on SBS Television starting with Porco Rosso after the documentary at 11.00 pm on 28 September. On 5 October at 10 pm Laputa: Castle in the Sky will screen followed by Nausicaa of the Valley of the Winds on Wednesday 12 October. On Wednesday 19 October Kiki's Delivery Service will screen followed by Spirited Away on the 26 October.

This movie season movies includes revoiced versions with various talent including Michael Keaton, Kirsten Dunst and Uma Thurman.

Including clips from Miyazaki’s latest Howl’s Moving Castle, Spirited Away and The Grave of the Fireflies, the documentary shows what has influenced Japanese animation over the years and what differentiates it from Western animation. The documentary ends with an interview between the elusive Hayao Miyazaki and French comic artist Moebius – who introduced Miyazaki’s films to Europe. Both artists held a joint exhibition of their works in Paris in March-April 2005.
XD I can't wait! Especially because Cary Elwes is in Porco Rosso... :eek:

funniboi

HSC
lol i remeber porco rosso

i havnt seen it in ages tho
whens it on?

kouri

well w t f
HSC
WTF
SBS?
SERIOUS?

OOOOH MY GOD. hahaa
must watch.

... although i have it... hmm....its dubbed right?

funniboi

HSC
IT WAS ON FUCKEN LAST NIGHT AT 11pm !! MISSED IT! BUT IT WAS DUBBED, NOT SUBBED!

Comrade nathan

HSC
I watch Porco Rosso, i normally don't watch anime, but after watching that i was really impressed. I might check out more the authors work.

sniper_m4a1

HSC
N/A
nooooooooooooooooooo.... i missed it...... i really wanted to c porco rosso its like one of da ones i've neva seen....i've seen all da oda ones.....damn!!!! lol at least i went to c da concert The Dream Time Ensemble: Destiny on da 1st of oct. i really liked it

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
^Full Metal Alchemist movie came out subbed by Spoon. :D

kouri said:
... although i have it... hmm....its dubbed right?
They always show dubbed stuff on tele anyway, although showing subs is probably going to happen in the next few years. I think American CN is planning to show a subbed anime, its probably going to be Eva. :rolleyes:

Just watched the season finale of Gundam SEED Destiny.

That is quite possibly the WORST (and disappointing!) ending I have have ever seen.

Horrible fight scenes, reused animation, and stupid plot holes (I had heard that the ending was bad... but it's true suckage is something that needs to be beheld).

And goddamnit Kira.

Last edited:

transcendent

HSC
N/A
any of youse going to Animania this Saturday/Sunday? will be there Sunday. my sister will dress as a character off 'Air', blonde hair and cute little school outfit.

funniboi

HSC
transcendent said:
any of youse going to Animania this Saturday/Sunday? will be there Sunday. my sister will dress as a character off 'Air', blonde hair and cute little school outfit.

post a pic ......so if anyone goes they know not to do anythign 'stupid' ;) ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)