• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Anime Thread (7 Viewers)

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
Does Yakitate manga exist?

Hi, im looking for yakitate manga links, in english of course,
if anyone knows any reliable places...u rock...
yakitate anime comes out too rare these days...mayb theyr underfunded.

sniper_m4a1

HSC
N/A
i was wondering if nebody knows da manga bremen by Haruto Umezawa cos i reckon its really good, is it in anime?

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
Vangineer said:
Hi, im looking for yakitate manga links, in english of course,
if anyone knows any reliable places...u rock...
yakitate anime comes out too rare these days...mayb theyr underfunded.
I don't read Yakitate!! Japan (don't mind if you call me ignorant but what's so cool about bread?) so I dunno what volume or chapter their up to but here's my effort:

http://www.downloadanime.org/manga/index.php?spgmGal=Yakitate Japan
http://manga.anime-source.com/manga/modules.php?name=Manga&id=20
http://souhaku.free.fr/index.php?go=series&id_manga=20

Anime
RAW: episode 46
Sub: episode 41

Anime-Empire is just taking their time.

i was wondering if nebody knows da manga bremen by Haruto Umezawa cos i reckon its really good, is it in anime?
Nup

Pirate Jenny

HSC
Benny_ said:
Mononoke is supposedly a remake of sorts to Nausicaa. An inferior remake if I may say so myself.
Not so much a remake as a continuation of the man vs. nature conflict in Nausicaa. Miyazaki felt unsatisfied with the optimistic ending of Nausicaa, (despite the fact the revival sequence is probably the prettiest thing ever committed to acetate cel), he wanted something darker. Surprisingly, the same man who spawned cute and optimistic movies like Totoro and Kiki's is also one of the biggest sad sacks in the world of anime. According to what I've read, he thinks that the man vs. nature conflict should be more about the ideological conflict between humanism and environmentalism, in which case there never can be a real truce between man and nature, which is what the end to Nausicaa implies. Miyazaki's pessimismistic outlook is more obvious in Mononoke than Nausicaa, but personally I think that gave it a depth and, for lack of a better term, "meatiness" to it that Nausicaa didn't develop as thoroughly. But hey, Nausicaa is also a great film, and life'd be dull if we all read anime the same way. :3

CalGuy22

HSC
love all Miyazaki i've seen (haven't seen Nausicaa, but thought the books were brilliant) -- I've just found a new anime series that i really like, though it's definitely lighter than Miyazaki's stuff -- Zatch Bell (www.zatch-bell.com). has a video game now too apparently--anyone played that or seen the series? i'm interested to hear people's thoughts. btw--"Pirate Jenny", is that a Weill/Brecht reference?

sniper_m4a1

HSC
N/A
ooooooo i've heard of dat anime b4, zatch bell.
ive only seen 2 or 3 eps i liked da idea of the whole thing, but the eps i saw weren't that good, but i'm pretty sure other eps r way beta

funniboi

HSC
One Piece is freaking awesome!

im up to episode 131 heaheahea.

finally got a chance to watch up to there. I've been watching like 2 -3 episodes a day before sleeping.

i want an anime subforum :(

funniboi

HSC
tell me what you think of it.

rate it out of 10 ;)

i've had it for a hwile now, but i dont know hwy i havn't watched it.

it's the aX one :D so it's really good quality! .ogg or .mkv i forgot

malkin86

HSC
Does anyone know of any "If you like Sailor Moon, you might like these anime" lists? Doesn't have to be Sailor Moon, can be any famous anime.

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
malkin86 said:
Does anyone know of any "If you like Sailor Moon, you might like these anime" lists? Doesn't have to be Sailor Moon, can be any famous anime.
You can try registering at AnimeSuki forums and ask that question on a separate thread. After a while, you usually get a good chunk of titles, suggestions and sometimes thier input...

BTW, funniboi... have you seen Fate/Stay Night: Curtain Raiser (subbed by Elipse) yet?

Here's a few Fate/Stay Night CGs if you wanna check 'em out:

Lancer vs. Saber
"Are you my master?" - Saber
Recently summoned servant; Archer
Gilgamesh
Beserker and omg leetle gurl pedo time (his master)
Saber's "Noble Phantasm"; Invisible Air
My personal favourite. True Assassin :]

funniboi

HSC
shitttttttttttttt that looks freakin mad.

where can i get it from ? :D :D!

funniboi

HSC
whats h.264?

i see it a fair bit. dunno wtf it is

i know hdtv is high def tv.. :/

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
It's a superior codec in terms of compression and quality compared to DivX/XviD. It also had the reputation of crashing computers if it doesn't have the right requirements because its sooooo CPU intensive and its a resource hog. But, it will be big in the future. ;)

Wiki: H.264

So... how's the DVD promo of Fate/Stay Night?

Last edited:

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
I'm not sure if you guys went or not.but have you guys heard of Chippy?its an anime based in canberra held in the Canberra University?
did anybody go???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)