The Anime Thread (1 Viewer)

ShootingDuck

HSC
Certain types of adblocks are "blocked" on kissnaime (Some website in general put a massive png telling you to turn off adblock). More obscure ones like ublock origin aren't blocked thankfully. I do have to admit the settings of ublock origin can be quite confusing, and I haven't been able to set up a whitelist because of it. But do like to use it as i've never seen an ad ever slip through ever since I first started using it.

Kissanime does sometimes detect that I am using a type of ad blocker but refreshing the page fixes that. The ads from kissanime can attempt to put viruses/malware/whatever onto your computer if you're not careful, I'd rather be on the safe side and not risk on accidentally clicking on one. There are no plugins you can get on your phone so using kissanime on your phone isn't very viable if you want to avoid those sorts of ads.

It is safer to pay for a subscription to crunchyroll but like others said, the selection can be quite limited due to the fact they have to pay for licensing for each country. This means we generally get the short end of the stick and have an even smaller selection than America. Of course you could have a VPN but that still a pain and cost money as well.

Haven't checked out how big is animelab's collection of anime but I'm pretty sure its Australian/New Zealand based so their collection shouldn't be as limiting for us.

ichila101

Split arrowhead
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: The Official Anime Thread

Im not sure about ios but on android theres a kissanime app so you can use that.

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad

Im not sure about ios but on android theres a kissanime app so you can use that.
Found a kissanime app for ios but its got pretty crap reviews. Still better overall than crunchyroll's app (4 stars vs 2 and a half) but I think a lot of the 5 star reviews are fake.

ShootingDuck

HSC

Definitely would not trust the kissanime app especially on android.

ichila101

Split arrowhead
HSC
Uni Grad

Definitely would not trust the kissanime app especially on android.
Yeah I just checked it again cause I had it ages ago, apparently it had some update that turned it into shit

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Kind of an unrelated question but is AVG Free reliable or nah? I've been thinking of getting McAfee or Norton but not if they're not worth the price or similar to AVG Free
Only bc I don't wanna risk trying to use a free anime site again if AVG isn't as good as it seems

ichila101

Split arrowhead
HSC
Uni Grad
Kind of an unrelated question but is AVG Free reliable or nah? I've been thinking of getting McAfee or Norton but not if they're not worth the price or similar to AVG Free
Only bc I don't wanna risk trying to use a free anime site again if AVG isn't as good as it seems
Ive had all three at different stages of my life (currently have trial version of McAfee) and I didnt really notice the difference between them (overall they were all alright). But then again I wasnt really paying much attention to whether they were doing their job or not. Other people may have had different experiences though

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

mrstripedshades

HSC
havent watched it in probably half a decade till devilman on netflix, really quick and great watch. motivating me to watch brotherhood again lol

DontCallMeYoshiko

HSC
AVG free is ok but I strongly recommend using malwarebytes. I had it for 2 years and was really helpful and effective before I got paid protection. Avg is best for basic protection anyway.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Why what happened the first time?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)