The ANZACs... Should we remember? (1 Viewer)

Generator

HSC
N/A
Why didn't the US just state that they were invading Iraq in order to create a warped sense of political stability within the region? That's what I seem to think, anyway.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
except for the following;

Also Howard has never invaded another country to take their land,
given money to people's families who are suicide bombers,
experimented chemical weapons against his own people that he might not like (eg, labor )
manufactured wmd's before,
he doesn't kill his political opponants,
he doesn't have rape rooms,
he is a properly elected leader...
and i'm sure i could think of more.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
Generator said:
Why didn't the US just state that they were invading Iraq in order to create a warped sense of political stability within the region? That's what I seem to think, anyway.
yeah but as many experts have noted, the bush administration has absolutely no fucking idea about the middle east and its politics

Generator

HSC
N/A
dark_angel said:
gimme a reason to oppose
Read through what has taken place on your own some time. Though the Coalition government clearly supports the US (as would a Labor government), that does not imply that Howard is a puppet.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
You're claiming that a situation where indonesia suspected wmd's in australia and decided to invade would be the same as the situation in iraq.

It would be totally different.

I'm not saying that the invasion of iraq was justified, i just think you're over simplifying it to make your point sound better. There were alot of signs pointing towards the americans being right. Saddam had the history, the personality..

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
Nick said:
yeah but as many experts have noted, the bush administration has absolutely no fucking idea about the middle east and its politics
That's true.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
hey what about the US

they have more WMD than the rest of the world combined
they have invaded other countries
they have sponsored known terrorists
they have knowingly overthrown democratically elected regimes in other countries and installed puppet dictators

sounds dangerous

Generator

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
You're claiming that a situation where indonesia suspected wmd's in australia and decided to invade would be the same as the situation in iraq.

It would be totally different.
Maybe if a person other than Asquithian responds...

He's explaining the problems that exist within the pre-emptive strike concept and using Australia and Indonesia as a theoretical example. Surely you can read what he has written?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yes i understand that perfectly, but I think using Australia and Indonesia is wrong as you have to take into account the situation with the different countries.

If he said country A attacks country B who has a leader who has killed him own people with chemical weapons, invaded another country to take their land, sponsored people to go out and blow themselves up, etc etc then perhaps I wouldn't see it as that bad an example.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I think in rememberance of the ANZACS we should declare war on Great Britian because they are a the morons that fucked the whole thing up and contributed to so many Australian deaths.

Danoz The Great

HSC
I really don't think that today's context should be put into something almost a century ago...

malkin86

HSC
I'd like to know what the real history of the ANZAC legend is... Does anyone know?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
malkin86 said:
I'd like to know what the real history of the ANZAC legend is... Does anyone know?
Comradeship? Gameness? Excertion of the Will? Suffering in silence?

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
ANZAC day means a lot to me...my grandfather was an anzac, and my dad has all his medals.
I think many people these days miss the point of it though. Its a day where we reflect on those who have given their lives for us, in any war, whether we believe it to be rightly or wrongly. I'm against the war in Iraq, but that doesn't stop me being grateful for the soldiers willing to go over there and lay their lives on the line.

walrusbear

HSC
tattoodguy said:
Whats the point of this thread.

No one should question the notion of taking a couple of hours a few days a year..to rememmber people who died to protect us.

Members of the military have sacficed the most for this country and received very little in return.

we take for granted all our freedoms. anzac day etc reminds us that someone else faught for our freedoms and sacrificed so we wouldnt have to.

In my opinion the highest position any man can hold in our country is by being in the military. Any decent civilian should respect the soldiers more than the the politicians and the queeen. Every time we seee a soldier i think it should be a crime not to bow to them.

For what they have done for us, no one can argue that they dont deserve that type of treatment.

Even if your against the war in iraq, the buck should stop with the prime minister...cos it was his call. Its not the soldiers fault that our government is shit and the australian public is a bunch of fuck wits.

if it was up to me.............unlesss u join the military u shouldnt even be aloud to vote, they deserve more say in our country than the civilians.

Anyone who supports our government eroding our civil liberties and supporting policies that encourage immigration from our sworn enemies like the middle east and shit. Your a fucking disgrace.

Soldiers spilt there fucking blooood to defend our fucking country, and you fucking pussies couldnt even stand ur fucking ground and vote in accordance with there legacy, cos you pieces of shit bowed down to the pressures of being politcally correct.

U ungreatful unappreciative pieces of shit.

well thats my 2 cents.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)