The Ashes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
Seeming this NZ tour is pretty much over, we must look to the future and the Ashes (and hopefully some competition)...wat is everyones views on how this tour to England willl pan out???

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
I think the Aussies will win by 1. It will be a closely fought series.

It will be interesting to see if guys like Strauss, Key and Flintoff perform when it counts.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
itll b interesting to c if lee plays, i dnt think alot of these eng. guys have seen pace like his...(he is better than kasper and thats that)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
nope

i think if australia is going to win the series it will be cleansweep, i cant see any raw talent in the batting lineup or bowling when compared to the likes of hayden,langer,ponting,clarke,gilchrist,lee,warne,mcgrath and gillepsie, and some others. the english have vaughan and flintoff, going to be bloddy hard for them.
The indians scored heaps of runs and they still couldnt win, tough, the pakis got ahmmered and the nz didnt stand a chance.

the onedayers will be different though.

stewy_625

HSC
it'll probably 3-1 our way. i'll be interested to see how flintoff performs. england are so up themselves at the moment after supposedly being the 'best test team of 2004'. i dont see how they can say that when they didnt play us at all and they didnt win every test either.
the 20/20 opener will be interesting.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
HotShot said:
i think if australia is going to win the series it will be cleansweep, i cant see any raw talent in the batting lineup or bowling when compared to the likes of hayden,langer,ponting,clarke,gilchrist,lee,warne,mcgrath and gillepsie, and some others. the english have vaughan and flintoff, going to be bloddy hard for them.
The indians scored heaps of runs and they still couldnt win, tough, the pakis got ahmmered and the nz didnt stand a chance.

the onedayers will be different though.

the south africans beat eng in there one day series, but got hammered in tests, the eng have betta chance in the tests

HotShot

-_-
HSC

the australians are weaker in the one-dayers, they stuggled against nz,india,and west indies. in australia. they rely too much on the top three batsman (hayden,gilchrist and ponting). rip those three and keep martyn struggling and limit the total to less than 250, england have a chance.

phungus

HSC
It might be more competitive this time round. England has new found confidence since the last time they played Australia and has strung together a couple of wins in their recent matches.
They did beat Aus in the champions trophy too right?
Plus they have new stars like Kevin Pietersen. Might be interesting

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
in agreement aboyut 1-dayers, maybe Aus should have tried Clarke as opener for NZ series so he could get more experience, i think hed b better against Eng as a starter, they havn't ever bowled to him before (or have they and i just not noticed??)

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
now where has Gilchrist found this form from, fuck he has just relaesed the beat within and with hittin like that, no1 standds a chance against him

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
i just read somethin else, gilly has scored like 14 test centurys...and with 12 of them australia has gone on to win...i say hes a pretty strong indicator to me

HotShot

-_-
HSC
gilchrist

will be permanently in the greatest eleven all time bradman, his skill with and the gloves cannot be matched. england have bowled to clarke before didnt he play county and he played in the champions as well. as long as lee is in the team no worries of peitersen or the rest.
it will be hard for australia to replace gilchrist, ideal candidates:
haddin--not as good with bat.
anyothers?

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
HotShot said:
it will be hard for australia to replace gilchrist, ideal candidates:
haddin--not as good with bat.
anyothers?

i agree that haddin isnt as gud, but he still has wat it takes for australia...and gilly still has a while left at the top so hopefully by the time he decides to move on there will b an adequete replacement

who here would called gilly an all-rounder, i would

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
RiCe_GrOwEr said:
Clarke should open. But where do you put Hayden first drop? and push everyone back down the order?
Who cares about Hayden he is WAY outta form atm - Clarke always seems to do well when opening

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
but haydens an opener
he cant bat at the middle order
remember the world XI game

2 stumped at no 7

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
in the world 11 game hayden batted lower than mcgrath... in that game the way ponting was going with some help form lara and co they had 300+ assured... hayden wasnt really required...

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
clarke is in chat form atm, hayden deff batting batter than him so keep him there..with the form gilly is in he just needs to turn over strike, so save clarkes hittin for the latter part of the inninggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)