• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Ashes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baker182

HSC
Michael Vaughan should be sacked as England Captain.

Why he did sub Jones, when its not a turning wicket and also England needed to bowl out Australia.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
lol felt sorry for Jones, he did nothing wrong. But thats the nature of this super sub system, someone will miss out. Anyway at 6 wickets down for 90 odd, keeping Giles in was the risk taken as he is a little better with the bat.

Good innings by Gilly, bout time he came through.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
it would be to easy for australia with macgill in the squad, so no, what i dont understand is the supersub part. Solanki subsituted S.Jones ok fine that mean S.Jones cant bat and doesnt it mean Solanki cant bowl? S.Jones can bowl!
I mean Mcgrath bowled ten overs and was subsituted by Katich, doesnt that mean S.Jones has the ability to bowl ten overs?

Last edited:

markmooks

Fucking with your head :)
HSC
Go Aussie, win one for little Timmy. Yay our win yesterday.

Fast_heinz

HSC
Watching the cricket last night and listening to Ian Botham and David Lloyd debating who to include out of Graham Thorpe and Kevin Pietersen...all the time I was wondering why they couldn't have both (they're both great batsmen, Thorpe saved England countless times in South Africa).

You've got 1. Trescothick, 2. Strauss, 3. ???, 4. Vaughan, 5. Thorpe, 6. Flintoff, 7. G Jones, 8. Giles, 9. Hoggard, 10. S Jones and 11. Harmison.

You could move Vaughan to first drop and have Pietersen at 4 (it seems he's quite vulnerable to the new ball). So who do they assume is playing at no.3?
Hopefully it's not Robert Key or Mark Butcher...

baker182

HSC
I would sub Solanki for Giles, because it was'nt a spining pitch. Also Giles is a defensive bowler. For England to win that game, they needed to bowl Australia out, it was a total which you could'nt restict the Australians, without taking 10 wickets.

davo_

good kid
HSC
Bookie said:
The keeper CAN bowl, ask Mark Boucher and AB de Villiers :D
Unless I missed something earlier, I think you have Simon Jones and Gerhaint Jones mixed up.

And the problem with the supersub system is that it pretty much gives the team that wins the toss an almost unfair advantage. I think the 12 player squad should be named before the toss, and then following the 11 starting players should be named... this would make it much fairer.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I didn't get anyone mixed up. Just that someone on the last page said that the whole team bar the keeper is allowed to bowl. But as we saw earlier this year, Bouch and AB bowleed and picked up wickets :D :D :D

HSC
australia win the series! awesome game, gilchrist stunning innings; 121 off 101 balls what a ripper. mcgrath 4 maidens in a row, unlucky not to get a wicket due to dizzy dropping a catch. but well played by the aussies.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
WE WON WE WON WE WON WE WON YAY AUSSIE RULE i luv em they're the best in the world yay gilchrist he rulz

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
How stupid was Vaughan bowling out Harmison, who intern was hammered for 8 an over. As a self confessed confidence bowler he will surely struggle in next weeks test.

Expect Ricky to bat first and bat for two days on a flat Lords wicket.

HSC
see harmison's wide? went straight to first slip! yeah that's REAL world-class bowling.....pffffffft.

HSC
ok i'm a bit unclear on who's covering the ashes for us.

so will the whole ashes series be telecast on SBS? and will richie benaud be commentating on there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)