• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Ashes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
OMG MARTYN HAS BEEN DROPPED FROM THE TEST TEAM

that is so illegal...he did well...sorta...in the ashes...im so bummed...i h8 the aussie team...even kaspo and gillespie was dropped...meh...but i cant believe martyn was dropped im so sad :(:(:(

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
What do you mean? Look at his stats, he did nothing. Someone had to go, we've been saying it in this thread all along lol. Squad is :

Test squad : Matthew Hayden, Justin Langer, Ricky Ponting (capt), Brad Hodge, Michael Clarke, Simon Katich, Adam Gilchrist (wk), Shane Watson, Brett Lee, Shane Warne, Glenn McGrath, Shaun Tait, Stuart MacGill.

Go Macgill, he'll rip it up on the scg. With Shane watson in, perhaps they can finally play 2 spinners.

One-day squad : Adam Gilchrist (wk), Michael Clarke, Ricky Ponting (capt), Damien Martyn, Simon Katich, Michael Hussey, Andrew Symonds, Shane Watson, James Hopes, Brad Hogg, Brett Lee, Glenn McGrath, Nathan Bracken, Shaun Tait.

This is interesting, I got no idea how Brad Hogg is going but I would of though Cameron White might get a look in.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
copious said:
Day 3 , might get a chance to see a bit of bowling and batting from both sides.
exactly the reason i am going sunday, i earn more on sundays than saturdays, but cant miss this :D

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
copious said:
What do you mean? Look at his stats, he did nothing.
dude thats why i said sorta...i coz i know he didnt do welll....geeeeeeez....i just don't want him to go...but at least he is still in the one-day squad...so im kinda happy :p

Jimmy_B

HSC
my mate on msn gave me these stats for marto:

His series averages before The Ashes for the previous year were outstanding:
55.50 vs Sri Lanka
50.75 vs Sri Lanka
55.50 vs India
41.50 vs New Zealand
103.33 vs Pakistan
78.33 vs New Zealand

- so haydos makes one century in 31 innings or something like that on the flattest track going around, at snails pace contributing to us drawing the match and keeps his place in the team

- while we drop our best batsman of the past couple of years for one bad series where he got a few stinkers from umpires. fucken bullshit.

imo hayden and katich should've made way not martyn.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
i cant believe you'd want Katich dropped. Katich is awesome. Hayden, Martyn and Clarke should be dropped.

At least they got Hopes in. But they put him in before Jaquesy and Thornely :(

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Thornely has got to be next in line! But chances are the same thing will happen again, "rookie" batsmen like katich, hussey and hodge entering the squad when they are already in their late 20's.

Sarah

HSC
N/A
Jimmy_B said:
now would be a perfect time to play mike hussey or jacques, but hodge seems to get in as all his victorian dick-riders have been whinging for his inclusion for a decade. hopes doesn't strike me as a particualrly good batsman or bowler. damn, i woulda preffered ian harvey over him.
But don't you think Harvey has had a chance to prove himself in international cricket? From the times i've seen him play, he hasn't been that impressive. I don't know if he's played a test match for Aust before but he's certainly had his chance to prove himself worthy of a spot in the Aust team

Jimmy_B

HSC
Bookie said:
i cant believe you'd want Katich dropped. Katich is awesome. Hayden, Martyn and Clarke should be dropped.

katich hasn't looked great shakes for a long while. he played a blinder at the scg against india and made a quality 99 in india as well, but apart from that i ain't seen too much that suggests he'll become a top class player. he has a habit of wafting at wide ones which is worrying. i'd prefer to see him go than to have seen martyn.

now would be a perfect time to play mike hussey or jacques, but hodge seems to get in as all his victorian dick-riders have been whinging for his inclusion for a decade. hopes doesn't strike me as a particualrly good batsman or bowler. damn, i woulda preffered ian harvey over him.

edit: anyone see pathan tear zimbabwe a new asshole today. 7/59, and zimbabwe out for 161. india already rolling along at 6 an over. this is embarressing for test cricket.

Jimmy_B

HSC
Sarah said:
But don't you think Harvey has had a chance to prove himself in international cricket? From the times i've seen him play, he hasn't been that impressive. I don't know if he's played a test match for Aust before but he's certainly had his chance to prove himself worthy of a spot in the Aust team

i wasn't being serious about calling harvey up. i know he didn't really cut the mustard when we called him up. all i said was he was miles better than hopes, who i don't feel warrants a place in the side just yet.

*and i really hate this post jumping* :(

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Jimmy_B said:
katich hasn't looked great shakes for a long while. he played a blinder at the scg against india and made a quality 99 in india as well, but apart from that i ain't seen too much that suggests he'll become a top class player. he has a habit of wafting at wide ones which is worrying. i'd prefer to see him go than to have seen martyn.

edit: anyone see pathan tear zimbabwe a new asshole today. 7/59, and zimbabwe out for 161. india already rolling along at 6 an over. this is embarressing for test cricket.
lol. ah yeah. well good to see india doin well (better than first innings first test).

i think its all about ganguly, i do want him to score a run a ball decent score here and continue to play well or get dropped. there was an article which showed his poor form in the past years. and what the fuck is he doing as first change???!!

bangladesh getting similar treatment by srilanka. they on 7/450 at stumps on day 1. :D

sounds like an opposition mismatch at both ends.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Hmmmmm.

Australia suck.

As for India, Irfan Pathan should have made the World squad. That guy is such a wonderkid. FFS he's only 20! To have 60+ test wickets in that time is incredible.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
He's also handy with the bat, and not just only against the Minnows. His time will come, he's class and finally someone the calibre of Javagal Srinath.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Bookie said:

Anyone thinking clarke should be dropped is imbecilic seeing that once ponting retires, clarke will be australia's 'money-man' (if you like). I dont think its an enormous risk dropping marto from the tests - he, as well as hayden would only have a couple or few years left at the top level.

Hopes is an interesting selection. Watson and Symonds are both better allrounders atm than thornely. Jacques probably should be there, and probably will in replace of hayden in the near future.

Overall a good move by the selectors. A smooth transition rather than a change of era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)