The Australians Against Further Immigration Party (2 Viewers)

Raginsheep

HSC
Before we continue, can someone please tell me what values and properties "Australians" have while other immigrants don't?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I personally class immigrants/migrants to be okay if they're tolerant. They might not be comfortable in a bikini themselves, but they're not troubled by Australians doing so.

And as a child of migrant parents, the biggest test of that for them is probably letting your own children embrace Australian culture in its entirety. I've got to say, it's probably really hard.

As for what other people feel to be "Australian values", I'm not so sure. But I'll get irritated if someone rattles off stereotypes such as enjoying football and bbq's like the last multiculturalism-related thread in NCAP.

*hopeful*

HSC
kokodamonkey said:
Oh their not racist, they think because its a multicultural policy they can just do whatever they want as if they are at home.
but it is their home :confused:

kokodamonkey

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
As for what other people feel to be "Australian values", I'm not so sure. But I'll get irritated if someone rattles off stereotypes such as enjoying football and bbq's like the last multiculturalism-related thread in NCAP.
im talkin about not walkin around covered in sheets etc. Thats what im saying by assimilating. alot of you think i just want a white australia. but i want an australia where in a random street, one house has "aussies (whites)", the one next to it has some chinese ppl, the next one has some lebanese people, the next some arabs. and at the end of the day each of them are called australian. Instead of going to some suburbs where every house in the street is arab, or leb, or asian. that is when we have problems.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
kokodamonkey said:
im talkin about not walkin around covered in sheets etc. Thats what im saying by assimilating. alot of you think i just want a white australia. but i want an australia where in a random street, one house has "aussies (whites)", the one next to it has some chinese ppl, the next one has some lebanese people, the next some arabs. and at the end of the day each of them are called australian. Instead of going to some suburbs where every house in the street is arab, or leb, or asian. that is when we have problems.
Its only natural to be with someone who share similar cultures with you. people feel more secure and comfortable that way.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Indian Princess said:
I did not expressed my support for this party nor expressed my desire to stop further immigration. I critisize how you people quickly labelled any other posters who are in favour of immigration restrictions as racist and thats what I critisize while countries from which these immigrants came from are actually practicing racist policies for 50 years.
uummmmmm.....So? :confused: :confused: :confused:

since they're australian citizens now, they've got nothing to do with their own country. They shouldnt be treated according to what they're country does, since they're now australians just like any other australian person.

Anyway, why is this bothering you? do you like plan to immigrate to one of those countries you speak of?

kokodamonkey

HSC
I dont see how they are australian citizens ^^^ if they cant even speak english. We need tougher immigration restrictions in terms of coming to this country and getting citizenship. THen i will respect them as australians.

Raginsheep

HSC
kokodamonkey said:
I thought it was perfectly acceptable in Australia to wear what we wanted?

*hopeful*

HSC
kokodamonkey said:
but this is a free country anyone can wear anything they like so really your point is.....pointless ?

im yet to go to any suburb where every house on the street is occupied by people of the same culture

kokodamonkey

HSC
Raginsheep said:
I thought it was perfectly acceptable in Australia to wear what we wanted?
we do. aslong as it is within the acceptable australian culture. assimilate assimilate!!!

Raginsheep

HSC
kokodamonkey said:
we do. aslong as it is within the acceptable australian culture. assimilate assimilate!!!
You mean whats acceptable to you?

Hey, back in 1788, the bikini wasn't acceptable, are you saying that we should scrap that? I find fat guys in tiny speedos "culturally unacceptable" and im an "australian" so I guess we should go around baning that too.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
As a migrant who is now an Australian citizen I find something a little bit funny.

Originally American we have friends who LOVE celebrating Thanksgiving and the Fourth of July with us. Even though it has no "place" here, we've never had complaints from anyone about it.

Should we not celebrate Thanksgiving or the Fourth of July anymore because we're now Australian citizens and it's not "assimilating".

Or because we're from another Western country, is that totally fine?

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
kokodamonkey said:
does that mean anglo's have to move in to the heart of cabramatta?
or is it just "foreigners" who have to move in alongside anglo's?

Bendent

HSC
kokodamonkey said:
how do you know every house in the street is arab, or leb, or asian exist? have you been inside all the houses in these suburbs. stop being weird weirdo.

Collin

HSC
N/A
kokodamonkey said:
And how do you define acceptable Australian culture?

As for these Arab, Leb or Asian streets, please give me a few examples. I'm sure you've done your research, so why not brief us.

Finally, assuming we do have particular streets full of a bunch of people of the same ethnicity, what exactly is the problem? You declared that a [one] house full of a particular group of the same background can be called Australian, so how does the notion that a bunch of those households clumped together of close physical proximity make the inhabitants any less Australian?

kokodamonkey

HSC
Collin said:
And how do you define acceptable Australian culture?

As for these Arab, Leb or Asian streets, please give me a few examples. I'm sure you've done your research, so why not brief us.

Finally, assuming we do have particular streets full of a bunch of people of the same ethnicity, what exactly is the problem? You declared that a [one] house full of a particular group of the same background can be called Australian, so how does the notion that a bunch of those households clumped together of close physical proximity make the inhabitants any less Australian?
cabramatta, lakema, redfern.

THe problem is, when they "group together" they will then get into fights with other people. which is what happens. WHere as if when they come into australia they are surrounded by randoms/strangers, sure its harder, but it ensures we all get along together with our assimilation policy as at the end of the day we are all part of the human race.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
kokodamonkey said:

THe problem is, when they "group together" they will then get into fights with other people. which is what happens. WHere as if when they come into australia they are surrounded by randoms/strangers, sure its harder, but it ensures we all get along together with our assimilation policy as at the end of the day we are all part of the human race.
So like, it's just those ethnic groups that are bad.

so you'd be against about restricting Brits, Americans, Canadians or New Zealanders immigrating?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
So what you want is the government to assign migrants/immigrants where they live?

You're not really considering social behaviour within a country that is free. A migrant/immigrant who might want to adopt the Australian culture in its entirety will want to find someone of the same background first because it will be easier to be friends with them, and even understand Australia more (asking them questions and learning from each other). They will group together, its just what happens.

Collin

HSC
N/A
kokodamonkey said:
I wasn't aware 'Cabramatta', 'Lakemba' and 'Redfern' were streets.

kokodamonkey said:
Right, let's just generalise that when Asians, Lebs and Arabs "group together", they will inevitably "get into fights" with other people.

How does this even tie in with your assertion that there is a need to abolish multiculturalism?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)