The best and the worst mascaras (1 Viewer)

HSC
What mascaras have you tried and which ones are good (and bad)?

I personally go for length rather than volume and I go for dramatic rather than natural.

I've tried:
Maybelline Great Lash - was fucking shit. I'm not a makeup artist, I don't know how to work this without making my lashes look as if they are crumbling to bits. Clumps like hell.

Maybelline Lash Stylist - developed an allergic reaction to this. Never going back to Maybelline again

L'Oreal Volume Shocking - allergic to the white base coat

Benefit Get Bent Lash- quite lengthening, I liked it. Often asked if I was wearing fake lashes.

Benefit BAD gal lash - not as good as I thought it would be, considering that magazines always hype it as the best mascara in on the planet. Not dramatic enough.

Stila Major lash mascara - Not major. Very black but the texture was weird and rubbery.

ModelCo, some free stuff from a mag, with a mirror attached - smelt like bad breath, crumbled a bit, very watery. I did not like it.

Diorshow Blackout - My favourite so far. Outcome was very dramatic. Perfect for going out at night.

Bourjois Yes to Volume, No to Clumps - Bought it because of the cute name and packaging. Decent daytime mascara. Outcome was very natural. Not lengthening enough.

Chi Chi super thick fake lash - so far, so good. I'm testing it for allergic reactions at the moment.

Has anyone tried Covergirl Lash Blast? Does it live up to the hype and did you experience any allergic reactions?

And what about Max Factor 2000 calorie?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i loooove covergirl lash blast
it and mac plushlash are my favourites, along with diorshow blackout and too faced lash injection

i have a sample of sephora atomic volume mascara and it is very promising as well, but you cant beat lash blast for price, blackness, layerability and wear time.

HSC
Super! I think I'll try it. I was scared of developing another allergic reaction. Did you use waterprooof?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
no not waterproof, just the original formula

in black black

if you have any other mascaras you want a review on.... p. sure ive tried them all lol

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
If you're after something pretty cheap l'oreal lash architecture is pretty wonderful. Anything by mac is amazing. I detest napolean mascara, they never fail to seriously clump my lashes.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i hate all mac mascaras except plushlash

lol this is why you just have to try it out

everyone raves about chanel exceptionel and when i shelled out for it the fucker flaked all over my cheeks

HSC
no not waterproof, just the original formula

in black black

if you have any other mascaras you want a review on.... p. sure ive tried them all lol
Thanks!

Have you tried YSL faux cils, Diorshow iconic extreme, any of the Chanel ones or Lancome Hypnose (or any Lancome)?

I was going to get Lancome Hypnose but I chose Bad gal over it so now I'm regretting it.

HSC
everyone raves about chanel exceptionel and when i shelled out for it the fucker flaked all over my cheeks
:mad1:
I guess I'll be steering clear of Chanel then. I don't try before I buy so it's bit of a gamble when buying mascara.

Last edited:

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
not ysl, not that dior one (but diorshow in regular [awesome] and waterproof [rubbish and sticky] and diorshow blackout [great])

i've tried chanel exceptionel and hated it and tried inimitable and liked it but it wasnt as black as i like

never tried any lancomes except definicils which was pretty good i guess

i'm pretty much through with top end mascaras, because i toss them after max 6 months and i dont have the cash to spend anymore.

in any case i love lashblast and i can pile it on til it looks like diorshow so i'm happy

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I can never remember what they're all called, it's all the same to me lol

but

Maybelline great lash: it's OK I reckon, works pretty well but it doesn't give much volume which is what I like. The waterproof formula is a bit dry/flaky but otherwise passable.

Loreal telescopic (I think?): people raved to me about this so I tried it out and IMO it's shit...it seems to have the aim of making your eyelashes about 10000x longer which is nice and all but my lashes are long enough, they're just fine/thin. And this doesn't really do much for volume. If you want length though it's good for that. It was also very wet...I splattered my face with it the first time I used it even though I blotted the wand on a tissue first. Overall not impressed.

Currently using that colossal volum one, maybelline? Idk. It's good. Nice balance of length and volume.

HSC
If you're after something pretty cheap l'oreal lash architecture is pretty wonderful. Anything by mac is amazing. I detest napolean mascara, they never fail to seriously clump my lashes.
I've tried the Napoleon mascara in Madame Fantasia and I really liked it. It didn't clump or flake and gave nice volume.

Has anyone tried Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes ? It looks interesting.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
i use chanel inimitable waterproof for when i swim and such and it's p good i rate it.

but i love love loveeee ysl faux cils. bought it duty free and it is fantastic.

Lydia_88

HSC
i find maybelline clumps too much (i dislike their mineral foundation range as well...)

so i use nutrimetics mascara (they are really good i.m.o, separating one lash at a time, and no clumping problems)

domoku

HSC
Thanks!

Have you tried YSL faux cils, Diorshow iconic extreme, any of the Chanel ones or Lancome Hypnose (or any Lancome)?

I was going to get Lancome Hypnose but I chose Bad gal over it so now I'm regretting it.
i have diorshow iconic extreme... its ok, maybe it was just my lashes but it made my lashes droop a little :( but apart from that, its not bad~ doesnt clump your lashes and is black enough for me :)

bio_nut

HSC
Love my clinique high definition one. But I just like my lashes separated and defined generally, not full on.

diana_a

HSC
I've tried every mascara from Dior to Chanel.
M.A.C Zoom Lash in Zoomblack is my favourite, it is amazing!

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
why does everyone seem to hate napolean mascara? i use napolean perdis set mascara in black and i love it, makes my lashes thick, long and curly without any clumps. i especially like the brush with its long bristles :)

in the past ive used...

Revlon 3D extreme: absolutely awful, made my lashes clumpy and heavy. its also waterproof which makes it even harder to clean off.

Natio waterproof mascara: i hate hate HATE the brush on this one, its bristles are short and the applicator is kinda curved. nevertheless it was way too sticky and clumpy (i actually chucked it out because it was that bad). However the extreme volumising natio mascara wasnt too bad.

Loreal Lash Architect (in waterproof and normal): LOVE this one, used to use it all the time. Made my lashes thick and long without any clumps.

thats all i can remember at the moment, but from my experiences ive come to the conclusion that:

revlon = BAD

loreal= GOOD

HSC
Bump!

Using Bad Gal + Chi Chi = perfect lashes that I've always wanted. So happy that I had to share this.

I get enough volume from Bad Gal and extra length and insane curls from Chi Chi. I don't even have to use a curler anymore.

fallingstar

HSC
interesting... I shall have to try Chi Chi next time.
glad to hear you've found the right product/combination for you!

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
clarins extra curl (or something like that) is my new one... its pretty good in terms of lengthening, curl is average, but id like more thickness :\

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)