The Bible (1 Viewer)

HSC
Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
johnnywalker said:
yeah what he said, and also full of lame stories of some "magical" dude who walked the face of the earth.

Science Rock Dudes
Er.. what she said, you mean?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
melanieeestroll said:
Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Hahah ironic that God is apparently all loving right?

Claudeski

HSC
just-a-stranger said:
THIS is an example of exactly WHY there are such things as Bible colleges and institutions that rightfully teaches the word of God.

http://www.twopaths.com/faq_OldTestamentLaw.htm

as for the OP: perhaps everything from the book of Ecclesiastes.

PEACE.
So what exactly are you saying? That the Old Testament was actually God just goofing around with outrageous guidelines that was suitable for those time periods? If God is all-knowing and all-powerful, surely he would want to advance the human ideas of ethics and include proper guidelines and morales like no rape or no child abuse immediately.

HSC
the bible isn't suppose to be taken literally. well at least that is what my catholic studies teacher said.

Claudeski

HSC
melanieeestroll said:
the bible isn't suppose to be taken literally. well at least that is what my catholic studies teacher said.
Well seeing as the Bible is "God's word to us", (and the only word as he has chosen not to reveal himself since those times) I'd think you'd have to take it all very literally, otherwise God would have had it made a different way.

HSC
Claudeski said:
Well seeing as the Bible is "God's word to us", (and the only word as he has chosen not to reveal himself since those times) I'd think you'd have to take it all very literally, otherwise God would have had it made a different way.
no. some of the stories were just ment to be symbolic.

Claudeski

HSC
melanieeestroll said:
no. some of the stories were just ment to be symbolic.
Ok... so please tell me what is Exodus 21:20-21 symbolic for, for example?

Innominate

HSC
I personally hope that the particle accelerator doesn't succeed. I hope it fail and creates a black hole. When this happens it'll collapse on itself forming a wormhole to another universe. Alien creatures will come through this wormhole and we'll all get along well. WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW!?

Claudeski

HSC
melanieeestroll said:
what is your point.
My point is that the Bible (and God) promotes these atrocities and I don't see how Christians can't see how this flaws their religion. If you'd like me to argue how Christianity is flawed in other ways please pick another topic and I'd be glad to show you.

Innominate

HSC
melanieeestroll said:
1. i did not say that symbolism is applied everywhere in the text.
2. just because i didnt respond to your example doesn't mean that symbolism in the bible doesnt exist, it just means that i may not be good at interpretation.
3. go ask your chaplain if you really want to find out.
4. go fuck off you sad sad troll.
Love your neighbour as you love yourself.... Looks to me like someone's going to hell for sure, not that it exists. Lucky you :uhhuh:

Otterhead

HSC
In this person's pathetic little hissy fit, I have yet to find one counter argument.

Claudeski

HSC
Haha maybe you should argue your point then.
Me? Troll? Just because I'm partaking in a friendly argument fully supported by evidence?

Now If someone else could explain to me what I have asked... that'd be dandy.

HSC
Claudeski said:
My point is that the Bible (and God) promotes these atrocities and I don't see how Christians can't see how this flaws their religion. If you'd like me to argue how Christianity is flawed in other ways please pick another topic and I'd be glad to show you.
like i said its some of it is suppose to be symbolic. not saying that my interpretation is right but maybe its suppose to say that you shouldn't hurt others. idk.

Innominate said:
Love your neighbour as you love yourself.... Looks to me like someone's going to hell for sure, not that it exists. Lucky you :uhhuh:
god forgives all if you are truly sorry. go spread the good news.

Claudeski said:
Haha maybe you should argue your point then.
Me? Troll? Just because I'm partaking in a friendly argument fully supported by evidence?

Now If someone else could explain to me what I have asked... that'd be dandy.
it wasnt aimed at you.

Otterhead

HSC
How do you know the stories were meant to be symbolic?

Where could you possibly draw that conclusion from? There are millions of people who disagree with you and would say everything is true as it is written and that you are going to hell for not belieiving the world was created in 6 days. How could you possibly begin to argue on any sort of sophisticated level with these people, who ignore evidence and rationality in the name of their delusions? Think about this.

This is how we feel when we argue with you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)