The Bible (1 Viewer)

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
What is everybody's favorite bible verse?

my favorite comes from the Gospel of Luke:

Luke 23:39

During the crucifixion of Jesus

39 Now one of the criminals hanging there reviled Jesus, saying, "Are you not the Messiah? Save yourself and us." 40 The other, however, rebuking him, said in reply, "Have you no fear of God, for you are subject to the same condemnation? 41 And indeed, we have been condemned justly, for the sentence we received corresponds to our crimes, but this man has done nothing criminal." 42 Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." 43 He replied to him, "Amen, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
The Bible: poorly written and narrated, disjointed, generally boring, overlong, and empty, emo characters.

2 stars.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
CharlieB said:
Love to hear your opinions, and favorite verses :)
1 Corinthians 1:13 at the moment, though the whole book of Romans is a pretty sweet summary of the faith

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Tends to change with the day.
Today it is Psalm 37 :6
I love Romans and Proverbs in general.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
some sound advice for everyday living:

30And Lot went up out of Zoar, and dwelt in the mountain, and his two daughters with him; for he feared to dwell in Zoar: and he dwelt in a cave, he and his two daughters.

31And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father is old, and there is not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth:

32Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

33And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

34And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

35And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

36Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:

30And Lot went up out of Zoar, and dwelt in the mountain, and his two daughters with him; for he feared to dwell in Zoar: and he dwelt in a cave, he and his two daughters.

31And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father is old, and there is not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth:

32Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

33And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

34And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

35And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

I read that when i was pretty young & told my mother, i remember her musing about whether the bible was appropriate for children.
There's some pretty full on stuff in there.

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:

I'm pretty sure the church and the author of that verse doesnt condone incest.

Leviticus 20:12 "And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them."

:)

conics2008

HSC
Nice.. Bible freaks...

I strongly suggest to all the bible readers to think outside the box....

May God( NOT JESUS ) have mercy on our souls...

I am ashamed at your behaviour.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
morganjane said:
Check my sig.

Along with Psalm 139 and the centre of the Bible- Psalm 118:8
actually i think you'll find this is the central teaching of the bible, on which everything else rests:

2 Kings 2:23-24:

"And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them"

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
lol.

why yes, i read the bible like its a novel. im also a gay paedophile preist.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
mark 11:24

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

WHERES THE CAR I ORDERED FOR ON WWW.GOD.COM??????

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
Exphate said:
And when the thousand years have expired, Satan shall be loosed from his prison

**Waits for Satan's Wrath**
There are many schools of thought on revelations 20, one interpretation may be that after the first thousand years after the second resurection of Jesus Christ, satan will be "loosed" out of his prison. He will then deceive all those who are not then born into God's Kingdom.

If you have read a few more verses of revelation 20 you would know that satan and the demons will then be cast into the Lake of Fire where God will have rendered him completely powerless, and then final judgment occurs.

imo the rapture is not to be interpreted literally, as JP2 said: “We know that the apocalyptic images of the eschatological discourse about the end of all things should be interpreted in light of their intense symbolism." http://oldarchive.godspy.com/medita...arth-Meditation-by-Pope-John-Paul-II.cfm.html

conics2008 said:
Nice.. Bible freaks...

I strongly suggest to all the bible readers to think outside the box....

May God( NOT JESUS ) have mercy on our souls...

I am ashamed at your behaviour.
please elaborate:)

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
I love the bible .... *cough*

Think not that I come to send peace on earth: I come not to send peace, but a sword.
- Matthew 10:34

... all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
- Matthew 26:52

Yeouch.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
CharlieB said:
What is everybody's favorite bible verse?

I have too many to post, but my favorite comes from the Gospel of Luke:

Luke 23:39

One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: "Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us!"

But the other criminal rebuked him. "Don't you fear God," he said, "since you are under the same sentence? [41] We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong."

Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."

Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.
"

In a close second is the The parable of Lost Son - Luke 15: 11.

Love to hear your opinions, and favorite verses :)
I liked the bit where God kills millions of people in a flood because he has a mood swing.

Claudeski

HSC
Aha oh man... you Christians crack me up...

Lets see...

Exodus 21:7,8
"If a man sells his daughter as a slave, she is not to be set free, as male slaves are. If she is sold to someone who intends to make her his wife, but he doesn't like her,then she is to be sold back to her father; her master cannot sell her to foreigners, because he has treated her unfairly."

tl;dr Instructions on how to sell your daughter as a slave.

Exodus 21:15
"Whoever hits his father or his mother is to be put to death."

Haha goodbye many, many children.

Exodus 21:20 "If a slave owner takes a stick and beats his slave, whether male or female, and the slave dies on the spot, the owner is to be punished. But if the slave does not die for a day or two, the master is not to be punished. The loss of his property is punishment enough."

Hmm... ok... so the Bible not only says slavery is ok but gives guidelines on how to punish them.

Exodus 31:14 "Whoever does not keep it, but works on that day, is to be put to death."

So if a paramedic is working to save people on a Sunday, they should be put to death?

Judges 19
Not typing it out but read it if you want to be appalled at the complete violation of human rights.

Its funny how Christians always seem to ignore these types of passages...

Anyway, might post some more of my favorites up sometime :D

Oh and this one:
Matthew 5:17-19 Basically says that every single law of the Old Testament still applies as long as the Earth lasts.

Last edited:

johnnywalker

HSC
Kwayera said:
The Bible: poorly written and narrated, disjointed, generally boring, overlong, and empty, emo characters.

2 stars.
yeah what he said, and also full of lame stories of some "magical" dude who walked the face of the earth.

Science Rock Dudes

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC
Claudeski said:
Aha oh man... you Christians crack me up...

Lets see...

Exodus 21:7,8 "If a man sells his daughter as a slave, she is not to be set free, as male slaves are. If she is sold to someone who intends to make her his wife, but he doesn't like her,then she is to be sold back to her father; her master cannot sell her to foreigners, because he has treated her unfairly."

tl;dr Instructions on how to sell your daughter as a slave.

Exodus 21:15 "Whoever hits his father or his mother is to be put to death."

Haha goodbye many, many children.

Exodus 21:20 "If a slave owner takes a stick and beats his slave, whether male or female, and the slave dies on the spot, the owner is to be punished. But if the slave does not die for a day or two, the master is not to be punished. The loss of his property is punishment enough."

Hmm... ok... so the Bible not only says slavery is ok but gives guidelines on how to punish them.

Exodus 31:14 "Whoever does not keep it, but works on that day, is to be put to death."

So if a paramedic is working to save people on a Sunday, they should be put to death?

Judges 19 Not typing it out but read it if you want to be appalled at the complete violation of human rights.

Its funny how Christians always seem to ignore these types of passages...

Anyway, might post some more of my favorites up sometime :D

Oh and this one:
Matthew 5:17-19 Basically says that every single law of the Old Testament still applies as long as the Earth lasts.
THIS is an example of exactly WHY there are such things as Bible colleges and institutions that rightfully teaches the word of God.

http://www.twopaths.com/faq_OldTestamentLaw.htm

as for the OP: perhaps everything from the book of Ecclesiastes.

PEACE.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)