housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
i'm working tomorrow too!
it's going to be soo busy.
i'm looking forward to it, really.

greekgun

HSC
Ya im working tomorrow too. I hope their will be heaps of donations but at the same time i hope its not too busy. But i have a feeling there's ganna be many priority 1's tomorrow.

bdude

HSC
Oh god. I worked 5-8:30 and it felt like forever.

Friday the 13th reared it's head as well in the time I was there we had 2 broken glass bottles of olive oil, 1 broken bottle of soft drink, 1 cash drawer that decided to lock itself and 1 register that just screwed up completely.

Still, I heard that @ 2:30PM donations reached $2.5mil so I reckon it might, hopefully, be >$5mil raised.

jirwin

HSC
Worked 5.30 - 9.30. There was a priority one called at like 5.25 but thats all.

Constant customers until about 8.15-8.30ish then again about 30min later.

Anyone else getting reduced hours? I have 4hrs next week - luckily its a Sunday shift so just under $100 - not too bad but I could do with a few more hours. (Got 8hrs this week, no Sunday shift). Only good thing is that now I'm back at TAFE I have something to occupy myself unlike the holidays.

greentsquare

HSC
Anyone else getting reduced hours? I have 4hrs next week - luckily its a Sunday shift so just under $100 - not too bad but I could do with a few more hours. (Got 8hrs this week, no Sunday shift). Only good thing is that now I'm back at TAFE I have something to occupy myself unlike the holidays.
Been getting reduced hours since December :(
I originally assumed it was because of competition for shifts with lower-paid school-age kids or whatever; however, I still sometimes get 0 shifts in a week.

got 3 1/2 hours this week; then 10 next week including a 3-hr Sunday

greekgun

HSC
Been getting reduced hours since December :(
I originally assumed it was because of competition for shifts with lower-paid school-age kids or whatever; however, I still sometimes get 0 shifts in a week.

got 3 1/2 hours this week; then 10 next week including a 3-hr Sunday
Consider that being lucky. I only get like 3-6 hours a week (1 or 2 shifts) and then other weeks i get 0. And thats with me having my availabilty as "i can work anytime". This is a result of the economy - but also our store hired 60 new people for the registers for the xmas rush and kept them on. Once i get settled into uni im condisdering leaving the hell hole which is coles and finding work else where. Hell, even people working at maccas get better hours than we do.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Thats what I hate with the hiring process. People would be lucky to get 8 hours a week in Grocery, yet they go and hire 10 newbies, what the fuck are they thinking, excuse the language!!. So many of us are available everyday, allday, yet they go hire these new guys who will be slow for months.

I got more hours at Maccas before Coles!, and yes, I do regret leaving now. I only do 4 hours a week now..

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
yeh my coles was pretty normal
which is, a lot slower than mosts

but apparently it was busy during the day. my shift was 4-7

mcquinn

HSC
My coles was craazy busy. Our stupid fresh produce manager (my dept) didnt even know about the event until the day before when our useless store manager finally remembered to tell him. Its painful to think how much that man gets paid to do nothing while i bust my butt for very little.

Anywho, yeh we were sold out of alot of stock by 4- 4.30...i was glad to get out of there so i didnt have to listen to customers whinge and complain wah wah.

I have the opposite problem to you guys. Ive been fine working lots of hours lately but now uni is starting again ill only be able to work one or two shifts a week, seeing as ill be doing a full-time course. My boss is freaking out cuz other staff have left and others have gone part-time (crappy mgmt, no one wants to work under him) and has been telling me how work shud come first over my education...wtf!?

If i culd be fked atm looking for a new job and adapting to new work conditions i would leave so fast....but alas i am lazy!

46joel

HSC
I recently got a job doing night fill at Coles and we had a training thing where we needed to sign a heap of forms and stuff. Some of the things you can join were optional but in the end I was a little behind and was in a hurry so I just signed this REST superannuation thing without thinking. Now I can't remember if it was optional or not and I am really freaking out thinking that people are going to take my money lol
So can anyone tell me if it is mandatory or if I had the option to say no because I'm really worried

Grissom

HSC
and has been telling me how work shud come first over my education...wtf!?
lol i always get this at work...just say "i have better things to do with my life" and give your best shit eating grin.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I recently got a job doing night fill at Coles and we had a training thing where we needed to sign a heap of forms and stuff. Some of the things you can join were optional but in the end I was a little behind and was in a hurry so I just signed this REST superannuation thing without thinking. Now I can't remember if it was optional or not and I am really freaking out thinking that people are going to take my money lol
So can anyone tell me if it is mandatory or if I had the option to say no because I'm really worried
You joined the default superannuation fund for coles employees. if you want to be with a different one or whatever (e.g. you are already with another one from previous employment), talk to someone about changing it over, otherwise leave it.

greentsquare

HSC
they require you to have a superannuation fund, but you have a choice in what sort of covers/fees you want to be taken out of your salary

i was also sort of worried about that one before, when i got hired coz i chose not to have insurance (as the cover is really paltry, and i don't really earn much to start with, so i don't want them to be taking out fees on top of tax);
which reminds me... how many hours do you have to work in a week for Coles to make a contribution to REST?

greentsquare

HSC
oh, and just a question regarding transfers. i just recently moved residence so i'm quite far away from the store that i am working in. i still want to work at coles, but i prefer it if it's a nearer store. Do I have to go through the entire online application again or is there a special procedure for transferring from one store to another?
And how do I go about with the employer referees? Should I cite the line manager(who's quite new, and probably cn't even recall my name), or would any of the supervisors do?

greekgun

HSC
Funniest thing happened today - recently manegment put up a poster that displays all the workers scanning rates. Anywho i was looking up mine when the store manager came in and started talking to me about the poster and how he hopes it will encourage people to work faster blah blah etc and then an operator comes in to clock in - and as she was clocking in the maneger goes to me "our store seems to be doing pretty well in the scan rate department but some people are just shit at scanning like this operator here" and he points to some name on the poster. but wat he didnt realise was that the girl that just walked in was that operator, anywho she saw and heard wat he said and started crying and ran out and his face was like :jaw:.

Anywho, aparently this girls going to call the SDA to talk to him about it or something.

bdude

HSC
Funniest thing happened today - recently manegment put up a poster that displays all the workers scanning rates.
We got one of those put up as well, how do they calculate it? I've always thought I was pretty good @ scanning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)