• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Coles Thread (2 Viewers)

bethxx

HSC
N/A
I just got a job as xmast casual for kmart and the one im workin at is preety shit. not to mention the bad management and is really old.. Im wondering if i could get transferred to other kmart store using the internal transfer form? Will they usually work for new staffs such as me.. And what would be a good reason besides closer to home? I cant be too honest, can I?

yoddle

is cool
HSC
the Recruitment process for Coles, is it all online or is there alternate route via the store level? I called up and all they said was go to the website.

also anyone else have the peculiar concept that you have two Coles about 500m away from each other? my local shopping Centre has dual Coles, one on either side.
Yes Coles always do that! In Launceston Coles have three stores in the CBD, two of which are about 700m from each other and both close really late. One of them they bought from woolies just a few years ago. And this is in what is really a glorified country town. Perhaps this is why Coles are being pretty much rescued by Wesfarmers.

CieL

HSC
So... the other day... this curry woman comes to the side of my register and shows me this gold coloured card with the word "entertainment" written on the front of it in black running writing, it also had about 8 outpressed numbers like a credit card number thing.. it's like full sparkly n shit.. and when you turn over to the other side there's all these boxes all lined up in a grid.. and each tiny box has a number in it.. from 1-100 something..

And then she says that this card entitles her to 5% off everything at multiple stores.

Wow. There's such a card?

Of course I've never seen such a card and no-one has ever presented this card to me before.. I look around it.. there's no metallic strip to swipe on, there's no barcode to scan, I tried to type in the digits outpressed at the front.. nothing worked so I told her that I couldnt really do anything with the card because there's no method of inputting this so called magical "5% discount off everything... even gift cards"

Has anyone seen/used one of these before?
She said that she's used it at a neighbouring Coles before and all sorts of places.. which I really do call bullshit..

But it would be nice to know because the bitch wrote my name [and my manager who also couldnt help her] down to send herself a complaint form to head office =[

I know I won't get in trouble at all but I also want to prove her dumbshit the next time I see her.

bdude

HSC
That would be an "entertainment" card - Entertainment Book - Home

It's used for discounts, mostly at restaurants and hotels. The Coles PlatinumPlay card is run by Entertainment.

I had a look in the Sydney entertainment discount listing on their site and it does mention that they can get $100 gift cards for $5 off. But I couldn't find out more about it.

I think though, you have to actually order the gift cards THROUGH Entertainment to get the discount. I've seen a few people use them in my store because they just shove the letter with the gift card stuck to it in my face.

CieL

HSC
So in summary, waving that gold card in my face will not grant her anything.

She has to go through the site or something to get a voucher, which may then be used at participating stores?

greekgun

HSC
Its funny how such a small thing like a 5% discount card makes some1 think that their top shit. This curry woman sounds like a real bitch, i mean wats the point in waving it around. I remember when i was serving this man and he had one of those black platinum card things, and he was prancing round the store like a dick head. Anyways, when i say the total of the transaction, he puts his hand into his pocket and pulls out the card and throws it at me and looks at me like im supposed to be impressed and then says "you know thats a platinum card - i could by a house with that if i wanted" and i reply "yeah thats good 4 u mate". Anyway i put it through and the screen came up with an error which read something like 'eftpos card overreached limit' or something. So i told the customer this and he goes of his rocket so i tell him to go home and call his card provider to which he replies "Nah i just call them right here, thats the type of service i get with this card - not that u would know". Anyway his on his phone talking to his card provider, and then he stops grinning and goes white. Then i couldnt resist so i said "wats wrong, platnium card to good for u". And then the asswhole just stormed out of the store. I seriously hate theese stuck up people.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Its funny how such a small thing like a 5% discount card makes some1 think that their top shit. This curry woman sounds like a real bitch, i mean wats the point in waving it around. I remember when i was serving this man and he had one of those black platinum card things, and he was prancing round the store like a dick head. Anyways, when i say the total of the transaction, he puts his hand into his pocket and pulls out the card and throws it at me and looks at me like im supposed to be impressed and then says "you know thats a platinum card - i could by a house with that if i wanted" and i reply "yeah thats good 4 u mate". Anyway i put it through and the screen came up with an error which read something like 'eftpos card overreached limit' or something. So i told the customer this and he goes of his rocket so i tell him to go home and call his card provider to which he replies "Nah i just call them right here, thats the type of service i get with this card - not that u would know". Anyway his on his phone talking to his card provider, and then he stops grinning and goes white. Then i couldnt resist so i said "wats wrong, platnium card to good for u". And then the asswhole just stormed out of the store. I seriously hate theese stuck up people.

these ppl..need to change...their attitudes..

But i had a :lol: :rofl:

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
I am never going to work a customer service type role again in my life. I worked a year and half at coles check-out. It is pathetic. With my anger issues, every1 was surprised i never hit a customer.

greekgun

HSC
I am never going to work a customer service type role again in my life. I worked a year and half at coles check-out. It is pathetic. With my anger issues, every1 was surprised i never hit a customer.
True, im never going to work in customer service after i leave coles - unless i needed to because i was about to become a hobo or something, or it paid alot of $$$$.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
True, im never going to work in customer service after i leave coles - unless i needed to because i was about to become a hobo or something, or it paid alot of $$$$.
Desperately trying to get a 'nightfill' job.

bdude

HSC
my Service Mgr told me a funny story tonight: some drunk guy came in last night and asked if she could go and get him 4 things and he'd be back in 20 minutes to pick them up and pay for them. The store manager said she should do it because it would be good customer service lol.

She also told me about this guy who comes in every week and buys $500 of Le Snacks and sultana packets (to make lunches for tourists) and asks for it to be split up into $30 lots. Says it takes her a good 20 minutes.

HSC
So in summary, waving that gold card in my face will not grant her anything.

She has to go through the site or something to get a voucher, which may then be used at participating stores?
Yep, coles supplies the entertainment book company with gift cards, which the customer must purchase through them.

In store, the card has no use.

bdude

HSC
I am majorly peeved. Some idiots have decided they'd rather go enjoy the beach then go to work tommorrow so my Serv. manager had no other option then to turn my 4 hour saturday shift into a 9 hour one. It's the first time I've ever done >5 hours.

It does come in handy as I'm trying to save up and these 29 hours (4 @ sunday rates!) will very much come in handy :)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
I am majorly peeved. Some idiots have decided they'd rather go enjoy the beach then go to work tommorrow so my Serv. manager had no other option then to turn my 4 hour saturday shift into a 9 hour one. It's the first time I've ever done >5 hours.

It does come in handy as I'm trying to save up and these 29 hours (4 @ sunday rates!) will very much come in handy :)
lol. that's nothing.
I just worked, today, around 7 hours straight without having a break today.
had my tea + lunchbreak at 2pm. started at 6. finished at 4-10pm

+ have 10 hour shifts 2morrow nad on sunday

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Anyone else lose power from Melbourne's heat yesterday? At 6.30 last night our store lost power, along with 500,000 other victorians, and Deli,produce, Dairy,meat have lost entire refrigeration stock. AKA- $80,000 worth of stuff-gone!

I dont really care about Coles losing out money wise, but thank god for insurance!!

bdude

HSC
Anyone working Friday (bushfires appeal day) - I reckon it's going to be pretty mad.

jirwin

HSC
I'm working 5.30 - 9.30 but won't be surprised if I am called in early. Oh well, won't plan anything for that day just in case I am :)

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Yep, they just called me up to get me in..

Should be quite a big donation from Coles, well done!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)